www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Southampton V Aston Villa (League Cup 4th Round) : Wednesday 28th October at 7:45PM

+2
South London Villan
Sandie
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What will happen on Wednesday?

Southampton V Aston Villa (League Cup 4th Round) : Wednesday 28th October at 7:45PM - Page 2 I_vote_lcap40%Southampton V Aston Villa (League Cup 4th Round) : Wednesday 28th October at 7:45PM - Page 2 Empty 40% 
[ 2 ]
Southampton V Aston Villa (League Cup 4th Round) : Wednesday 28th October at 7:45PM - Page 2 I_vote_lcap40%Southampton V Aston Villa (League Cup 4th Round) : Wednesday 28th October at 7:45PM - Page 2 Empty 40% 
[ 2 ]
Southampton V Aston Villa (League Cup 4th Round) : Wednesday 28th October at 7:45PM - Page 2 I_vote_lcap20%Southampton V Aston Villa (League Cup 4th Round) : Wednesday 28th October at 7:45PM - Page 2 Empty 20% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

Southampton V Aston Villa (League Cup 4th Round) : Wednesday 28th October at 7:45PM - Page 2 Empty Re: Southampton V Aston Villa (League Cup 4th Round) : Wednesday 28th October at 7:45PM

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:31 pm

Five full backs in one team?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Southampton V Aston Villa (League Cup 4th Round) : Wednesday 28th October at 7:45PM - Page 2 Empty Re: Southampton V Aston Villa (League Cup 4th Round) : Wednesday 28th October at 7:45PM

Post by Sandie Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:43 pm

Not been able to follow this but told we looked better in the first half than at any point under sherwood.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:55 pm

Going by bbc text commentary we appear to have had more shots on target and posession.
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:58 pm

Spoke too soon, yet again posession stats mean jack sxxt, being punished for not taking our chances
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:58 pm

Still can't defend though!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:06 pm

Shot from outside the box, Yoshida scores his Guestede's gets saved.
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:13 pm

Grealish and Ayew on, still more shots , 11 with 6 on target for us, 4 with 1 on target for Saints, 1 that matters.
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:20 pm

Outclassed by quality again chaps
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:21 pm

Game over at 2-0. Oh well. What we need to do now is consolidate. Don't concede more and ruin our confidence further and then tomorrow go and get Garde and his merry men to get us out of the shit.

We've been far from good, However still looked more solid and with a purpose than under Sherwood. So imagine what a real manager and coaching team (with proper tactics and coaching methods) can do. Can't happen soon enough. Hopefully this will just accelerate the need for our new man asap.

IF Garde can't come, go and get DeBoer or Rodgers!! Pronto!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:36 pm

On a positive, very attacking, lots of shots and over half on target, won lots of corners.
Difficult to assess from bbc text commentary but I think we committed too many fouls.
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:40 pm

I should comment on our penalty, but I can't raise any interest. A big Lerner out banner evidently, but it wont have any effect.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:06 pm

GadgetMan wrote:Game over at 2-0. Oh well. What we need to do now is consolidate. Don't concede more and ruin our confidence further and then tomorrow go and get Garde and his merry men to get us out of the shit.

We've been far from good, However still looked more solid and with a purpose than under Sherwood. So imagine what a real manager and coaching team (with proper tactics and coaching methods) can do. Can't happen soon enough. Hopefully this will just accelerate the need for our new man asap.

GM you did the same as me, switched off and missed the pen.
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:10 pm

GadgetMan wrote: So imagine what a real manager and coaching team (with proper tactics and coaching methods) can do. Can't happen soon enough. Hopefully this will just accelerate the need for our new man asap.

Sky reporting that we're giving MacDonald another two games as we wait to hammer out the snags with Garde. Worth waiting for him or going for another coach to speed up the process?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:48 pm

I don't think sky know anything. Post match KMac implied to the Ian Abraham that the next manager will be the guy that's heavily featured in the press. Sounds pretty much done for me. I'll be gobsmacked (although I shouldn't be) if we go to Spurs without a new man. Announcement tomorrow I hope (pure guess)

Here's KMac interview wire WM, speaks really well and really cares for the club. He said he's had one phone call on Sunday and not spoke to anyone else since. Our senior guys really are real shitbags aren't they? I really don't like Fox and his mate Charlie. Give me bad vibes. Horrible bastards I think. Watching thier own backs first and foremost. Little things like that piss me off. Take the guy to one side and soeak to him and ask if needs anything. Not just a quick call.

https://audioboom.com/boos/3746804-listen-kevin-macdonald-on-capital-one-cup-defeat-to-southampton
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:05 pm

GadgetMan wrote:I don't think sky know anything. Post match KMac implied to the Ian Abraham that the next manager will be the guy that's heavily featured in the press. Sounds pretty much done for me. I'll be gobsmacked (although I shouldn't be) if we go to Spurs without a new man. Announcement tomorrow I hope (pure guess)

I hope so too. I had been thinking that we'd go for that quick an appointment up until today. How long does it take to tie up a manager? If his lieutenants are having difficulty getting out of their contracts elsewhere then it's surely a case of yes or no rather than a case of waiting a week and a half?

GadgetMan wrote:Here's KMac interview wire WM, speaks really well and really cares for the club. He said he's had one phone call on Sunday and not spoke to anyone else since. Our senior guys really are real shitbags aren't they? I really don't like Fox and his mate Charlie. Give me bad vibes. Horrible bastards I think. Watching thier own backs first and foremost. Little things like that piss me off. Take the guy to one side and soeak to him and ask if needs anything. Not just a quick call.

https://audioboom.com/boos/3746804-listen-kevin-macdonald-on-capital-one-cup-defeat-to-southampton

I don't think much of them either, know a couple of people who have met the pair of them (maybe just Fox now that I think of it?) and the adjective that seemed to come up was 'slimy'. At the end of the day KMac is somebody who has given our club 15 maybe even 20 years in two spells and has stepped in as an interim manager a couple of times and is somebody who should be treated with respect rather than taken for granted. He and Sid have also brought through many good youngsters for us (no coincidence for me that the setup went a bit off the boil when KMac left and Sid started to get shuffled round various coaching positions).
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum