www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off

+11
Lionheart
Sandie
villabromsgrove
Morddred
gaffer85
gdav
Jim Villan
Jamie Gray
Jimmycarr
avfcff1982
Liberty
15 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

What will happen against the Magpies?

Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off I_vote_lcap100%Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off Empty 100% 
[ 10 ]
Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off I_vote_lcap0%Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off I_vote_lcap0%Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off Empty Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off

Post by Sandie Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:18 pm

Hope I'm not stepping on the mods' toes by starting a thread for this. Apologies if I am.

Will be interesting to see what will happen here, I reckon Sherwood will rest a couple and play a few of the lads who are out of favour or on their way back to fitness like Baker, Gil, Hutton and Kozak. I think our recent business means we have enough strength in depth to rest a lot of people but still have a decent side out.

I predict a 3-1 win with Kozak x2 and Gil getting our goals.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off Empty Re: Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:28 pm

Sandie wrote:Hope I'm not stepping on the mods' toes by starting a thread for this. Apologies if I am.

Will be interesting to see what will happen here, I reckon Sherwood will rest a couple and play a few of the lads who are out of favour or on their way back to fitness like Baker, Gil, Hutton and Kozak. I think our recent business means we have enough strength in depth to rest a lot of people but still have a decent side out.

I predict a 3-1 win with Kozak x2 and Gil getting our goals.
Sandie you're a diamond! I usually get saddled with putting up these match day threads, and I worry in case I forget. Very Happy You've even added a poll! Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off 4288271622  You're welcome to beat me to it every match. Cheers. Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off 2614569260

I'm going for a definite Villa win with the pressure off. I hope we play some classy stuff as well.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off Empty Re: Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off

Post by Liberty Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:48 am

perfect game to try out "fringe" players IMO, so Hutton, Kozak and a few newbies to be added to the squad.
wouldn't be surprised to see Bennett play either.

comfortable 3-0 win

Liberty
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:59 am

This time last year we were up against Leyton Orient on a night I felt should of been Paul Lambert's last, but then I thought that after Bradford and a million other times. Anyway, I digress!

As already said. A great chance to give a few that need game time an opportunity to show what they can do. I think Ayew, Veretout, Kozak will play and possibly Traore, to get bums off seats (that the stewards will tell to sit down ha)

Looking forward to it.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:09 pm

Really hope Kozak gets an opportunity and takes that opportunity, but I suspect the game will be used to get Rudy's fitness levels up.
Also I would like to see bunn take his opportunity if he is used.
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:33 pm

It's probably not a good game for Adama. Notts County will have only one plan to stop him .... a size eleven boot!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcff1982 Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:54 pm

TS has said Traore will play some part in the game, I'm sure Veretout will get a run out, this is a signing who I think will be a big player for us, when fit and up to speed with the PL, he looked lacking in in both departments Vs Manure.

No idea what the starting line up might be, but I'm going for 3 - 0 to Villa Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off 205019816
avfcff1982
avfcff1982
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:21 pm

We cannot afford another Leyton Orient type result. Player's confidence would be shot and fans would be furious. It's a little game, but a huge result! Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off 205019816
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:09 pm

Agreed, for that reason I think we need to play a strong (if not completely first choice) lineup. At this early stage of the season I don't think any player would be in desperate need of a rest. In fact I think even some of our regulars might be in more need of the chance to build fitness rather than a rest. Of course, Tim can feel free to rest Gabby...

One thing from Tim's pre-match comments on the OS does worry me.

It's always difficult on the back of a defeat, especially the way that result against Crystal Palace came.

We have to take it on the chin and go again.

That's dangerously close to Lambert's old cliche! pale
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:18 pm

Sandie wrote:Agreed, for that reason I think we need to play a strong (if not completely first choice) lineup. At this early stage of the season I don't think any player would be in desperate need of a rest. In fact I think even some of our regulars might be in more need of the chance to build fitness rather than a rest. Of course, Tim can feel free to rest Gabby...

One thing from Tim's pre-match comments on the OS does worry me.

It's always difficult on the back of a defeat, especially the way that result against Crystal Palace came.

We have to take it on the chin and go again.

That's dangerously close to Lambert's old cliche! pale

Thankfully not delivered in such a dour way, one would hope anyway. He's quite chirpy our Tim. I think we will look to go for the jugular early on. Hope so as I'm down there watching and I rarely make an appearance these days.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmycarr Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:16 am

Anyone know if the match is televised at all, even AVTV?
Jimmycarr
Jimmycarr
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:08 pm

Jimmycarr wrote:Anyone know if the match is televised at all, even AVTV?

Doubtful mate. I'll let you know via PM if I find anything for you Match day thread: Aston Villa V Notts County... Tues August 25th 7:45 Kick Off 4288271622
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:08 pm

I expect to see a strong team tonight as Tim has said many times over the guys need playing time to gel. Don't see that being abandoned tonight. Anyone know the expected attendance?

Jamie Gray
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:59 pm

Let's hope we don't pick up any injuries.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Harte Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:24 pm

I'd imagine maybe four or five will be rested tonight. It should still be a decent enough side that he puts out.

2-0 win is my prediction.

Chris Harte
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next