www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All senior administrative management positions at AVFC

+2
GadgetMan
South London Villan
6 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

All senior administrative management positions at AVFC - Page 10 Empty Re: All senior administrative management positions at AVFC

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:12 am

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-who-sharon-barnhurst-13161948

It makes a pleasant change to read an article about a consummate professional behind the scenes at AVFC. Sharon had a decent role model in Steve Stride, and she's done very well to survive almost thirty often turbulent years at VP.

All senior administrative management positions at AVFC - Page 10 4288271622
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

All senior administrative management positions at AVFC - Page 10 Empty Re: All senior administrative management positions at AVFC

Post by Sandie Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:31 am

villabromsgrove wrote:I've just read an article where Wyness is saying "I talked to a lot of experienced people in football who thought we might drop a division". He appears rather smug that we stayed up and proved them wrong!

We should have been battling for promotion Keith like Newcastle !!!!!! Our management mindset is unbelievably limited and negative.

Aston Villa in the Championship is bad enough, Aston Villa in the third tier wouldn't bear thinking about.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:36 pm

To use the fact that we didn't get relegated again as a positive, frustrates the hell out of me. I want to go into AVFC and shake them out of their frightening complacency.

If we continue to sell ourselves short when it comes to expectations, then it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. We must change our attitude and it starts from Wyness right down to grass roots. I excuse Dr T from this criticism, but even Dr T must look at what our competitors did last season and will no doubt attempt to develop further next season. He must apply the positives to turn around our own continuously negative set up.

villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:30 pm

We should be standing astride the Championship like a colossus, instead of limping to midtable. There can be no excuses this season. There can be no lesser goal than automatic promotion. I want something to cheer on next season. Our fans deserve something to cheer.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:21 pm

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:41 pm

Sandie wrote:Good interview with Organ here: https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2017/06/26/the-big-interview-luke-organ
It looks like there is a lot that he has identified as sub standard. We've needed someone with some energy and drive, backed up with a good commercial brain for a long time.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:06 pm

If we have made another appointment that hasn't come off, I think we need to look at people other than Bruce when apportioning the blame. Round and Wyness were both VERY keen on Bruce by all accounts and both have gone on the record as saying his job is safe.

I'd be very interested in learning how the Bruce appointment was intended to fit in to this supposed Villa way that Round has been developing.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:36 pm

Sandie wrote:If we have made another appointment that hasn't come off, I think we need to look at people other than Bruce when apportioning the blame. Round and Wyness were both VERY keen on Bruce by all accounts and both have gone on the record as saying his job is safe.

I'd be very interested in learning how the Bruce appointment was intended to fit in to this supposed Villa way that Round has been developing.
A poster on another site who I've respected for years (he has a contact at AVFC), said yesterday that we could have signed Wagner but Wyness and Round were adamant that they wanted Bruce. According to this guy although Wagner was saying he wanted to stay at Huddersfield, behind the scenes he wanted the Villa job. Wyness made a different choice.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:03 pm

Sandie wrote:If we have made another appointment that hasn't come off, I think we need to look at people other than Bruce when apportioning the blame. Round and Wyness were both VERY keen on Bruce by all accounts and both have gone on the record as saying his job is safe.

You make a good point Sandie. Wyness and Round really wanted Bruce and yet the players they have had scouted and bought for him haven't been players who can play Brucie football. Maybe Jedinak and Whelan fit his template, but even Terry is a footballing centre half who prefers to play out of defence on the ground.

We still do not have a really up to date footballing brain co-ordinating decision making.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:12 pm

Someone on Twitter made an interesting point about the disconnect between the manager's long standing approach and the players that were signed. Bruce loves his battlers but recognised that at AVFC had higher expectations than that so he pursued a more talented group were selected but they now ultimately cannot work with his methods. That assumes he chose the players, obviously.

We went out and signed a number of players who had been leaders elsewhere to sort out our rotten mentality. We also signed a number of the league's most effective assisters to supply the forwards we had (remember that RDM's unbalanced transfer business left us with three strikers effective at the level but a midfield that saw Gardner and Westwood as starters). It makes sense on paper but came up short on the pitch. Either Bruce made that miscalculation or the players weren't his choice.

Wagner is an interesting case of what might have been. Genuinely surprised he would have left his project at Huddersfield for us. I was sceptical at the time and whilst I can see that he's a good manager football seems to be littered with managers who excel at "smaller" clubs like Wagner, Dyche, Eddie Howe etc but few that have built a reputation on restoring fallen giants. That's telling. When the time comes I think our next managerial appointment needs to be a punt on someone up and coming. Like Wagner would have been last season arguably.

Alas, I can't help but think in Round and Wyness we have two old fashioned football people calling the shots. And in that scenario I'd expect an unimaginative appointment. David Moyes wouldn't be a tremendous surprise.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:38 pm

I get the impression that neither Wyness or Round are prepared to be cutting edge or experimental as they would probably see it. They both have good jobs which they would like to keep for the foreseeable future. If they were convinced that only a younger dynamic coach/manager would secure their futures then maybe (just maybe) they would be jolted out of their cosy old fashioned footballing world.

The more likely scenario is that they will try to replace Bruce with a Moyes/Allardyce/Warnock type of manager.

I think you and I agree on that Sandie.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:40 am

Is the biggest problem the type of manager Bruce is or is it the approach he's taken and the decisions he has made?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:17 pm

Sandie wrote:Is the biggest problem the type of manager Bruce is or is it the approach he's taken and the decisions he has made?
I would have to say that it's all three.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:07 pm

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:03 pm

I hope that the big dream doesn't stop Wyness and Round focussing on the only thing that matters now.
The football!
I noticed Bruce got his usual glowing description as a good guy, but he was only pinned on the end of the interview almost as an after thought.
We've closed part of our existing capacity. Why? Because we got relegated playing crap football. We're near the bottom of the Championship. Why? Because we're still playing crap football!
Message to Wyness and Round .... Get your priorities right!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next