www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brendan Rodgers Sacked

3 posters

Go down

Brendan Rodgers Sacked Empty Brendan Rodgers Sacked

Post by Sandie Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:32 pm

Breaking news: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34423344

Anyone want him to replace Tim?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Brendan Rodgers Sacked Empty Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked

Post by GadgetMan Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:40 pm

Sandie wrote:Breaking news: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34423344

Anyone want him to replace Tim?

Personally no thank you. I know I should probably say yes here, but I just don't like him and never had. A man that was consistently out thought and outsmarted by Paul Lambert (at both Villa and Norwich) isn't for me. I do have an irrational dislike of the man though. I'm not sure what it is?! I think he'd definitely be someone Fox would go after though...
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:44 pm

Sherwood has out-smarted him once too which may just speak volumes.

I don't like him either, to be honest. He's always reminded me of David Brent for some reason. They did that documentary on Liverpool a couple of years ago and the way he was on it was just so chringeworthy.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:47 pm

Sandie wrote:Sherwood has out-smarted him once too which may just speak volumes.

I don't like him either, to be honest. He's always reminded me of David Brent for some reason. They did that documentary on Liverpool a couple of years ago and the way he was on it was just so chringeworthy.

Yeah I think that's what it is. He's smug and cringey. I don't want a Liverpool reject either. I know it's silly as we're worlds apart right now, I'd feel crap about going straight out and getting the man that was deemed a failure for Liverpool. I can see why the board would think he'd be a good choice though, will it alter their thinking I wonder?
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:51 pm

I have to be honest, Rodgers was my first choice when Lambert got the job and I think he could do something with some of the more technical players we have. Whether he needs a rest to recharge his batteries is debatable, and if I'm honest I think that a job abroad might suit him better. I am probably on my own here but it's a yes from me. Brendan Rodgers Sacked 205019816
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:01 pm

GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:54 am

Klopp Liverpool's first choice

Former Borussia Dortmund boss Jurgen Klopp is Liverpool's first choice to replace Brendan Rodgers, who was sacked after Sunday's 1-1 draw at Everton.

The Northern Irishman was dismissed following almost three-and-a-half years in charge, with the Reds in 10th position in the Premier League.

No deal has yet been done with Klopp, 48, who won two German Bundesliga titles with Dortmund.

Ex-Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti is also being considered by Liverpool.

"The search for a new manager is under way and we hope to make an appointment in a decisive and timely manner," said a Liverpool statement announcing the departure of Rodgers.

The Reds are owned by Fenway Sports Group and a joint statement from principal owner John W Henry, chairman Tom Werner and president Mike Gordon said: "We would like to place on record our sincere thanks to Brendan Rodgers for the significant contribution he has made to the club and express our gratitude for his hard work and commitment.

"All of us have experienced some wonderful moments with Brendan as manager and we are confident he will enjoy a long career in the game.

"Ambition and winning are at the heart of what we want to bring to Liverpool and we believe this change gives us the best opportunity to deliver it."

Rodgers said this week that he was "not worried" about the possibility of the sack, despite Liverpool's poor start to the season.

After the draw with Everton, he spoke of a "constant rebuilding" job and highlighted the impact of losing "four real catalysts" of his side - Jamie Carragher, Luis Suarez, Raheem Sterling and Steven Gerrard'

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down