www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AVFC Players senior through to U21s and beyond

+6
South London Villan
avfcff1982
Sandie
GadgetMan
villabromsgrove
Kimbo
10 posters

Page 2 of 67 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down

AVFC Players senior through to U21s and beyond - Page 2 Empty Re: AVFC Players senior through to U21s and beyond

Post by Sandie Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:49 pm

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

AVFC Players senior through to U21s and beyond - Page 2 Empty Re: AVFC Players senior through to U21s and beyond

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:08 pm

Nice one Amavi!

On another subject, I've just read an interesting stat table on the net spend per team in the PL over the past five years. There are thirteen teams which have been in the Premier League consecutively for the past five seasons and Villa has the second to bottom net spend with a total of just over fifteen million pounds, an average of three million pounds per season!  it's a ranking table produced by TalkSport, so I'm not going to vouch for it's accuracy, but if it's true it's a fairly damning statistic.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:16 pm

That is a nice touch by Amavi. I know Nzogbia, quite rightly gets a lot of stick, however he was tweeted a link to some guy raising some money for charity and asked in a rather bullish, sarky way to donate (Given you can afford personal jets, maybe you'll give to this, or words very similar) Well he did, something like £125 fair play to him for that. He's a difficult lad to work out. On the pitch he's sulky, doesn't really interact with fans after the whistle, but on twitter he seems like a nice bloke and often replies to fans (many don't)

As for the Stats VB, can you copy and paste the link so we can take a look? Not at all surprising though.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:23 pm

GadgetMan wrote:That is a nice touch by Amavi. I know Nzogbia, quite rightly gets a lot of stick, however he was tweeted a link to some guy raising some money for charity and asked in a rather bullish, sarky way to donate (Given you can afford personal jets, maybe you'll give to this, or words very similar) Well he did, something like £125 fair play to him for that. He's a difficult lad to work out. On the pitch he's sulky, doesn't really interact with fans after the whistle, but on twitter he seems like a nice bloke and often replies to fans (many don't)

As for the Stats VB, can you copy and paste the link so we can take a look? Not at all surprising though.
http://talksport.com/football/premier-league-clubs-ranked-net-spend-last-five-summer-transfer-windows-150903165355?

I prefer the descriptive written word GM, it's far more subtle, but as you've asked me nicely I'll give you a link .... just this once mind. Very Happy

PS: You thought I'd forgotten how didn't you? (I thought so to) AVFC Players senior through to U21s and beyond - Page 2 3640643743
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:43 pm

GadgetMan wrote:That is a nice touch by Amavi. I know Nzogbia, quite rightly gets a lot of stick, however he was tweeted a link to some guy raising some money for charity and asked in a rather bullish, sarky way to donate (Given you can afford personal jets, maybe you'll give to this, or words very similar) Well he did, something like £125 fair play to him for that. He's a difficult lad to work out. On the pitch he's sulky, doesn't really interact with fans after the whistle, but on twitter he seems like a nice bloke and often replies to fans (many don't)

Some guy on Facebook had his arse properly in his hands the other day as N'Zogbia had the temerity to reply to him when he tweeted him stick about how much money the club had 'wasted' on him. I think N'Zogbia is a complicated character like a few other footballers around these days. Nothing against him, just wish another club would take him off our hands. I think he wants that too, TBH.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:01 pm

Sandie wrote:

Some guy on Facebook had his arse properly in his hands the other day as N'Zogbia had the temerity to reply to him when he tweeted him stick about how much money the club had 'wasted' on him. I think N'Zogbia is a complicated character like a few other footballers around these days. Nothing against him, just wish another club would take him off our hands. I think he wants that too, TBH.
It's an unsolvable equation : 65,000 pounds per week divided by a lack of ambition multiplied by a relatively short career = A total inability to move before the end of his contract. I suspect we would do the same if we were in N'Zogbia's fortunate financial position. His earning potential will nose dive when he finally leaves us.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:03 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:

http://talksport.com/football/premier-league-clubs-ranked-net-spend-last-five-summer-transfer-windows-150903165355?

I prefer the descriptive written word GM, it's far more subtle, but as you've asked me nicely I'll give you a link .... just this once mind. Very Happy

PS: You thought I'd forgotten how didn't you? (I thought so to) AVFC Players senior through to U21s and beyond - Page 2 3640643743

I was interested in if you'd remembered haha!! AVFC Players senior through to U21s and beyond - Page 2 3640643743 Cheers VB!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:07 pm

Sandie wrote:

Yep, exactly as I see it too. He just hasn't worked out with us. He reminds me of Anelka (character wise) Has/had all talent in the world, just seems to have lost his appetite for the game. Maybe he'll be gone in Jan? I've just read Adebayor isn't in Spurs 25 man EPL squad, so he won't be playing anytime soon, unless he lowers his demands and becomes a free agent. Not sure I want him now though and I was all for him before....plus he cost me a tenner AVFC Players senior through to U21s and beyond - Page 2 3679068969 AVFC Players senior through to U21s and beyond - Page 2 2182316234
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:37 pm

I was thinking about that, surely there's a good chance Spurs are going to pay him off before long and tear up his contract. What will he do then? He might have to go round quite a few clubs before god gives him a sign.

Can't help but think that's a ruse to allow him to stay at Spurs and try to screw as much money as possible out of them.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:45 pm

Sandie wrote:I was thinking about that, surely there's a good chance Spurs are going to pay him off before long and tear up his contract. What will he do then? He might have to go round quite a few clubs before god gives him a sign.

Can't help but think that's a ruse to allow him to stay at Spurs and try to screw as much money as possible out of them.

I read they've offered to tear up his contract and release him as a free agent to secure another club (yes that suits Spurs as they get out of paying 100k for the next year) so I can see why he's saying no. A contract is a contract, if I wanted to go and you wanted me, I'd have to pay out my contract, so works both ways. However you read on and they've offered to pay hm until he finds another club and then make up any short fall in his salary for the remaining year, so wherever he goes he will stick earn 100k for a year. It's at this point you realise he's a bit of an arse. I was told for sure he wanted to come to us and word is TS thought that was the case too (once he resolved the issues with Spurs and his cash) it now appears he just wants to sit on his backside it as you say get as much money as possible. He wants his years salary AND to then go and find another club the greedy git.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:01 pm

What incentive is there for players like N'Zogbia and Adebayor to find another club? It's not as if they can get signed by top clubs after their collective failures of the last few seasons even if they play out of their skins. Neither player will get international call ups, in Adebayor's case quite rightly because he doesn't want to risk travelling around Africa, and N'Zogbia because he just isn't good enough.

The obscene wages paid to these guys bear no relation to their current status in the game, so why would they want to give it up until they come to the end of their contracts?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:31 pm

I think they could probably find a place in the well paid retirement leagues that suit that type of player. Places like the Middle East and China are paying big wages for a standard that is not too arduous. Maybe they want players who are more well known than those two, though.

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:29 pm

Sandie wrote:I think they could probably find a place in the well paid retirement leagues that suit that type of player. Places like the Middle East and China are paying big wages for a standard that is not too arduous. Maybe they want players who are more well known than those two, though.

150k a week between them to do basically nothing each day. Shocking!! Makes me horrified when I stop and think how much footballers are paid.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:44 pm

But it is not their fault they are paid that money. At some point an agent and and a Director of Football felt they were worth it.
Whilst I find it unpalatable that anyone would be willing to waste the opportunity of being a professional footballer, the money players command and football agents in general are immoral, at its base level it is good work if you can get it.
They turn up for training midway through the morning and kick a ball around with the lads, have a bite to eat in the subsidised canteen that is cooked by top chefs, get a pedicure and a massage, head home mid way through the afternoon to see the glamorous wag, repeat for 4 days and every other weekend turn up to watch a top class game in the corporate section and collect a middle manager's annual salary each week for the pleasure.
Morally wrong but if you could get away with it at a club, in a city or country you have no connection or affinity with you would, wouldn't you.
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:28 pm

South London Villan wrote:But it is not their fault they are paid that money. At some point an agent and and a Director of Football felt they were worth it.
Whilst I find it unpalatable that anyone would be willing to waste the opportunity of being a professional footballer, the money players command and football agents in general are immoral, at its base level it is good work if you can get it.
They turn up for training midway through the morning and kick a ball around with the lads, have a bite to eat in the subsidised canteen that is cooked by top chefs, get a pedicure and a massage, head home mid way through the afternoon to see the glamorous wag, repeat for 4 days and every other weekend turn up to watch a top class game in the corporate section and collect a middle manager's annual salary each week for the pleasure.
Morally wrong but if you could get away with it at a club, in a city or country you have no connection or affinity with you would, wouldn't you.
Very well said, and sadly very true.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 67 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next