www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dr. Tony Xia.

+7
Ivan Kraschinsky
Mr Natterjack
Jim Villan
South London Villan
Villa1345
lukevilla
GadgetMan
11 posters

Page 7 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next

Go down

Dr. Tony Xia. - Page 7 Empty Re: Dr. Tony Xia.

Post by villabromsgrove Mon May 23, 2016 1:59 pm

Xia and Hollis need to have a 'coping strategy' during this handover period. The media are having a field day making AVFC look like a dodgy prospect.

villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon May 23, 2016 2:01 pm

Agreed. Am awful lot of hysteria about at the moment. People need to take a few deep breaths, step away from their keyboards and really take stock.

That telegraph article was outdated, a lot of their claims have already been cleared up, just digging for the sake of it now.

It wouldn't be Villa without a bit (lot) of drama now would it?!

Time for clear heads. If the fans can't do it then we have to trust Hollis, Xia and everyone involved to keep their heads. Fortunately they won't be spending hours trawling Twitter and other social media and just getting on with the task in hand.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon May 23, 2016 2:05 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Xia and Hollis need to have a 'coping strategy' during this handover period. The media are having a field day making AVFC look like a dodgy prospect.

The coping strategy will be getting this takeover done asap and getting on to getting things done. People like to see action and not words. So once we appoint a manger, once the owners and directors test is passed and we see who is involved and what their roles are etc maybe people will calm down. I'm not sure what they can do to control the media, any suggestions? Dr Xia has already felt the need to show a newspaper a bank statement. It's absurd. Seriously though other than getting this done and putting ideas into practice to people can see, I'm lost as to what else they can do? Answers on a postcard?....
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon May 23, 2016 2:27 pm

A media coping strategy would consist of rapid denial of untrue possibly damaging assertions. For example, it's clear that Chris Samuelson would be a worrying and unpopular choice as Villa Chairman. If it's not going to happen, then Hollis or Xia should come out and say that it's not going to happen.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon May 23, 2016 3:06 pm

And what if Samuelson is to be involved?

GadgetMan wrote:The coping strategy will be getting this takeover done asap and getting on to getting things done. People like to see action and not words. So once we appoint a manger, once the owners and directors test is passed and we see who is involved and what their roles are etc maybe people will calm down. I'm not sure what they can do to control the media, any suggestions? Dr Xia has already felt the need to show a newspaper a bank statement. It's absurd. Seriously though other than getting this done and putting ideas into practice to people can see, I'm lost as to what else they can do? Answers on a postcard?....

I think that's it. No matter how much they have to confirm or deny it's all about deeds and not words. And what will happen if there's a less impressive manager put in the hot seat or some of these dodgy characters on board? It's going to take the events of months and months to calm down the negativity and it will probably go as far as the player trading we do and how their manager starts the season.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon May 23, 2016 3:22 pm

I think there is so much negativity attached to this deal that it will take big ACTIONS to turn it around. I think we will get Wyness and Samuelson on the board and people will annoyed, worried, angry etc etc! As Sandie said it will take months for people to either be satisfied or not. Maybe once the deal is done and Xia is over here in the English media and he spells out his plans and clears up any concerns it will get easier. I just think it needs to get done asap (assuming all is above board and as Hollis thinks) and then get people appointed, players signed etc and people will react accordingly.

I worry for some fans, they've gone too far over to the "nothing will be good enough" side. We had it with Ellis and for 5 years with RL, I think some fans will be very very hard to win over again, if ever.

I'm concerned this deal is in doubt before it's even begun which is a big shame. People obviously have the right to think however they please, I just wish people would keep an open mind.

I recall us talking here about the excitement of the unknown and how a chinese owner would bring that, as opposed to the 'known' with a US Owner and now some are concerned by the 'unknown' it's really hard to fathom just what will make people happy.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon May 23, 2016 3:39 pm

Right now I'm sitting on the fence. There are question marks but it's barely been a week since the announcement and the takeover hasn't even been completed. We've only just finished a season where we were one of the worst top flight teams in history with Eric Black driving us round the bend. I can't see Xia delivering something worse than that.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon May 23, 2016 3:48 pm

IF Samuelson is appointed Chairman of the Board, then I would ask the question .... Why? His only role in football has been in brokering deals. He has also brokered loans (at considerable benefit to himself you would imagine) in order to facilitate deals.

