www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aston Villa V Brighton: Sunday at Noon

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What will happen against the Seagulls?

Aston Villa V Brighton: Sunday at Noon I_vote_lcap0%Aston Villa V Brighton: Sunday at Noon Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
Aston Villa V Brighton: Sunday at Noon I_vote_lcap100%Aston Villa V Brighton: Sunday at Noon Empty 100% 
[ 1 ]
Aston Villa V Brighton: Sunday at Noon I_vote_lcap0%Aston Villa V Brighton: Sunday at Noon Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 1

Aston Villa V Brighton: Sunday at Noon Empty Aston Villa V Brighton: Sunday at Noon

Post by Sandie Wed May 03, 2017 11:18 pm

Anybody holding out much hope of us putting on a performance and getting a result in this one?

I shall be there hoping to continue my 100% record at Villa Park this season.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa V Brighton: Sunday at Noon Empty Re: Aston Villa V Brighton: Sunday at Noon

Post by villabromsgrove Thu May 04, 2017 12:32 pm

I'm going for a battling draw. Brighton are a better team than us, but the players and management have a big apology to make to Villa fans on Sunday. Anything less than 100% effort and commitment will be unacceptable. Bruce has to realise that this last performance of the season will be a millstone around his neck if he gets it wrong.

We will have a summer to reflect on our regular abject failure to perform, so we have to try for an upbeat finish.

I would love to see a positive team attitude with Hogan scoring.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa V Brighton: Sunday at Noon Empty Re: Aston Villa V Brighton: Sunday at Noon

Post by Sandie Thu May 04, 2017 4:31 pm

I agree that it's important to end this season on the right note, I feel there is a building pessimism within the support. I don't think I've seen us play well this season, when was the last time we got a genuinely surprising (for the right rather than wrong reasons) result or put a team to the sword? I can't think of one such occassion in all of this dismal season. One good half against this weekend's opponents and that's it.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu May 04, 2017 5:14 pm

I remember us playing well for 45 minutes against Brighton away, and I seem to remember one other match where we had a good half. Apart from that we've occasionally looked threatening for twenty minutes here and there. That's pretty woeful when we've been playing some very average teams.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu May 04, 2017 6:30 pm

Maybe when we played Newcastle early in the season under RDM?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri May 05, 2017 11:16 am

Sandie wrote:Maybe when we played Newcastle early in the season under RDM?
I'd forgotten Villa under RDM. Aston Villa V Brighton: Sunday at Noon 3640643743
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Fri May 05, 2017 6:44 pm

Hutton and Gabby out as well as Kodjia and Jedinak.

Really doubt we'll be seeing two up front then, with Gabby and RHM being injured.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat May 06, 2017 10:03 am

I hope they put on a good display for you Sandie. You're travelling far enough! Aston Villa V Brighton: Sunday at Noon 205019816
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat May 06, 2017 11:20 am

I hope so too! I've not had a good start, first train is cancelled.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat May 06, 2017 12:10 pm

Sandie wrote:I hope so too! I've not had a good start, first train is cancelled.
Steve Bruce has heard about the cancellation and he's putting on a Brucie special train for you Sandie .... All the passengers will have to cram into the rear carriage just in front of the guard, and there will be no service during the journey, and no communication with the driver up front on his own!
Aston Villa V Brighton: Sunday at Noon 3640643743
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun May 07, 2017 12:47 pm

Bree and Amavi back in the starting eleven.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun May 07, 2017 12:55 pm

Hogan injured and subbed. Keinan Davis is on.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun May 07, 2017 12:59 pm

0-0 half time. Davis is a tall lad so Bruce will be able to get us to hoof it forward more in the second half .... am I getting too cynical? Very Happy
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun May 07, 2017 2:05 pm

I've had visitors, so missed much of the first and all of the second half. Baker gave away a penalty and got sent off, Grealish equalised with a good strike with a couple of minutes left.

Newcastle fans love us now. Aston Villa V Brighton: Sunday at Noon 3640643743
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun May 07, 2017 8:24 pm

Probably one of the best performances of our season... But still with players not anticipating what the ball is going to do, going backwards when there's options going forward and all the usual failings. That said, on another day, we could have got two or three more goals with more clinical finishing.

I think Keinan Davis might prove to be a player.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next