www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Villa players have you met?

+10
gdav
Obnoxious Lion
avfcff1982
Chris Harte
GadgetMan
Liberty
South London Villan
villabromsgrove
The Bald Eagle
Morddred
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What Villa players have you met? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Villa players have you met?

Post by Joelleen Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:30 pm

I've been incredibly fortunate, due to my other halfs business I've met the majority of the current English crop aswell as he who must not be named. Just bumping into people I met Stan in the food court in selfridges while he was still playing, he was having some food with his family being a plucky teen at the time it was a little rude of me to approach him but I did and he had all the time in the world for me. True gent!

Joelleen
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

What Villa players have you met? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Villa players have you met?

Post by Jamie Gray Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:31 am

I'm very fortunate to have a long & illustrious list of folk I've met inside & outside of the football community. Biggest disappointment was the day I was supposed to meet George Best, but alas the great man cried off the chance never arose again. Also, bizarrely I've never formally met a lot of the Villa team my Dad played with.

Jamie Gray
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:12 pm

Jamie Gray wrote:I'm very fortunate to have a long & illustrious list of folk I've met inside & outside of the football community. Biggest disappointment was the day I was supposed to meet George Best, but alas the great man cried off the chance never arose again. Also, bizarrely I've never formally met a lot of the Villa team my Dad played with.

Ah man, George Best would of been awesome. We know you've met Andy hehe! Very Happy who else?
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:45 pm

Couldn't even begin to name them all mate, it's quite surreal when I think about it. You have to keep in mind I was at Super Sunday with my Dad virtually every week for years, so in the studio & hanging around the tunnel & dressing rooms. I've been drinking with Rod Stewart after Holland v Scotland Euro 96 & played golf with Yorkie & Brian Lara at the Belfry. They were probably the highlights. Meeting Gazza at Ibrox & getting him to sign my Rangers shirt was really cool too. Massive apologies if this comes across as boasting, really not my intention, just having a little reminisce. As I say, all quite surreal really

Jamie Gray
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:52 pm

Jamie Gray wrote:Couldn't even begin to name them all mate, it's quite surreal when I think about it. You have to keep in mind I was at Super Sunday with my Dad virtually every week for years, so in the studio & hanging around the tunnel & dressing rooms. I've been drinking with Rod Stewart after Holland v Scotland Euro 96 & played golf with Yorkie & Brian Lara at the Belfry. They were probably the highlights. Meeting Gazza at Ibrox & getting him to sign my Rangers shirt was really cool too. Massive apologies if this comes across as boasting, really not my intention, just having a little reminisce. As I say, all quite surreal really
It's not boasting Jamie, it's part of your life so good on yer mate. What Villa players have you met? - Page 2 4288271622
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:54 pm

Jamie Gray wrote:Couldn't even begin to name them all mate, it's quite surreal when I think about it. You have to keep in mind I was at Super Sunday with my Dad virtually every week for years, so in the studio & hanging around the tunnel & dressing rooms. I've been drinking with Rod Stewart after Holland v Scotland Euro 96 & played golf with Yorkie & Brian Lara at the Belfry. They were probably the highlights. Meeting Gazza at Ibrox & getting him to sign my Rangers shirt was really cool too. Massive apologies if this comes across as boasting, really not my intention, just having a little reminisce. As I say, all quite surreal really

Awesome and not at all boastful in anyway. I've had the pleasure of spending time with you matey and you're as humble as they come. Don't worry on that count. It's great to hear stories that many won't get to see, hear or do. All fascinating to me What Villa players have you met? - Page 2 4288271622

Now this IS boasting, not a villa player, but I dated Emma Willis of Big Brother fame. I'd like to think it was me that set her on a path of stardom What Villa players have you met? - Page 2 3640643743 We were young, we ran free...........(did anyone get the Blur reference?!) No I'll get my coat ha! Those were the days. I may set up a dating thread as I have some stories to tell haha!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:30 pm

GadgetMan wrote:Now this IS boasting, not a villa player, but I dated Emma Willis of Big Brother fame. I'd like to think it was me that set her on a path of stardom What Villa players have you met? - Page 2 3640643743

Now I AM jealous.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:53 am

Emma Willis is beeeeeeeeeautiful. Why the hell was she dating you??

Jamie Gray
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Lionheart Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:58 pm

I met Dion Dublin on the day he came back from suspension after the nutting of Robbie Savage, lovely bloke with a massive handshake .I also met HDE in the corner flag.
Lionheart
Lionheart
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:46 pm

Jamie Gray wrote:Emma Willis is beeeeeeeeeautiful. Why the hell was she dating you??

Because I'm a cad and have a way with words (or she was 17 and I 19 and she didn't know any better?) I prefer the former haha!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:21 pm

Set up that dating thread GM!

Back in 1966/7 a young lady named Joan chose to spurn the advances of Barry the local lothario, and go on a date with me. Unfortunately her mother decided that I wasn't suitable company for her daughter. Her big brother Harry just happened to be Cliff Richard. No 'congratulations' for me! Happy days as a 'batchelor boy' though. Very Happy
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:25 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Set up that dating thread GM!

Back in 1966/7 a young lady named Joan chose to spurn the advances of Barry the local lothario, and go on a date with me. Unfortunately her mother decided that I wasn't suitable company for her daughter. Her big brother Harry just happened to be Cliff Richard. No 'congratulations' for me! Happy days as a 'batchelor boy' though. Very Happy

Haha! Great story VB! I'll think of a few things to kick off the dating thread over the next day or two. Guess I should be careful what I post. Safer if I stick to distant past haha!!! Shocked
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum