www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aston Villa Vs Brentford. Saturday September 9th 3pm.

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Aston Villa Vs Brentford. Saturday September 9th 3pm. Empty Aston Villa Vs Brentford. Saturday September 9th 3pm.

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:10 pm

Two weeks off and we play a depleted Brentford side. Arry down the road has done his best to help us by buying three of Brentford's best players. Am I confident .... erm, well, not particularly. We have attacking riches in abundance, and wisdom beyond the Championship .... but do we have a team? Answers to this thread please!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa Vs Brentford. Saturday September 9th 3pm. Empty Re: Aston Villa Vs Brentford. Saturday September 9th 3pm.

Post by Jim Villan Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:41 am

The pressure is on Steve Bruce and this team to deliver. Despite Bruce's continued attempts to convince everybody that he has had no money to spend due to the financial constraints of FFP, there is no escaping the fact that Villa easily have the most expensively assembled squad in the Championship. As Dr T tweeted after the Bristol match, September will be crucial for Villa. No more excuses for Bruce, no more tinkering with formations, no more FFP excuses. Time to get the Villa winning games like they should be, in this division.
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa Vs Brentford. Saturday September 9th 3pm. Empty Re: Aston Villa Vs Brentford. Saturday September 9th 3pm.

Post by Sandie Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:07 pm

In January we signed their best player. They still promptly put three past us in the very next game.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:28 am

Seriously though if Brentford can get up for the game against Villa and beat us, it will speak volumes about the respective management. Look at our squad, look at their's .... it should be a foregone conclusion, but as long suffering Villa fans we know better than to think that.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:25 pm

I'm excited for this game as I see it as a very good opportunity for Villa to get a convincing victory which could Kick start our season and get the squad believing how good they are. Hopefully Bruce sends the players out to get at Brentford this isn't a match in which we need to take a cagey approach for me.
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:09 pm

Think Snodgrass might make a difference in that regard. Assume that Elmo will drop back to right back.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:53 am

I hope we take the game to them. I want to see an attacking midfield linking up with the strikers at all times. No excuses, we have the players to do this.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:30 pm

Jedinak is fit again, Kodjia should be back for Boro. You'd hope them plus Snodgrass should get us looking upwards.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:31 pm

It has to be three points today.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:10 pm

Bree in for Samba the only change today.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:12 pm

The change I genuinely want to see today is attack replacing defence. We can surely out score Brentford! Aston Villa Vs Brentford. Saturday September 9th 3pm. 205019816
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:36 pm

The bench looks very strong today. Bree coming in is a good positive change. The players will be fighting to stay in the team there is genuine competition for places. Good to see!!
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:42 pm

Is Adomah injured? I haven't heard of an injury and would like to think that he still has a role to play in SB's plans. He doesn't feature at all today.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:53 pm

I Really rate Adomah, however there is bound to be injuries suspensions and loss of form to players preferred currently so he should get another chance.
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:59 pm

HT- We need to take this game by the scruff of the neck and get on the front foot immediately in second half. I would bring Hogan and Snodgrass on for whelan and Elmo. Then if we haven't scored at 60 bring on Lansbury and push Onomah on left in place of green.If we want to get promoted we have to start taking control of matches and positive substitutions can help do that.
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next