www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aston Villa V West Brom... Sat September 19th 3:00 Kick Off

+5
Lionheart
Morddred
gdav
villabromsgrove
Sandie
9 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Predictions for West Brom

Aston Villa V West Brom... Sat September 19th 3:00  Kick Off - Page 3 I_vote_lcap100%Aston Villa V West Brom... Sat September 19th 3:00  Kick Off - Page 3 Empty 100% 
[ 6 ]
Aston Villa V West Brom... Sat September 19th 3:00  Kick Off - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Aston Villa V West Brom... Sat September 19th 3:00  Kick Off - Page 3 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
Aston Villa V West Brom... Sat September 19th 3:00  Kick Off - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Aston Villa V West Brom... Sat September 19th 3:00  Kick Off - Page 3 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

Aston Villa V West Brom... Sat September 19th 3:00  Kick Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa V West Brom... Sat September 19th 3:00 Kick Off

Post by Sandie Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:41 pm

Berainho has scored for them. Sad
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa V West Brom... Sat September 19th 3:00  Kick Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa V West Brom... Sat September 19th 3:00 Kick Off

Post by Sandie Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:55 pm

If we don't turn this around I can't see where the points are coming from. Lets hope Tim has an idea of how to change things round.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:13 pm

One word for this. Dreadful!! Don't think booing them off ever helps, but I can understand, even if I wouldn't do it. We've been utter shite and look clueless. Dare I say, no better than under PL Yikes!! Aston Villa V West Brom... Sat September 19th 3:00  Kick Off - Page 3 4228407797
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:22 pm

Not getting a quality striker in will cost us this season.
gdav
gdav
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:24 pm

Aye - Sinclair was anonymous (much like against Leicester - he only scores against shit teams) and Gestede has been no better. Gabby has been involved but he's Gabby, so accomplishes little.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:33 pm

What the hell is TS doing now? Gil off for Bacuna? Tim losing the plot again. Becoming a habit this......Not happy at all.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:38 pm

I can see why he's doing it, doesn't make it the right thing to do, of course.

Veretout on for Sanchez.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:47 pm

Sandie wrote:I can see why he's doing it, doesn't make it the right thing to do, of course.

Veretout on for Sanchez.

To me it felt like a change for the sake of making one. We don't look like we have many options given all the forwards look dreadful. Tim, Tom and Randy have a lot to answer for in not getting an EPL ready striker in. Bloody furious again. Something else that's becoming a habit. Villa play = bad mood. All strangely familiar.

Sorry to be so doom and gloom, however I was sceptical re TS from the start and think he got a typical new manager 'bounce' at a very flat club that quickly levelled out to very poor again. We've not improved YET. Sigh!!!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:51 pm

FT.

Well that was shite. I am now officially worried.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:57 pm

At least Leicester came back to get a draw against Stoke so we're 'only' 4th bottom rather than in the bottom three.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:04 pm

Tim's take

On Villa's performance…

It was not good enough. I thought West Brom did a good job.

They stifled us. They got around the second balls a lot better than we did in the first period.

We looked a little bit more threatening in the second period when Rudy came on and we loaded the box up with more bodies.

But it was disappointing that we couldn't impose ourselves on West Brom as much as we would have liked and anticipated.

On his frustration…

I am not just saying it in hindsight but I think I said after the first game, when we won, that this is a transition period.

It's going to be a lots of ups and downs.

If our points had married our performances then we should have a lot more than four.

But it is what it is - and we haven't. We have to take that on the chin and put it right.

I can look those boys in the eye and see they are on side and they are as eager as I am to put it right - and we will.

There is still a long time left in this season. There's no need for panic.

But you're obviously disappointed to lose games. Today possibly we got what we deserved.

On whether he's worried…

No. I am always looking to improve and see what we can improve on.

You learn more and more every week in terms of individuals and how you set up as a team.

It's my job to try and put that right and find the right ingredients.

On his message to supporters…

I have said be patient from the start.

You lose derby games and the patience wears thin. I am fully aware of that.

But Tim Sherwood is at his best when he's backed into a corner.

On the Birmingham City derby on Tuesday…

It doesn't help us with the points tally but it certainly helps our fans go home with a smile which we need to do.

They are great fans. We need to respond and be as great as they are.

I don't insult anyone's intelligence. I am being honest when I said we deserved more than what we got up to today.

Today we possibly got what we deserved. Maybe a draw would have been fairer.

On what was missing in the derby…

They got around the ball better in the first period.

We try and play to a certain style and we had a lot of flair players in the team. Those flair players have to realise they need to put a shift in to do the ugly stuff.

It's about me showing them what I desire from them and then it's up to them to apply it.

I thought today Albion were more suited to how the game panned out.

On missing Idrissa Gana…

The game can't be quick enough for Idrissa. He loves it.

He's been a real miss for us.

You have to just get on with it. Everyone club has injuries. You have to pick yourself up.

You have to use the squad you have. You won't hear me crying about it.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:31 pm

How some of our new players aren't ready to start matches, when a one legged man could currently do better than some of our regular players bemuses me.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:07 pm

Check out all the match stats here. Some excellent info and telling statistics. Check out the sideways passing (can see where Ray Wilkins is having an effect ha) Looking at the summary we bossed the game. It's only when you looking at passes and check out the attacking third and you see how very little we got the ball in the box that you realise just how much we're struggling to carry a real threat. Atrocious when you see it all laid out.

Anyway take a look and discuss. We'll aim to get these up sooner for the next game, as I think they help form a more rational view of the game.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszone/8-2015/matches/803220/summary#tabs-wrapper-anchor
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:31 pm

GadgetMan wrote:Check out all the match stats here. Some excellent info and telling statistics. Check out the sideways passing (can see where Ray Wilkins is having an effect ha)  Looking at the summary we bossed the game. It's only when you looking at passes and check out the attacking third and you see how very little we got the ball in the box that you realise just how much we're struggling to carry a real threat. Atrocious when you see it all laid out.

Anyway take a look and discuss. We'll aim to get these up sooner for the next game, as I think they help form a more rational view of the game.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszone/8-2015/matches/803220/summary#tabs-wrapper-anchor
Illuminating! three of the four players who have the biggest amount of possession and therefore influence over the game, are the three that we know are killing the game for us week after week. Westwood, Sanchez and Hutton. I can't remember the last time that Villa won a match with these three players together in the team. That is a simple but damning statistic!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:49 pm

I strongly suspect that Sherwood's persistance with a tactical system that uses at least two defensive midfielders is a big reason for the lack of dynanism with our passing.

Also - just how anonymous was Sinclair? Here's the answer:
Aston Villa V West Brom... Sat September 19th 3:00  Kick Off - Page 3 Sincla10
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next