www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steve Bruce: Aston Villa Manager

+3
Jim Villan
Chris Harte
GadgetMan
7 posters

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Steve Bruce: Aston Villa Manager - Page 5 Empty Re: Steve Bruce: Aston Villa Manager

Post by Sandie Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:41 pm

He's another one from that tier of good number 2s (like Steve Clarke) who seem to come up short when they're a manager. He had a very poor time of it at Hibs. I agree with what you say about Brighton's defence, they have conceded the lowest number of goals in the Championship so Hughton and Calderwood must be doing something right.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Steve Bruce: Aston Villa Manager - Page 5 Empty Re: Steve Bruce: Aston Villa Manager

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:41 pm

Bruce, Calderwood, Clemence and Walsh, make a decent collection of Championship coaching talent. I think their abilities and personalities will fit in nicely at Villa.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:59 pm

All of them have been members of coaching setups that have won promotion to the Premiership in the past too.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:48 am

Good to see Calderwood confirmed by Bruce last night.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:51 am

villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:19 pm

Another step forward.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:27 pm

There seems to be a fair bit of experience and ability in our back room team. It must help the players to have genuine people who know what they're doing, in charge of the day to day training.( I exempt Steve Clarke from any implied criticism of previous coaches and management.)
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:02 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Hill_(footballer,_born_1963)

Another very experienced coach added to our BMH team. Welcome back Richard.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:14 pm

Someone who knows the club too. Wonder if SBL recommended him to Bruce?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:20 pm

Sandie wrote:Someone who knows the club too. Wonder if SBL recommended him to Bruce?
May well have been a conversation between Brian and Steve Round. Even if his job is more on the scouting side, it's good to be building a "Villa family".
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:20 pm

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:40 pm

How much longer does he get?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:58 pm

As long as we can get enough points (somehow!) to be safe, then I wouldn't want to see us embark on another manager hunt until we've got this season out of the way. The choice would be extremely limited prior to the summer break.

I have to ask though, were we just spending money without a plan in January? Surely Bruce didn't buy these players to play in the restricted way that he now seems to favour. Have we got a plan, or are we just making it up as we stumble along!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:49 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:As long as we can get enough points (somehow!) to be safe, then I wouldn't want to see us embark on another manager hunt until we've got this season out of the way. The choice would be extremely limited prior to the summer break.

I agree with that. The big problem is that I think our problems run a lot deeper than who's manager. We've had a few managers in the past few seasons. I'm not convinced they were all terrible or incompetent but they all struggled. I think we need to look at the ruinous impact Randy Lerner had on the mentality of the club and also some long serving players who've been with us too long, took part in too many failures and who, through various issues, poison any newcomers.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:40 pm

http://www.myoldmansaid.com/aston-villas-current-form-is-in-a-state-of-emergency-but-is-there-still-hope/

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the current situation, these stats make for sober reading!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next