www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steve Bruce: Aston Villa Manager

+3
Jim Villan
Chris Harte
GadgetMan
7 posters

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Steve Bruce: Aston Villa Manager Empty Steve Bruce: Aston Villa Manager

Post by Sandie Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:38 pm

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Steve Bruce: Aston Villa Manager Empty Re: Steve Bruce: Aston Villa Manager

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:48 pm

I wonder how Steve Bruce feels about being appointed the Villa manager today? Has it given him a real buzz, or do you think it's just another job to him?

Is Villa only special to us, or do we still have an aura to outsiders?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:56 pm

I think he will have a buzz about it, I think people like him probably love the feeling of starting at a new club after a bit of time out of the game and we're the biggest club he has taken charge of. He'll be delighted. The scale and facilities he will have is so much bigger than he's had at the likes of Wigan, Hull and that lot that wear blue. Probably in terms of the training ground more impressive than Sunderland too.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:04 pm

Sandie wrote:I think he will have a buzz about it, I think people like him probably love the feeling of starting at a new club after a bit of time out of the game and we're the biggest club he has taken charge of. He'll be delighted. The scale and facilities he will have is so much bigger than he's had at the likes of Wigan, Hull and that lot that wear blue. Probably in terms of the training ground more impressive than Sunderland too.
Sunderland have a superb training facility but BMH probably shades it. The Stadium of light is a very good stadium, but it doesn't have the sheer charisma of Villa Park.

I hope Bruce is successful, because it would be good to see a big grin on the touchline for a change.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:25 pm

I reckon he's like a kid in a sweet shop and will be really excited at this job. He can be a hero if he turns our fortunes around. A killer start v Wolves, Reading and then Blues. Get wins against both Wolves and Blues and he'll of had a great old start.

What has impressed me is the universal support he has received by people in the game and journo's, they all seem to love him and think he will do well hear, rare you get that across the board. Hopefully a good sign!! Some of our fans have been less impressed and have been quite vocal about it on social media. so I hope we get a strong start as we need it and it will do him and the players the world of good, whilst silencing the small portion of our more negative fan base. Time to simply 'support' the club, whatever and whoever your preference UTV
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:17 pm

The pundits and journos almost always say that the old fashioned English managers like Bruce and Allardyce are good choices. A bit of an old boys network, I think. Not saying that their views aren't truthful in this case but the general point stands.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Harte Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:40 pm

Let's hope this thread lasts a lot longer than the Robert Di Matteo one.

If he wins games it'll be a start. If he wins enough to get us promoted I'll be happy, although if he does that he's got to do it with the hinderance of RDM's poor record.

If he fails the Noses will hail him as "Agent Bruce."

On balance, I think he's as good as we could have hoped to get at the moment.

Chris Harte
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:42 am

I actually woke up with a smile on my face this morning. Surprisingly I'm feeling "Villa positive" again. Very Happy
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:46 am

If Steve Bruce is bothered enough about the Villa job to shift several stone in weight in preparation for the demands of the job, then he must be feeling positive. The least I can do is join him by being positive as well.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:43 pm

Feeling really like I have my Villa mojo back this morning. I'm genuinely excited to have a manger who is passionate logical and inspirational. Cant wait for the games coming up now.

With that in mind what do you lot think will be Bruces first teamsheet and bench be for the Wolves game?
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:27 pm

From what I've seen and read, Bruce likes a 3-5-2 so with that in mind:
Steve Bruce: Aston Villa Manager Lineup10

Subs: Bunn, Richards, Cissokho, Gardner, Adomah, Kodjia, Ayew

Harsh on a number of players (Kodjia and Ayew) but I have a feeling Bruce will like Rudy. I'd not be surprised if he goes for Richards in place of Baker or Gardner/Westwood in place of Grealish but this is the general XI I expect. Will expect to see Amavi excel under Bruce (just think he's the kind of player he likes and that does well under his management).
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:32 pm

He's certainly making the right noises: http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villas-steve-bruce-how-12017738

"You only have to look at the squad - and the investment that the club has made - to realise we have a good group of players for the Championship.

“I will be delighted to start work first thing today. I can’t wait to get stuck in. I am ready to go.

“I have made my career out of one thing really and managed to get to the top – that’s basically hard work. You have to be able to work hard for me. That’s what I demand.

“Football is a team game. How often have we seen a team – maybe not with the best individuals – but the team itself is the most important thing.

“The ability to never give up is what I require. Everyone wants to see wonderfully skillful players but supporters want to see their team play with spirit and passion too.

“The fans are the most important people in any football club. They are a wonderfully loyal bunch here. They have had it tough over the past few years.

“When you see that many going to Preston you realise what a big fanbase it is.

"With that comes big expectation and I hope I can give them the team and individuals they require because we have all known throughout the years that Aston Villa has a huge, huge fanbase – as big as anybody.

“It’s up to me and the team to get them back at it, back onside and proud of the team again.”

Hard work, strong team rather than individuals, never giving up, giving fans something to be proud of. Exactly the opposite of what we've seen for so long at Villa Park. Whilst I believe in deeds and not words Steve Bruce's career so far gives me faith that these are more than mere platitudes.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:33 pm

At Hull Bruce favoured a 3 5 2  which I think would be effective for our players.

GOLLINI

ELPHICK   CHESTER BAKER

ADOMAH/BACUNA                                AMAVI

THSIBOLA JEDINAK  MCORMACK

KODJA      GESTEDE
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:34 pm

SORRY SANDI I STARTED WRITING MY POST 2 HOURS AGO AND HADNT SEEN YOURS ABOVE........GREAT MINDS THINK A LIKE HEY!!!
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:53 pm

3-5-2 could work for the players that we have. Adomah's played the right wing back role before.

We won't keep many clean sheets, but I'd back us to out score the opposition more often than not. It's certainly a formula for getting rid of the draws and battling for three points every match.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next