www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dr. Tony Xia.

+7
Ivan Kraschinsky
Mr Natterjack
Jim Villan
South London Villan
Villa1345
lukevilla
GadgetMan
11 posters

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next

Go down

Dr. Tony Xia. - Page 6 Empty Re: Dr. Tony Xia.

Post by villabromsgrove Sun May 22, 2016 12:47 pm

Villa1345 wrote:There is an article from the Daily Mail saying that he has plans to build a museum and theme park in Aston! Also, he says the villa takeover is nothing compared to a $3.5bn takeover of a US Logistics firm.

He also says that he has £480m from the sale of TEAMAX that is available to possibly spend on villa. UTV
Dr. Tony is being really positive, and he seems to have taken the media reaction very well. His response has been positive and reassuring, and we need to wait and see what he has in mind. All will start to become clear when he announces the management team.

I'm not sure about the theme park idea, but it's different so I'll give TX points for an "off the wall" idea! Very Happy

Welcome to CABA Villa 1345, I hope that you'll stay with us and join in the discussions. Good to have you on board. Dr. Tony Xia. - Page 6 4288271622
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla Sun May 22, 2016 1:19 pm

some villa fans wanting him to prove hes got the money and when he does they say a millionaire wouldn't do that!

god help me he cant win can he. why cant some people just be a little bit positive, nothing wrong with having a few doubts but dont get why be 100% negative all the time. Dr. Tony Xia. - Page 6 205019816

lukevilla
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun May 22, 2016 1:29 pm

Hopefully, with a few more details emerging (such as the ones mentioned by villa1345) and press that's a bit more positive the tide might turn after a difficult start. As it was, there wasn't much evidence he is going to be a good or bad owner.

I guess people are a bit reluctant to believe after Lerner. His arrival was greeted by a far greater degree of excitement and we know how that ended up. But in Lerner's case, most people really weren't aware of the problems until about five years in so it's daft to jump to conclusions within five days of a takeover being announced.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun May 22, 2016 1:31 pm

I'm not immune from worry. I really hope that Tony Xia is the real deal, and the more we find out about him the better as far as I'm concerned. He hasn't done anything so far that concerns me, and his recent communications have been very encouraging. The only worrying moments so far were generated by "mistakes" on our own AVFC Official Site.

You're spot on though Luke when you say that the same people on other sites are calling out for "proof" and when it's forthcoming they then say he has to be fake because "a rich man wouldn't stoop to showing proof of funds".

I browse most of the other sites regularly and there are some good posts, but the more vitriolic posters often spoil some decent discussions.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun May 22, 2016 1:40 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:You're spot on though Luke when you say that the same people on other sites are calling out for "proof" and when it's forthcoming they then say he has to be fake because "a rich man wouldn't stoop to showing proof of funds".

It's a bit like how some people always demanded better communication from Lerner. Once he said something they'd inevitably change tact to 'well don't tell us, show us!'. That's not to mention how the marketing and communication people probably preferred Lerner would say nothing as most of his statements tended to be prolix nonsense that annoyed rather than placated people.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun May 22, 2016 2:29 pm

lukevilla wrote:some villa fans wanting him to prove hes got the money and when he does they say a millionaire wouldn't do that!

god help me he cant win can he. why cant some people just be a little bit positive, nothing wrong with having a few doubts but dont get why be 100% negative all the time.  Dr. Tony Xia. - Page 6 205019816

Well said Luke Dr. Tony Xia. - Page 6 4288271622
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun May 22, 2016 2:37 pm

Villa1345 wrote:There is an article from the Daily Mail saying that he has plans to build a museum and theme park in Aston! Also, he says the villa takeover is nothing compared to a $3.5bn takeover of a US Logistics firm.

He also says that he has £480m from the sale of TEAMAX that is available to possibly spend on villa. UTV

Cheers for sharing Villa1345 and Welcome to CABA, good to have you. Do you think he meant a football themed theme park or a Alton Towers type affair? I'm thinking, A Guzan ride where you fall through his big hands into a massive net Very Happy He could have a nod to the past with a ride called 'Freefall' and then one to the future called 'The Revival' Dr. Tony Xia. - Page 6 3640643743 Probably not what he had in mind hehe!! Making the match day more fun (beyond just the match itself) could be a fun idea for the families, anything that get's more people to VP and further income is a good thing imo!! I also liked how he was looking into the science behind football and stats like fatigue/physical conditioning affecting performance and how we were a bit behind other clubs he'd looked at. I see an opportunity for wearable technology improvements here. Imagine something woven into the kit that could monitor distance covered, physical conditioning, fatigue etc all in real time, could be really useful for the manager and coaching staff.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa1345 Sun May 22, 2016 2:43 pm

GadgetMan wrote:

