www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aston Villa V Watford: Saturday 28th November at 3PM

5 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

What will happen against Watford?

Aston Villa V Watford: Saturday 28th November at 3PM - Page 4 I_vote_lcap50%Aston Villa V Watford: Saturday 28th November at 3PM - Page 4 Empty 50% 
[ 2 ]
Aston Villa V Watford: Saturday 28th November at 3PM - Page 4 I_vote_lcap25%Aston Villa V Watford: Saturday 28th November at 3PM - Page 4 Empty 25% 
[ 1 ]
Aston Villa V Watford: Saturday 28th November at 3PM - Page 4 I_vote_lcap25%Aston Villa V Watford: Saturday 28th November at 3PM - Page 4 Empty 25% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

Aston Villa V Watford: Saturday 28th November at 3PM - Page 4 Empty Re: Aston Villa V Watford: Saturday 28th November at 3PM

Post by Sandie Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:50 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:If it's true that Paddy Reilly was sent to interview Moyes for the managers job, then it tell us all we need to know. Our club is being run by unqualified idiots. If it's also true that Moyes strong opinions disqualified him, then it shows that the idiots (Fox/Almstadt/Reilly) are determined to retain total control of the asylum.

Spot on. I'm not knocking Garde yet, he's not been around long enough to have much of an effect and I question how much of an impact he'd have with the damage these people have done and their constant need to interfere but it speaks volumes about them and the problems at the club that that's the reason they dismissed him as an option. Garde seems to have been brought in as they think he'll give them an easier ride and they've already seemingly tried to impose a coach on him who he didn't know and he didn't want. It's an absolute joke.

What Garde can be criticised for is a failure to sort out the defence but I think there's only so much he can do with the personnell at his disposal. Quite frankly, it's getting to be clear that a number of our experienced defenders are not fit for purpose and I'm not sure we can field a back four as things stand without at least one of these players. We can drop Richardson but to get rid of him we end up having to move the unconvincing Clark out of position and bring in a well past his best Lescott in. There's not really an easy answer there.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa V Watford: Saturday 28th November at 3PM - Page 4 Empty Re: Aston Villa V Watford: Saturday 28th November at 3PM

Post by Ivan Kraschinsky Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:29 pm

Wow i really struggle to see what we have been working on all week in training but it did take big sam a good month in the Sunderland job to see any changes on the pitch. Im hanging on to the hope that in the next game or two WE WILL see a differance on the pitch. It might just happen all of a sudden like it has at sunderland...

Ivan Kraschinsky
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:38 pm

Ivan Kraschinsky wrote:Wow i really struggle to see what we have been working on all week in training but it did take big sam a good month in the Sunderland job to see any changes on the pitch. Im hanging on to the hope that in the next game or two WE WILL see a differance on the pitch. It might just happen all of a sudden like it has at sunderland...

That's a good point, first four games Big Sam had were a 1-0 defeat against West Brom, a 3-0 win against Newcastle, a 6-2 defeat against Everton and a 1-0 defeat against Southampton. Take out the derby result (Newcastle are the only team in this league as bad if not worse as we are) and that's a poor run. Thing is, we're still on 5 points (worst start ever in the PL era, even compared to that Derby team) and seven points from safety and the clock is ticking. Each week we wait to come good makes it even more difficult/less possible for us to survive. My problem is not with Garde, I'm sure he's a decent manager. My problem is with Lerner and how he's running the club. It's all on him and his staff now as the excuse of Tim nice but Dim is no longer here.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Kraschinsky Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:17 pm

You can see in Garde's post match interview that he does feel the urgancy of our situation.I dont confuse his calm demeanour with him not being bothered or not caring. Unlike Tim he has his emotions in check.I can sense in him a steely determination that i hope he can pass on to the players then maybe just maybe.... Sandie i also blame Lerner 100% . Damn that man to eternal hell.

Ivan Kraschinsky
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:22 pm

You don't like Lerner then? Aston Villa V Watford: Saturday 28th November at 3PM - Page 4 3640643743 It doesn't matter what Garde achieves in getting us to play decent football, if he can't sort out the worst defence I have ever seen at any level!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:36 pm

But would another manager have been able to extract something better from our (very poor) crop of defenders? Not expressing an opinion either way, just asking the question.

I have to admit, I think our record has got worse after Sherwood went.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Kraschinsky Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:42 pm

All i know is i would rather Garde at the helm than Tim but it is very possible a more experienced manager would have sorted the defence by now i do agree.

Ivan Kraschinsky
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:01 pm

I said that wrong.

I meant if he can't sort out the defence in the near future. We have Okore, Lescott, Crespo, Ilori and Bacuna, and in January Senderos and Cissokho could be available. Out of eleven potential defenders we must be able to come up with a unit of four people who are prepared to keep their shape and link with each other at all times.

We can't risk wing backs at the moment, and our front six should score goals with the coaching they appear to be getting.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Kraschinsky Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:35 pm

No wingbacks i do agree. VB seeing all our defenders names on paper we must have a good combination in there somewhere.

Ivan Kraschinsky
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:52 pm

Garde needs to drill a couple of four man units in purely defensive formations. He'd soon see who has the discipline to play effectively. It's not always about your best players, it's about a cohesive unit.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:58 pm

I have a feeling (based on absolutely nothing as I haven't seen him play yet) that Ilori might be the answer at left back.

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Kraschinsky Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:10 pm

llori could be a good bet (also based on nothing). How could he possibly be any worse than current first teamers.

Ivan Kraschinsky
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:11 pm

Sandie wrote:I have a feeling (based on absolutely nothing as I haven't seen him play yet) that Ilori might be the answer at left back.

I've read everything I can find about him and he's a technically good and flexible player. He is also very quick. Does he have the discipline to play for his team mates? When he's fully fit he needs to really impress Remi in training. Imo there are three defensive positions that need improving. Let's hope he can fill one of them.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Harte Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:15 am

Well they've finally done it and sucked the enthusiasum out of it for me.

Just about every other two-bit club has rocked up at Villa Park over the last five years and taken the piss. Really, really sick of what LErner has let our club become.

Chris Harte
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:16 pm

I'm resigned to the inevitable. I got nervous for a couple of days before yesterday's match, but after the inevitable happened I wondered why I'd bothered. 35,000 still bothered enough to pay good money to attend .... Lerner and crew simply don't deserve that support.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4