www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aston Villa V Watford: Saturday 28th November at 3PM

5 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What will happen against Watford?

Aston Villa V Watford: Saturday 28th November at 3PM - Page 2 I_vote_lcap50%Aston Villa V Watford: Saturday 28th November at 3PM - Page 2 Empty 50% 
[ 2 ]
Aston Villa V Watford: Saturday 28th November at 3PM - Page 2 I_vote_lcap25%Aston Villa V Watford: Saturday 28th November at 3PM - Page 2 Empty 25% 
[ 1 ]
Aston Villa V Watford: Saturday 28th November at 3PM - Page 2 I_vote_lcap25%Aston Villa V Watford: Saturday 28th November at 3PM - Page 2 Empty 25% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

Aston Villa V Watford: Saturday 28th November at 3PM - Page 2 Empty Re: Aston Villa V Watford: Saturday 28th November at 3PM

Post by Ivan Kraschinsky Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:43 pm

I do like how Garde aranged the fleetwood freindly to assess some of our fringe players.It shows the urgancy Garde feels to properly look at some players. Senderos back in action, traore scoring a few and kozac also looking good. Who knows what this weeks line up will be...Gardner in a midfield three with gaye and vertout or is that just wishful thinking.

Ivan Kraschinsky
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa V Watford: Saturday 28th November at 3PM - Page 2 Empty Re: Aston Villa V Watford: Saturday 28th November at 3PM

Post by GadgetMan Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:27 am

Welcome Ivan, good to have you on board.

I'd defintely welcome Gardner being given a chance, however for me it would be with Sanchez holding and GG alongside Gana, with Veretout missing out (I thought he was woeful v Everton, really poor and looked petrified)

I wouldn't be adverse to Kozak up front alongside Ayew either. I think all round he offers more than I've seen from Gestede.

So I'm going for a win and I would't mind seeing a team like this.

Guzan (just kick the ball straight and no head wobbles)

RB Okore
CB Richards Clarke
LB Hutton (I think he's filled in here before and for me better defensively than Richardson, maybe Crespo or Ilori could do this job?)
Midfield Gardner Sanchez Gana
Att Mid Gil
Forwards Ayew Kozak

This is a 4-3-1-2 with Sanchez sitting and Gil at the tip of a diamond, not much width, but let's look to exploit the middle and have Kozak hold up play and for Gil to feed Ayew. Keep a solid bank of 4 at the back, whatever the selection of the defenders.

Leaving Adama, Grealish, Gestede, Veretout, Bacuna and co to fight it out for the bench.

2-0 Villa Come on you Lions!!
Clear as mud huh?! Very Happy
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:16 pm

I think we'll be outworked by a determined and hungry Watford team. We'll need a lot of luck to get a result. If this match was played in three months time, I think we would perhaps offer more threat. I wish I had your confidence in Villa at this moment in time GM.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:45 pm

I was talking earlier about players who had dropped out of the picture that could come back into things and Gardner certainly is one of those. Have to be honest and say that I've never seen the hype with him. People made him out to be some kind of superstar in the making but when he played for the first team he looked like nothing more than a neat and tidy player. That might not necessarily be a bad thing right now. That run in the first team was a long time ago now (under McLeish wasn't it?) so he might have changed since then. Shame that injuries have kept him out of things for so long really.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Kraschinsky Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:09 pm

Gardner really deserves a go so i was please to hear he got a much needed run out the other night. I really do believe he is a player who's head wil never drop during 90 mins and will die for our cause.
I would also welcome senderos back with open arms..things really are that bad.

Ivan Kraschinsky
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Kraschinsky Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:14 pm

GM, Sanchez,Gana and Gardner sounds good. Garde must have seen from the Everton game how bad Westwood is so i dont expect to see him anywhere near the pitch unless we have numerous injuries before January.

Ivan Kraschinsky
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Kraschinsky Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:28 pm

Can you remember how good our defence started off last year under PL? I remember Senderos marshalling our defence,barking out orders and keeping us organised.I know Ron V got all the credit but Senderos had an on pitch demeanor about him that im sure guys like Ciran Clark have tried to emulate since then.

Ivan Kraschinsky
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:35 pm

I'd not be disappointed if Senderos came back in. I thought he was a poor signing but like you say he was very good for us in the end. He certainly never let us down which Richards aside our other centre half options since have all done at times.

Shame is that because he's not in out 25 man squad I think he can't be brought back in until January. I wonder why was he frozen out?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Kraschinsky Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:44 pm

I hope he is being involved in proper training sessions and is able to help out our younger players until January.Senderos and Garde both know the Arsenal way. In the same way Wenger needed a mouth piece out there amongst the players so might Garde.

Ivan Kraschinsky
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:01 pm

Ivan Kraschinsky wrote:I hope he is being involved in proper training sessions and is able to help out our younger players until January.Senderos and Garde both know the Arsenal way. In the same way Wenger needed a mouth piece out there amongst the players so might Garde.
I totally agree, he's also a native French speaker so his input could be more valuable if we registered him in our 25 players list in January, so that he can play for the first team if required.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:07 pm

We haven't lost to Watford in nearly 30 years.

Before anyone gets too excited, I'm not sure how many times we've played them in that time and the last time we lost to them was the season we went down so I'm not sure it's good news.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:27 pm

Sandie wrote:We haven't lost to Watford in nearly 30 years.

Before anyone gets too excited, I'm not sure how many times we've played them in that time and the last time we lost to them was the season we went down so I'm not sure it's good news.
Remember when we used to be a decent team?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:52 am

Two days to go and my knees are starting to knock!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:35 pm

Aye, this is a massive game. One that is going to tell us a lot.

Injury news: http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-team-news-fit-10505530

Jores Okore has been passed fit for Aston Villa's crunch clash with Watford but the claret and blues will still be without Tiago Ilori and Gary Gardner.

Ilori, the only summer signing not to feature so far this season, is still short of fitness as he continues his recovery from a groin problem.

Gabby Agbonlahor will be assessed tomorrow as he bids to shake off a calf injury but Gardner is still not fully up to speed.

Anybody hoping Gabby is fit and able to play? Twisted Evil
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:38 pm

No. I loved the old Gabby .... the one that terrorised defences with scintillating pace and strength and occasionally hit the target, bless him. Gabby 2015 is self satisfied and too comfortable with his fat salary and twenty minute drive to work.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next