www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aston Villa V Watford: Saturday 28th November at 3PM

5 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What will happen against Watford?

Aston Villa V Watford: Saturday 28th November at 3PM - Page 3 I_vote_lcap50%Aston Villa V Watford: Saturday 28th November at 3PM - Page 3 Empty 50% 
[ 2 ]
Aston Villa V Watford: Saturday 28th November at 3PM - Page 3 I_vote_lcap25%Aston Villa V Watford: Saturday 28th November at 3PM - Page 3 Empty 25% 
[ 1 ]
Aston Villa V Watford: Saturday 28th November at 3PM - Page 3 I_vote_lcap25%Aston Villa V Watford: Saturday 28th November at 3PM - Page 3 Empty 25% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

Aston Villa V Watford: Saturday 28th November at 3PM - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa V Watford: Saturday 28th November at 3PM

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:30 am

I've predicted a loss, but I'm changing my mind because I have to. If we can't beat Watford, who can we beat? 2-1 Villa! Aston Villa V Watford: Saturday 28th November at 3PM - Page 3 205019816
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa V Watford: Saturday 28th November at 3PM - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa V Watford: Saturday 28th November at 3PM

Post by Sandie Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:02 pm

I'm very nervous.

Team news:
Aston Villa V Watford: Saturday 28th November at 3PM - Page 3 Cu517610

No changes to the defence but the rest of that side looks okay.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:23 pm

Garde has to sort out our defence. This back four will lose us matches on their own.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:43 pm

We need to see a lot of pace and mobility from our front six. If we don't press for 90 minutes then Watford will counter attack enough times to win this.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:53 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Garde has to sort out our defence. This back four will lose us matches on their own.

You can justify the selection of 3 of them, that Richardson is still deemed the best person to play left back does boggle my mind. How bad are the other options for the manager to think that?

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:05 pm

Okore, Richards, Lescott, Clark as a mainly defensive back line. Okore is a very accurate passer of the ball (on the floor with pace) and they're all strong tacklers. We could then aim at a clean sheet with someone nicking a goal at the other end of the pitch.

It wont be attractive but we need to grind out results. When this lot start to show the technical ability to score regularly then we can look at wing backs again.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:11 pm

Newcastle leading at Palace. Not good news for us...
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:18 pm

Watford score.

JESUS WEPT! Shit defending as per.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:41 pm

MICAH!
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:59 pm

I've said before that this is a massive game that will determine whether we stay up and I'm standing by that. We came into it well before half time and we will hopefully continue that in the second half.

He desperately needs to sort out that defence, though.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:00 pm

I"ve watched the first half closely and our same old weaknesses are there. Hutton is getting cheered on by the fans because he's involved in a lot of our attacking. Watch his positioning carefully. He's the furthest forward most of the time, pinned to the touchline and waiting for the ball. the only time he comes back is to follow the linesman to stay on side (he's supposed to be a right back by the way.)

This leaves our three man defence really vunerable to counter attacking teams and we were duly punished as usual. Hutton has not done anything defensively, but he has wasted every cross, although he's won some corners by playing almost on the opposition's goal line.

Here's a novel idea. If Hutton is going to be allowed to play as a right winger, and not track back once, why not replace him with Adama Traore who is an infinitely better right winger!

I know you guys think my Hutton rants are over done, but he is single handedly destroying our defensive shape. If Watford show a bit more desire in the second half they can cut through our three man defence at will.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:07 pm

Part of our problem is that our defenders try too often to play or pass their way out of trouble. What's wrong with a good old fashioned hoof? I have nothing against slow, patient play but I think trying to play is beyond the defenders we have started is beyond them.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:12 pm

Well, how predictable was that. Our defence is comic and non existent! Clark and Richardson stood and watched the ball for the third goal and neither of them even jumped or moved to block Deeney .... and they were goal side of him! When Hutton finally did come back and do a bit of defending after Traore came on, he promptly showed why he's allowed to stand on the right wing. I'm furious that we have lost again because we cannot do the simple things adequately.

Garde is looking out of his depth at the moment, because he doesn't appear to be able to coach our defence.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:21 pm

I think the hope that I have been nurturing the past few weeks, the hope that we could rescue our season with a new manager, has been snuffed out once and for all today. Championship here we come. Other teams have a spirit, just look at Bournemouth and how they won a point. Other teams have a manager who knows how to shore them up and get them out of the trouble (just look at Sunderland). We have nothing. Absolutely nothing.

And all because of the monumental ineptitude of one man and the people he has employed to 'run' the club. An absolute shambles.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:32 pm

If it's true that Paddy Reilly was sent to interview Moyes for the managers job, then it tell us all we need to know. Our club is being run by unqualified idiots. If it's also true that Moyes strong opinions disqualified him, then it shows that the idiots (Fox/Almstadt/Reilly) are determined to retain total control of the asylum.

We are going down unless an absolute miracle occurs.

villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next