www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aston Villa V West Brom... Sat September 19th 3:00 Kick Off

+5
Lionheart
Morddred
gdav
villabromsgrove
Sandie
9 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Predictions for West Brom

Aston Villa V West Brom... Sat September 19th 3:00  Kick Off - Page 2 I_vote_lcap100%Aston Villa V West Brom... Sat September 19th 3:00  Kick Off - Page 2 Empty 100% 
[ 6 ]
Aston Villa V West Brom... Sat September 19th 3:00  Kick Off - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Aston Villa V West Brom... Sat September 19th 3:00  Kick Off - Page 2 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
Aston Villa V West Brom... Sat September 19th 3:00  Kick Off - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Aston Villa V West Brom... Sat September 19th 3:00  Kick Off - Page 2 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

Aston Villa V West Brom... Sat September 19th 3:00  Kick Off - Page 2 Empty Re: Aston Villa V West Brom... Sat September 19th 3:00 Kick Off

Post by GadgetMan Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:19 pm

I hope a week of hard work on the training ground working on the defensive set up and tactics will see a tighter unit (let's remind ourselves this is a brand new team that WILL take time to blend and gel) even if it's individual costly errors that are affecting us, it could still be down to lack of familarity and understanding between each other. Let's hope so.

I want our so called bold manager to be bold in the right way and pick a side that can attack AND defend and be smart (him included)

For an adventurous manager he has a weird obsession with two many defensive midfielders. The only logic I can see is he's got them there to cover for his full backs who are two of the furthest forward players on the pitch. Him and his coaches need to find a balance with the tactics and fast. As pointed out above, we need to gel, but we need our coaching team to gel too and work out their best shape and team.

Very much work in progress and it needs to start coming together FAST.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa V West Brom... Sat September 19th 3:00  Kick Off - Page 2 Empty Re: Aston Villa V West Brom... Sat September 19th 3:00 Kick Off

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:22 pm

Lawro's got us down for a 1-2 home loss, and the bookies have made us 2nd favourites for relegation.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:00 pm

Frankly, we need to get our shit together. Good news is that there's never a better game to do that in than a local derby. Not long after Sherwood came in we were in a bad place and not really recovered from being Lambert's goal-shy failures. I was at Newcastle Away (Tim's second game unless you count the Leicester game where he wasn't officially in charge) and remember a couple of fans sat near me agreeing that we might as well still be managed by Shambert. Hard to disagree with that and my mood was dark. A week after that we had Albion and a late pen got us Sherwood's first three points. Things started to look up. That derby victory (and the manner of it) gave fans and players alike confidence. Few days later we had another big derby, won that too and for me these two games were the turning point of last season. The parallels are there and the next two games can be the turning point of this season too. We've not convinced yet but we looked superb in the first half against Leicester (which is what made the end result more galling) and a bit more of that against Albion, a poorer team than Leicester who will be on our patch, without stupid mistakes and we'll smash them and blues and be looking onwards and upwards.

Surprised bookies have us as second favourites to go down, but maybe it's one of those markets that are easily distorted by random large bets?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:46 am

"Frankly we need to get our shit together" !

You said everything that needs saying Sandie. Aston Villa V West Brom... Sat September 19th 3:00  Kick Off - Page 2 4288271622
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:32 pm

Sherwood saying neither Gil or Traore have trained this week. Disappointing if they are both out.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:04 pm

For quite some time now the balance hasn't been right with our team in particular our midfield. Sanchez and Westy are too similar in that really they don't contribute a lot so would rather have Ganna in front of the back four with Sanchez and Westy dropped and then play our attackers further forward. That would give us a better balance. I think we should give Vertout a chance to shine in his correct position.
Morpheus
Morpheus
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:35 pm

Agree with that, indeed, a few of us on here have started to bemoan Sherwood's obsession with defensive midfielders. Three of them in the team and he even bigged up Ilori as a possible option there the other week.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:08 am

Down to the players and Sherwood to get it right for 90 minutes tomorrow at the moment that seems an impossible task, but the difference between winning and losing is fine lines, and even though i think creatively we have it in us to create chances and open teams up, equally I think that we have it in us to fall asleep and make individual errors that allow the opposition to score against us relatively easily. Time For Tim to get it tactically right also, to give us an opportunity to get a win. COME ON THE VILLA LETS START GETTING OUR SEASON BACK ON TRACK TOMORROW.
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:59 am

Jim Villan wrote:Down to the players and Sherwood to get it right for 90 minutes tomorrow at the moment that seems an impossible task, but the difference between winning and losing is fine lines, and even though i think creatively we have it in us to create chances and open teams up,  equally I think that we have it in us to fall asleep and make individual errors that allow the opposition to score against us relatively easily. Time For Tim to get it tactically right also, to give us an opportunity to get a win. COME ON THE VILLA LETS START GETTING OUR SEASON BACK ON TRACK TOMORROW.
A fair post Jim, and I'll join you in shouting at Tim and the Team .... Aston Villa V West Brom... Sat September 19th 3:00  Kick Off - Page 2 205019816 Aston Villa V West Brom... Sat September 19th 3:00  Kick Off - Page 2 205019816 Aston Villa V West Brom... Sat September 19th 3:00  Kick Off - Page 2 205019816 C'MON VILLA, STUFF THE BAGGIES !!!!!! Aston Villa V West Brom... Sat September 19th 3:00  Kick Off - Page 2 205019816 Aston Villa V West Brom... Sat September 19th 3:00  Kick Off - Page 2 205019816 Aston Villa V West Brom... Sat September 19th 3:00  Kick Off - Page 2 205019816
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:55 am

Time to recreate our turning point of last season today against the same opposition. Really important we start getting wins, especially at home.

COME ON YOU LIONS!!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:06 pm

Same team as last week... Not sure about that one.
gdav
gdav
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:06 pm

Team news is in:
Aston Villa V West Brom... Sat September 19th 3:00  Kick Off - Page 2 CPRI6GNU8AA4o67
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:08 pm

gdav wrote:Same team as last week... Not sure about that one.

It worked for a half, do West Brom have any quality out wide?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:37 pm

Sandie wrote:
gdav wrote:Same team as last week... Not sure about that one.

It worked for a half, do West Brom have any quality out wide?

I'm more concerned about through the middle. Maybe try veretout instead of Westwood & anyone apart from gabby up top.
gdav
gdav
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:02 pm

Albion started well there, good save from Guzan.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum