www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steve Clarke and Villa's new coaching team.

4 posters

Go down

Steve Clarke and Villa's new coaching team. Empty Steve Clarke and Villa's new coaching team.

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:10 pm

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-steve-clarke-perfect-11424243?

A good article about Steve Clark's strengths.

I thought I'd start a seperate thread for this all important part of our football management team. I hope the info about Clarke becoming RDM's number two is correct. Also which other coaches do we think will join them? We need an assistant first team coach, a goal keeping coach and a fitness coach. We heard about the "Sheik of Muscles" yesterday, but RDM has also worked with Eddie Newton and Adi Mafe before.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Steve Clarke and Villa's new coaching team. Empty Re: Steve Clarke and Villa's new coaching team.

Post by Sandie Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:24 pm

I think the fact that Clarke is involved suggests that Eddie Newton won't be. He has worked with RDM throughout his career (apart from at Schalke) so I hope this isn't our usual problem of getting a manager without his trusted lieutenants. Getting a coach of Clarke's calibre instead should hopefully mitigate against that.

Steve Holland is another coach who worked with RDM that was mentioned in Twitter dispatches. Like Newton he is still with Chelsea but maybe one or both of those guys might move on if Conte doesn't want them?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Steve Clarke and Villa's new coaching team. Empty Re: Steve Clarke and Villa's new coaching team.

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:18 pm

Sandie wrote:I think the fact that Clarke is involved suggests that Eddie Newton won't be. He has worked with RDM throughout his career (apart from at Schalke) so I hope this isn't our usual problem of getting a manager without his trusted lieutenants. Getting a coach of Clarke's calibre instead should hopefully mitigate against that.

Steve Holland is another coach who worked with RDM that was mentioned in Twitter dispatches. Like Newton he is still with Chelsea but maybe one or both of those guys might move on if Conte doesn't want them?
All those you mentioned are respected coaches, and normally you'd favour the guys that have worked together, but I just get the feeling that RDM/SC could be the real deal. Newton would make a good addition but I'll be happy if we get the main two.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:06 am

I'll be happier when Clarke is appointed. C'mon Villa.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:02 pm

Kevin Bond is expected to join as First Team coach if you believe the press over the weekend. With him and Clarke, RDM Has some serious experience alongside him in the dugout.

I'm excited by this potential management team and think they'll get us solid at the back for starters. Rumours last night that RDM has been given approval to ship out some of the high earners he doesn't want at the club (hopefully all of them and none of this 'fresh start' nonsense)
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:25 pm

Bond is a really respected coach who's been around the block a few times. Would be happy to see him involved.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:42 pm

I think that this set up is looking strong and full of experience. I was a little disappointed to see Parkes go, he used to look like the only one with passion.

The next test of the new coaching set up us who they keep and who they let go before moving on to new acquisitions
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:30 am

All confirmed now: http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~5627279,00.html

Assistant Manager: Steve Clarke
First Team Coach: Kevin Bond
Goalkeeping Coach: Massimo Battara
Fitness Coach: Massimiliano Marchesi
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:51 pm

Sandie wrote:All confirmed now: http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~5627279,00.html

Assistant Manager: Steve Clarke
First Team Coach: Kevin Bond
Goalkeeping Coach: Massimo Battara
Fitness Coach: Massimiliano Marchesi

I'm very happy with this. The squad needs this totally different management and coaching line up to jerk them out of their collective malaise, and kick start a coordinated team effort for this coming season. Five new faces, and one hell of a lot of experience.

There remains no link (apart from Reilly) with the past in a footballing sense. RDM/SC have a hell of a job to do, but I think Di Matteo's coaching group are up to the task.

Onwards and upwards Villa! Steve Clarke and Villa's new coaching team. 205019816
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down