www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leeds United v Aston Villa. Fri Dec 1st 19.45 kick off (SKY TV)

3 posters

Go down

Leeds United v Aston Villa.  Fri Dec 1st 19.45 kick off (SKY TV) Empty Leeds United v Aston Villa. Fri Dec 1st 19.45 kick off (SKY TV)

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:46 pm

This is the big one!

Not because it's Leeds, not because it's an away game on TV, but because it's against a top eight team.

We don't beat top eight teams if you check our record. We don't seem to know how to. We've had a relatively easy run of games so far, and we've been slight favourites in most of them against lower, less able teams.Friday night is going to be different, so will we be able to handle it. Leeds will genuinely believe they can beat us, and will have a right go at us!

Can we handle the pressure and the more intense spotlight? If we can I'll begin to believe that Bruce is getting it right where it really matters. However, my honest opinion is that we will fall (as usual) at this hurdle with the reappearance of our default insecurities on bigger occasions.

I hope I'm wrong, but I see us losing this match by a couple of goals, not because Leeds are better than us, but because we will play them as though they are.

What do you think guys?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Leeds United v Aston Villa.  Fri Dec 1st 19.45 kick off (SKY TV) Empty Re: Leeds United v Aston Villa. Fri Dec 1st 19.45 kick off (SKY TV)

Post by Jim Villan Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:58 pm

Tomorrow's match is going to be a real test for us. Leeds crowd will be up for this one and I expect for Leeds to give it ago. Much will hinge how well we can defend and can we take our chances. This has been the difference for me of late we have been clinical with the chances we have been getting or should I say Adomah has been clinical, and we've defended pretty solidly. If we can do this again then we should come away with a result. Would nice to see us put in a really good display and send a message out to the teams above us. UTV

Last edited by Jim Villan on Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Leeds United v Aston Villa.  Fri Dec 1st 19.45 kick off (SKY TV) Empty Re: Leeds United v Aston Villa. Fri Dec 1st 19.45 kick off (SKY TV)

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:52 pm

Jim Villan wrote:Tomorrow's match is going to be a real test for us. Leeds crowd will be up for this one and I expect for Leeds to give it ago. Much will hinge how well we can defend and hope effectively we can take our chances. This has been the difference for me of late we have been clinical with the chances we have been getting or should I say Adomah has been clinical, and we've defended pretty solidly. If we can do this again then we should come away with a result. Would nice to see us put in a really good display and send a message out to the teams above us. UTV
As usual you're more optimistic than me Jim. Leeds United v Aston Villa.  Fri Dec 1st 19.45 kick off (SKY TV) 4288271622
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:07 pm

Just as I type we've gone a goal down. Pissflaps.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:39 pm

It's just the same as last season. We're giving them far too much respect, and sitting off them like they're Brazil! Onomah hasn't broken sweat yet! Bruce looks like a rabbit in headlights .... you can almost smell the fear!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:29 pm

Well .... we just about got away with it by putting on two more attack minded players, and getting up to their penalty area .... it's not rocket science. How poor was that!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:14 am

We got away with that one, I suppose picking up undeserved points when you're not at your best is a sign of a good team but I'm not convinced we have been at our best yet.

I do think there is a good spirit with this side, even if other things are missing. Think that's testament to a couple of the senior pros around the setup.

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:27 pm

It doesn't seem like we have a coached plan. We make it up as we go along. A bunch of players some of whom have their sleeves rolled up, will only get us so far. Leeds looked a better team, who were thankfully low on confidence.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down