Cheers for sharing Villa1345 and Welcome to CABA, good to have you. Do you think he meant a football themed theme park or a Alton Towers type affair? I'm thinking, A Guzan ride where you fall through his big hands into a massive net Very Happy He could have a nod to the past with a ride called 'Freefall' and then one to the future called  'The Revival' Dr. Tony Xia. - Page 6 3640643743 Probably not what he had in mind hehe!! Making the match day more fun (beyond just the match itself) could be a fun idea for the families, anything that get's more people to VP and further income is a good thing imo!! I also liked how he was looking into the science behind football and stats like fatigue/physical conditioning affecting performance and how we were a bit behind other clubs he'd looked at. I see an opportunity for wearable technology improvements here. Imagine something woven into the kit that could monitor distance covered, physical conditioning, fatigue etc all in real time, could be really useful for the manager and coaching staff.

Yeah i read somewhere that he would use those stats for financial benefits for the players.

And another ride -The Westwood - basically a tea cup ride that gently goes sideways and backwards

UTV

Villa1345
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan Sun May 22, 2016 2:54 pm

I am feeling really hopeful that Tony Xia is the real deal and that we have genuine reason for excitement. I like the fact as others have mentioned, that his reaction has been positive towards the initial adverse, questioning reaction of the british media. his determination and unwavering confidence, focus and ambition is apparent. These are all qualities that will serve him well in his journey of owning a high profile English football club.

Last edited by Jim Villan on Sun May 22, 2016 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : J)
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun May 22, 2016 5:40 pm

Villa1345 wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:

Cheers for sharing Villa1345 and Welcome to CABA, good to have you. Do you think he meant a football themed theme park or a Alton Towers type affair? I'm thinking, A Guzan ride where you fall through his big hands into a massive net Very Happy He could have a nod to the past with a ride called 'Freefall' and then one to the future called  'The Revival' Dr. Tony Xia. - Page 6 3640643743 Probably not what he had in mind hehe!! Making the match day more fun (beyond just the match itself) could be a fun idea for the families, anything that get's more people to VP and further income is a good thing imo!! I also liked how he was looking into the science behind football and stats like fatigue/physical conditioning affecting performance and how we were a bit behind other clubs he'd looked at. I see an opportunity for wearable technology improvements here. Imagine something woven into the kit that could monitor distance covered, physical conditioning, fatigue etc all in real time, could be really useful for the manager and coaching staff.

Yeah i read somewhere that he would use those stats for financial benefits for the players.

And another ride -The Westwood - basically a tea cup ride that gently goes sideways and backwards

UTV

lol! Dr. Tony Xia. - Page 6 3640643743
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun May 22, 2016 5:46 pm

Jim Villan wrote:I am feeling really hopeful that Tony Xia is the real deal and that we have genuine reason for excitement. I like the fact as others have mentioned, that his reaction has been positive towards the initial adverse, questioning reaction of the british media.  his determination and unwavering confidence, focus and ambition is apparent. These are all qualities that will serve him well in his journey of owning a high profile English football club.

I share your optimism JV Dr. Tony Xia. - Page 6 4288271622 I admire that he's gone out of his way to try and allay some fears. Others see it as 'dodgy' that he has, ironically those that think that are also the ones saying "there's no info on the guy anywhere" He speaks out and shows a cheque, which is a little degrading for him to have to do in truth (would he of done it if he was a Westerner? would he of been expected too?) yet now he's "Desperate and dodgy" as it isn't something that should be done by someone genuine?? WTF kind of logic is that?! I despair at SOME of our fans at times I really do. Never happy.

Be cautious for sure, but don't be bloody rude and hysterical about it all. I hope all nerves are settled in the coming weeks. I suspect some will never be happy and it's probably that way with many things and not just Villa or Dr Xia UTV
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla Sun May 22, 2016 11:30 pm

anyone got a link to his social media account? couldnt find it.

lukevilla
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon May 23, 2016 12:04 pm

lukevilla wrote:anyone got a link to his social media account? couldnt find it.

It's a Weibo account (Chinese Twitter) and you have to sign up. You won't be able too due to strict Geo location on the site. Possibly with a VPN, but otherwise doubtful mate.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon May 23, 2016 12:41 pm

There's been a lot of negative Dr. T discussion on various Villa forums this morning. An out of date Telegraph article seems to have been the catalyst, but it demonstrates that we've become an 'instant society". Patience has been replaced by 'we want it NOW, NOW, NOW'.

The problem with social media is that a few motivated individuals can totally skew public opinion by constantly repeating their own often poorly researched views loudly.

It can make for unpleasant reading sometimes.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon May 23, 2016 1:43 pm

It's Lerner's legacy. We spent a hell of a lot of time waiting for jam tomorrow on his watch. It will all come out in the wash but getting your panties in a twist over a report about somebody who might be involved (according to The Sun and we all know what 'The Truth' is to them) is a waste of energy.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum