www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AVFC Players senior through to U21s and beyond

+6
South London Villan
avfcff1982
Sandie
GadgetMan
villabromsgrove
Kimbo
10 posters

Page 35 of 67 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down

AVFC Players senior through to U21s and beyond - Page 35 Empty Re: AVFC Players senior through to U21s and beyond

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:27 pm

Players like Gardner, Baker and some of the other lads who came through the Academy would bust a gut to play for Villa. We need to think about having a full team of "attitude' players next season.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

AVFC Players senior through to U21s and beyond - Page 35 Empty Re: AVFC Players senior through to U21s and beyond

Post by Sandie Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:00 pm

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-first-team-squad-11190145#ICID=FB-Birm-avfc

Black seems to struggle to see to the end of his nose. It already seems to be anarchy and the players already seem to be demotivated and not performing. I'm not sure they can get any worse.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:39 pm

Sandie wrote:http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-first-team-squad-11190145#ICID=FB-Birm-avfc

Black seems to struggle to see to the end of his nose. It already seems to be anarchy and the players already seem to be demotivated and not performing. I'm not sure they can get any worse.
What a strange interview to give.

Why will it lead to anarchy? What the hell is going on at BMH that leads to our caretaker manager fearing a total loss of player control?

This bizarre description of our current situation by the man in temporary charge of the Villa team, needs to be investigated by Bernstein and co immediately.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:07 pm

There's also some suggestion that players might refuse to play. If that includes Bacuna, Lescott and Richardson fine by me. Those guys have been playing like they don't want to play for Aston Villa all season.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:08 pm

Sandie wrote:There's also some suggestion that players might refuse to play. If that includes Bacuna, Lescott and Richardson fine by me. Those guys have been playing like they don't want to play for Aston Villa all season.
What a shambles.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:24 pm

It is. My one hope (and belief) is that we've finally hit rock bottom. We'll be back at this level before long. Unlike a number of those players who've leeched off of us.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:43 pm

Sandie wrote:It is. My one hope (and belief) is that we've finally hit rock bottom. We'll be back at this level before long. Unlike a number of those players who've leeched off of us.
This lot are no where near their potential rock bottom. We need wholesale changes before we have a chance of any improvement.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:53 pm

Frankly, I'm assuming wholesale changes are a given. I will be incredibly disappointed if many of the current players cling on. The relationship between the fans and these players (with a few exceptions) has completely broken down and they are entirely to blame for that with their limp performances and poor off-pitch behaviour. They simply have to go. And if the new board don't see that then they are fools to themselves.

Aston Villa needs to be ripped up and started again. New manager and an extensively overhauled playing squad are the bare minimum. This team really needs an all new spine. Of the players that played today I'd only want to keep Clark, Gana and Ayew. Three out of eleven. That's incredibly damning, especially if you think the last two are possibly going to have more attractive offers.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:45 pm

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:28 pm

I think that Lescott has once again demonstrated the huge gulf between mega rich players and fans. I don't suppose Lescott thought for one minute that his comment would be hurtful and damaging. He's cocooned in the rich boys country club that is Body Moor Heath, where something like impending relegation must have put a dampener on the place, and now that's been lifted. They can play with freedom now that there's nothing to play for.

It's a twisted view of the world that comes with a privileged and protected life style.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:34 pm

God nails it:
AVFC Players senior through to U21s and beyond - Page 35 God10
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:56 pm

If the trouble makers and failures move on, we can't start to fix this sorry team. There in lies a major problem, how do you shift players who are tightly gripping their golden contracts?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:15 pm

You can't.

Which will lead to an interesting problem. Will the club, in what will be financially tight times, be prepared to right off these assets? To continue paying them a wage or pay up a contract for nothing in return? Or will the manager be forced to integrate them into his plans?

I'm very worried that it might be the latter. Lescott has already expressed his desire to stay 'to get us back up'.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:30 pm

That's why I think we need a manager like Moyes. The emphasis he puts on physical fitness is daunting to even the fittest and most willing players. His training is geared to almost killing the players in training sessions, so that the 90 minutes of a match seems easy to them.

This could be the key to moving on the lazy troublemakers and the failures. If they are pressured everyday from day one onwards, they may soon be asking their agents to find them a move. If they insist on staying, then they know it's going to hurt!

Moyes is the only available manager that is known as a "grinder". He will slowly apply the pressure to the point where these players either crack or eventually become the physical athletes that they need to be to do a job for us.

Moyes will not turn Villa around quickly, he's actually a notoriously slow starter, but he will do the job if he's given the time and resources, and the job will stay done. He's regime will be "a lot of pain for eventual gain".

Make it happen Villa!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:36 pm

He's still my number 1 choice, though lately I've started to doubt it will come off.

We are the team that has ran the least distance all season. We have the standing joke Flabby Hewillneverscore in our squad. We need someone who will develop a hard working team. Moyes, like you say would do that. I think Pearson would do the same in spite of being an abrasive character.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 67 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next