www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reading V Aston Villa: Tuesday 18th October 20:00

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What will happen on Tuesday?

Reading V Aston Villa: Tuesday 18th October 20:00 I_vote_lcap0%Reading V Aston Villa: Tuesday 18th October 20:00 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
Reading V Aston Villa: Tuesday 18th October 20:00 I_vote_lcap33%Reading V Aston Villa: Tuesday 18th October 20:00 Empty 33% 
[ 1 ]
Reading V Aston Villa: Tuesday 18th October 20:00 I_vote_lcap67%Reading V Aston Villa: Tuesday 18th October 20:00 Empty 67% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 3

Reading V Aston Villa: Tuesday 18th October 20:00 Empty Reading V Aston Villa: Tuesday 18th October 20:00

Post by Sandie Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:28 am

Another quick turnaround then with our next match coming up in only a couple of days, so are we expecting much with Bruce only getting another couple of days to work with the players?

We will be playing Reading who are sitting in seventh just short of the playoff places. That is a solid start under Jaap Stam though it is worth noting that they are winless in their last three. They'll be looking to break that pattern and we'll no doubt provide them with a golden opportunity.

So what do we expect? What changes would we make or would we expect SB to make? Over to you.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Reading V Aston Villa: Tuesday 18th October 20:00 Empty Re: Reading V Aston Villa: Tuesday 18th October 20:00

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:05 pm

If we are only able to play the first half at 100% because of a woeful lack of fitness there isn't a quick fix for that. It will take weeks or months to put right the damage that has been done due to our lack of effort on the training ground at BMH. Professional players should be ashamed of themselves when they are clearly so unfit. Some players have had injuries which has reduced training time, but the players that we may bring in aren't any better in terms of fitness. I don't think it matters who we play at the moment.

Unfortunately RDM's style of play was about letting the ball do the work, with a slow passing build up and the expectation that possession would lead to opportunities. We are paying a price for that style of training now.

I'll go for a 2-1 loss against Reading.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Reading V Aston Villa: Tuesday 18th October 20:00 Empty Re: Reading V Aston Villa: Tuesday 18th October 20:00

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:45 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/table

This is the reality that faces us. Have a look at the last ten results column and you'll see that we haven't got a single bit of green for a win. Even Rotherham right at the bottom can beat that!

Reading are stalling a bit, but a home match against Villa is just what they need to pick up their momentum again.

I'm sure we all know what Japp Stam's team talk will be!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:07 pm

We are almost certainly there for the taking. That said, we aren't losing many games just drawing loads. There also doesn't seem to be many goals in this Reading team. I'm saying draw.

With McCormack looking off the pace I'd look to bring him on from the bench and start with Ayew.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:23 pm

Sandie wrote:We are almost certainly there for the taking. That said, we aren't losing many games just drawing loads. There also doesn't seem to be many goals in this Reading team. I'm saying draw.

With McCormack looking off the pace I'd look to bring him on from the bench and start with Ayew.
I agree about Ayew starting if he's fit enough after his injury, and McCormack could with dropping a stone in weight if we're to see him at his best. I also don't think there's space for Grealish and McCormack on the pitch at the same time, as they're both to keen on hitting the turf at every opportunity. I'd like to see Lyden involved as he's a strong player with a decent engine and he doesn't back out of anything, but I doubt it will happen. Gestede should feature as a target man in the second half when our players have stopped running and need an out ball.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:33 pm

Gestede and his aerial ability are a constant threat in this division and Ayew's ability to make something out of nothing is useful. These guys need to have some involvement each game as they are amongst our best hopes. We're not going to outrun, overpower or outplay teams over 90 minutes due to the fitness factor.

As for Lyden, our weakness in midfield means that every possible alternative needs to be considered.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:11 pm

I keep banging on about a lack of fitness, but we also have to look at the team ethic. Too many of our better players take far too many touches on the ball in a selfish individual manner. Other players don't bother to run into space because they know these "star players" are going to grandstand each time the ball comes to them.

Ayew, Kodjia, Grealish and McCormack are all guilty of this. We're not a team we're a bunch of individuals who play for themselves.

You have to be fit to press the ball high up the pitch, but apart from that, pressing is one of those unglamorous things that isn't in the "look at me" merchants vocabulary. We have to get back to basics, stop thinking we're "big names" and start playing with each other and for each other.

One of the oldest and most used truisms is.... there is no "I' in "team" .... that has to be hammered into each Villa player.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:36 pm

Hepburn-Murphy is missing from the U23's match against West Ham tonight. Will he feature for the first team tomorrow?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:55 am

It looks like Grealish may be missing tonight, with the Football League due to decide on whether to ban him for his sly back kick on Saturday. I've got some sympathy with Jack because he was taking a bit of a kicking from Several Wolves players, but you can't react studs up and expect to get away with it.

villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:53 pm

Reading are bookies favourites for this one. It shows the size of the task ahead for Steve Bruce.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:58 pm

Jack should no the score with the Championship by now so it was immature and foolish to react in the way he did.

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:00 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Reading are bookies favourites for this one. It shows the size of the task ahead for Steve Bruce.

What are the odds of a draw? The number we have accrued so far this season makes me see it as the most likely outcome.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:16 pm

Sandie wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:Reading are bookies favourites for this one. It shows the size of the task ahead for Steve Bruce.

What are the odds of a draw? The number we have accrued so far this season makes me see it as the most likely outcome.
I suppose a draw makes sense as a bet.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:00 pm

Reading V Aston Villa: Tuesday 18th October 20:00 Cvezc810
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:05 pm

Bruce may have to achieve the impossible tonight .... Win with Hutton starting!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next