www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Telegraph investigation

4 posters

Go down

The Telegraph investigation Empty The Telegraph investigation

Post by Chris Harte Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:48 pm

So The Telegraph newspaper has done an investigation, a sting, some would call it entrapment. But call it what you like, it has already resulted in the removal of Sam Allardyce from his "dream job" of England manager after a single fixture, and there's the claim of damning proof against another eight people.

Who do we think these eight are?

Southampton have tonight issued a brief statement about our old favourite(!) Eric Black, while Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink has had a mention and there are rumours that Nigel Pearson has been suspended/sacked over this and not for the reported major bust-up with the Derby County owner.

Now I hope this investigation shows up a whole ruck of people in the game. I hope it embarrases many and makes many unemployable in the game. But what do you think?

Chris Harte
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

The Telegraph investigation Empty Re: The Telegraph investigation

Post by South London Villan Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:48 pm

Pardew, Redknapp have to be prime candidates.

Coleman wouldn't surprise me either, nor McCleish
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:06 pm

The phrase massive twat is over used in these profane times but in Eric Black's case it's well deserved.

At first I was shocked by how stupid and greedy Fat Sam was. He had just got his dream job and he gets caught out like that? But as the revelations have kept coming it has become apparent that this kind of greed and corruption just isn't that unusual. So many mananagers and coaches (particularly the old fashioned English ones) have been implicated with more to come.

Still, it's cheered Jores Okore up.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:13 am

It might have been what gave Charles N Zogbia his heart murmur
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:14 am

Also may explain why Gabby hasn't moved on, without a bung no manager will touch him
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:37 am

When a member of the FA approves of the Telegraph's methods, then it gives pause for thought. Is corruption still endemic in football? My first reaction was that the Telegraph had behaved badly in an underhand manner which was tantamount to entrapment.

The number of people who now seem to be caught up in this begs another question. How can these managers be so stupid and gullible?

There in lies the clue. These guys that were caught out by the Telegraph obviously saw these meetings as nothing out of the usual and were used to responding to these kind of approaches, otherwise warning bells would have gone off and they would have had nothing to do with any such offers or inducements.

With the FA acknowledging that they believe there is a big problem, and at the same time acknowledging that the police are too busy to investigate, it would seem that corruption can be practised with impunity, and greed apparently trumps morality and common sense.

Has the lid been removed from a can of worms? I will watch for any further revelations with interest.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:29 pm

I don't think Big Sam will be the last big name to be implicated here.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:43 pm

If you look at the list of names doing the rounds there is a lot of old school names on there.

I suspect many of them have been naiive, poorly advised but under the impression that is business as usual.

I also suspect much of it is ego and a sense of self importance.

Behind it all though is possibly a move by the FA to establish itself amongst world footballing bodies as the cleanest board in the game, thus extending its influence.

It is also highly likely that most of the football world, incestuous as it is, were well aware of what has been going on and the journalist has been guided by others.

It may be why the great Villa fan, President of the FA, HRH was not overly concerned at being seen with Big Fat Sam.
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum