www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All senior administrative management positions at AVFC

+2
GadgetMan
South London Villan
6 posters

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

All senior administrative management positions at AVFC - Page 7 Empty Re: All senior administrative management positions at AVFC

Post by Sandie Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:08 pm

I can see all your points and I have no doubt that Round has impressed them with deep knowledge of the business of football. I just always feel that having another coach/manager in the setup can end up being a cuckoo in the nest.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

All senior administrative management positions at AVFC - Page 7 Empty Re: All senior administrative management positions at AVFC

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:30 pm

Sandie wrote:I can see all your points and I have no doubt that Round has impressed them with deep knowledge of the business of football. I just always feel that having another coach/manager in the setup can end up being a cuckoo in the nest.
I think it depends on how clearly his job is defined. I read an interview a few months ago where Round said that he was ready to move onto a different challenge within football administration, and with that in mind he was taking business qualifications and doing consultancy and lecturing. It appears that he's been working world wide in the last few months as a consultant for Man City, which reinforces the regard in which he is held. He could also have linked up with David Moyes again but chose to pursue wider footballing interest. Also I've listened to Round speak a few times and he comes across as an intelligent guy.

Villa are now a Championship club with a less attractive appeal to the "big names" ie Comolli etc. and their contact books would be full of players and individuals that would link to better positioned teams. I have to say I wondered what an experienced TD would currently find to do at AVFC (apart from transfer windows). The appointment of Steve Round would mean that his strengths could be used 100% of the time in developing the football structure at the club from the Academy upwards.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:34 pm

I could be talking through my backside here, as I've only had a couple of hours to think about it! All senior administrative management positions at AVFC - Page 7 3640643743
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:51 pm

http://www.myoldmansaid.com/tony-xia-meeting-aston-villa-supporters/

Before Xia came in, the group covered a few general topics with Wyness like the situation with the incoming Aston Villa Technical Director, who as already been reported, will commence his work at Villa, September 1st (he’s still currently under contract at another club).

That doesn't sound like Steve Round. Isn't he a free agent?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:35 pm

Sandie wrote:http://www.myoldmansaid.com/tony-xia-meeting-aston-villa-supporters/

Before Xia came in, the group covered a few general topics with Wyness like the situation with the incoming Aston Villa Technical Director, who as already been reported, will commence his work at Villa, September 1st (he’s still currently under contract at another club).

He's doing consultancy work for Man City which involves a lot of travel. Perhaps he has a short term contract with them?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:27 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
Sandie wrote:http://www.myoldmansaid.com/tony-xia-meeting-aston-villa-supporters/

He's doing consultancy work for Man City which involves a lot of travel. Perhaps he has a short term contract with them?

The 1st September deadline does throw a small question mark on Steve Round, however we do know he was at VP with Wyness the other week. Pat Murphy seemed to think it was him the other week, but I guess maybe not?! Not too long to find out. Didn't Dan Ashworth work with RDM at WBA? Wonder when his contract is up with England....

Incidentally no problem with SR if it is him, think you nicely summed up why he'd be a good fit up above VB
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:44 pm

Heres a transcript from an interview with Dr tony on recon weibo account, I've translated it.

Jian , Vera introduction of a European club coach , technical director of the England national team working background , "This will help us better deal from signings to the team system construction sectors ."

The new technical director............ Dan Ashworth?!!
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:08 pm

That would be a very good appointment for the role. Let's hope translate isn't selling us a dud!
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:27 pm

Jim Villan wrote:Heres a transcript from an interview with Dr tony on recon weibo account, I've translated it.

Jian , Vera introduction of a European club coach , technical director of the England national team working background , "This will help us better deal from signings to the team system construction sectors ."

The new technical director............ Dan Ashworth?!!
I would be delighted if it is Dan Ashworth. Good spot Jim!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:52 pm

I'm pleased to see that Samuelson is now nothing to do with AVFC. Dr T confirmed this on twitter today. He said that Samuelson was paid for the work of his company Socfin and has no involvement now.

It seems that Dr Tony is willing to listen to the collective intelligence that fans can provide. I'm sure that decisions will not be solely based on fan opinion (that could be a recipe for disaster), but we do have a huge amount of collective experience and it can be used as an indicator to the wisdom or otherwise of footballing decisions.

Fans have been quite vocal about Enner Valencia, and it seems that Dr T watched him for 45 minutes last night and took onboard the general feeling of concern about this player. It may not stop another bid if they see him as a right winger, but it might knock his price down.

All senior administrative management positions at AVFC - Page 7 205019816
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:57 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Fans have been quite vocal about Enner Valencia, and it seems that Dr T watched him for 45 minutes last night and took onboard the general feeling of concern about this player. It may not stop another bid if they see him as a right winger, but it might knock his price down.

I'm not sure I would be happy if the club was ran in that way. Ultimately, the club's transfer business is the concern of the manager and they must stand or fall by that. If the owner is standing in their way because of their personal thoughts or the views of fans it's not a recipe for success. Fact is, whilst we've had a run of managers who do stupid things that have gone badly there are plenty of incidences where a good manager has made a call on a player that fans were unsure of and the manager has been proven right. I wonder if the reaction to Valencia has been what it is because of the Dr. making a rod from his back with the world class comments?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:53 am

I think the "world class striker" may well be a loan deal.

If it's not, it could even be someone as ordinary as Hal Robson Kanu, because his goal against Germany was described as "world class" and he's a pacy current international. Kanu's agent has said that he wants to wait for the last day of the transfer window in order to get the best deal as he's on a free.

I agree with your point about fan's and Chairmen not making key decisions, but I wish fan's had been listened to when Lerner appointed McLeish! When it's clear that the club are about to get something badly wrong then it could be invaluable to note collective fan wisdom with a Chairman who is prepared to listen.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:20 am

Yes, definitely in that case!
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:13 pm

I didn't think it was worth opening an 'Official Site' thread, so I'll put my complaint on here .... Is there any point to AVFC Official?

On the rare occasion that they condescend to give us any decent information, you get a few seconds into an 'interview' and then it freezes until you subscribe to a ragbag AVTV. It's like the worse kind of tout trying to lure you into a seedy strip club.

Dr T will have to drag it kicking and screaming into 2016 if he seriously wants fans to take notice of anything issuing from the club. Villa should use the Official Site as a medium to attract fresh fans, not to fleece the already converted with the cheapest of shoddy products! .... Rant over ....
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:38 am

Dr T announced on Twitter (where else? Very Happy ) that Steve Round is our new Technical Director.

Welcome Steve.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next