Now if his involvement in the Villa deal is purely in facilitating the deal as an advisor, then his job will be done when the deal is signed off. If he were then to be appointed as chair, it would indicate that he was there for financial reasons connected to how the deal was funded .... that (in my opinion) would be very bad news for Villa.

I don't wish to sound negative because I believe that Tony Zia can be a breath of fresh air for the club. My concerns are related to specific areas only.

It's probably better that we discuss our concerns now in a reasonable and respectful manner, than to throw our hands up in dismay at some later date.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon May 23, 2016 3:49 pm

Haven't seen this posted anywhere. Basically Xia says the deal came down to him and Oracle Corp (Ellison) and Lerner went with him due to the bigger fanbase potential. To me this would suggest he is the real deal. If he's been chosen over Ellison and his wealth, he must be offering a big ambitious package. Why else would Lerner and Hollis choose some random 'Dodgy bloke' over the world's 5th richest man (it is 5th isn't it?) Surely that has to be seen as a good thing? Or am I being too naive and simplistic in my view?

http://english.caixin.com/2016-05-20/100946170.html
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon May 23, 2016 3:57 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:IF Samuelson is appointed Chairman of the Board, then I would ask the question .... Why? His only role in football has been in brokering deals. He has also brokered loans (at considerable benefit to himself you would imagine) in order to facilitate deals.

Now if his involvement in the Villa deal is purely in facilitating the deal as an advisor, then his job will be done when the deal is signed off. If he were then to be appointed as chair, it would indicate that he was there for financial reasons connected to how the deal was funded .... that (in my opinion) would be very bad news for Villa.

I don't wish to sound negative because I believe that Tony Zia can be a breath of fresh air for the club. My concerns are related to specific areas only.

It's probably better that we discuss our concerns now in a reasonable and respectful manner, than to throw our hands up in dismay at some later date.

Totally agree and that will naturally happen on here, however elsewhere others have already decided he's dodgy and no good for Villa. How can you debate with that closed mind mentality?

As for Samuelson, I've read into him extensively and he's certainly no angel, but not the 'financial terrorist' some are painting him to be. He's structured deals for finance for people/clubs, however it is the clubs that have seeked him out and then (as in Reading's case) they can't repay the loan, how he is he to blame? it would be like me defaulting on a loan and blaming the lender. I'd rather he wasn't involved, however he's not broken any laws or been found guilty of anything, so as long as he doesn't have final say on anything and others around him are sound businessmen. I'd accept him as part of the deal (what else could I/we do?) Dr Xia is supposedly chairman and Wyness CEO, so his role would be as a director IF on the board at all. Back to my point of needing to be patient and wait for the news, before deciding it all based on rumours and gossip.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon May 23, 2016 3:59 pm

I have to say I can think of absolutely no compelling reason why Oracle would ever show an interest in Aston Villa, let alone bid for it and lose out!

I really hate myself for sounding so miserable today, but I tend to judge things on a fairly logical basis, and Oracle bidding for Villa is one of the most illogical events I can think of.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon May 23, 2016 4:04 pm

pale affraid villabromsgrove Monday 23rd May 2016 affraidpale
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon May 23, 2016 4:11 pm

So I came really close to having to bear my backside in Jenners' window? Shocked

Assuming it's true, I'd like to think you were right but Oracle would be a hell of what if and we are the team who signed Emile Heskey over Radamel Falcao and Tony Cantscoreino over Teddy Sherringham.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon May 23, 2016 5:29 pm

According to that article, Xia is quoted as saying that.....certainly how it appears right? I guess it goes back to the theory that it's not just about having the cash, but how much you're actually willing to spend and how capable you intend on being when spending it, how savvy you are and what your overall project is.

I do agree that I can't understand why Ellison would want us? Maybe promotion of Oracle in the UK? The Oracle Park? on the shirts etc etc! pocket change too.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon May 23, 2016 6:00 pm

GadgetMan wrote:I do agree that I can't understand why Ellison would want us? Maybe promotion of Oracle in the UK? The Oracle Park? on the shirts etc etc! pocket change too.

Premier League football is also on the rise in the US. I don't know much about what Oracle do (maybe showing they need to promote in the UK??) but did see something in dispatches about them resting on the laurels a bit and as a consequence probably needing to get some attention somehow.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum