www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leicester v Aston Villa : Sunday 13th September @ King Power Stadium 4pm kick off.

+5
Liberty
GadgetMan
Morddred
Sandie
villabromsgrove
9 posters

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

King Power or Villa Power?

Leicester v Aston Villa : Sunday 13th September @ King Power Stadium 4pm kick off.  I_vote_lcap44%Leicester v Aston Villa : Sunday 13th September @ King Power Stadium 4pm kick off.  Empty 44% 
[ 4 ]
Leicester v Aston Villa : Sunday 13th September @ King Power Stadium 4pm kick off.  I_vote_lcap33%Leicester v Aston Villa : Sunday 13th September @ King Power Stadium 4pm kick off.  Empty 33% 
[ 3 ]
Leicester v Aston Villa : Sunday 13th September @ King Power Stadium 4pm kick off.  I_vote_lcap22%Leicester v Aston Villa : Sunday 13th September @ King Power Stadium 4pm kick off.  Empty 22% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

Leicester v Aston Villa : Sunday 13th September @ King Power Stadium 4pm kick off.  Empty Leicester v Aston Villa : Sunday 13th September @ King Power Stadium 4pm kick off.

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:58 am

Forget about these meaningless England Internationals, let's get talking about the game that really matters .... Villa's next game and it's on Sky TV!

We play the mighty Leicester, and I'm only half joking. Leicester have had an impressive start to their season, which follows on to a scorching finish to last season, when they swept everyone aside in an unbelievable run of games. To further illustrate their rise, they have a current England player in Vardy, and we have no one in a three lions shirt.

Will form go out of the window this weekend? Will the young prospects be sent out as an attacking unit to overwhelm the east midlands pretenders, or will we try and quieten the crowd with our three man defensive centre midfield, before becoming more expansive in the second half? Will we be hanging on in the last ten minutes, or will we be given Leicester a lesson on how to play classy football?

The transfer window is well and truly closed, so these players .... this team, has to get points on the table between now and the new year. What will our first eleven be .... who will be our impact subs, and who if any will be our match winners on Sunday?

What do you think guys?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Leicester v Aston Villa : Sunday 13th September @ King Power Stadium 4pm kick off.  Empty Re: Leicester v Aston Villa : Sunday 13th September @ King Power Stadium 4pm kick off.

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:04 pm

I've gone for a win. If we attack across our whole midfield with the pace we've got, I think we'll cause them real problems.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Leicester v Aston Villa : Sunday 13th September @ King Power Stadium 4pm kick off.  Empty Re: Leicester v Aston Villa : Sunday 13th September @ King Power Stadium 4pm kick off.

Post by Sandie Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:10 pm

This is a difficult one to call. I think Leicester's start has been fairly easy hence their strong performance. They've played a poor Sunderland, an inconsistent West Ham and drew with Spurs and Bournemouth. Admittedly, we've also played that poor Sunderland team and failed to win but so far we're an enigma this season.

I'm saying a 2-2 draw.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Morddred Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:24 pm

I am going for a win, don't care how, I just think we will.
Morddred
Morddred
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:20 pm

Good write up that VB, had me itching for the game. I think a draw (my heart always backs Villa for a win) my head tells me different. An entertaining draw with a few goals, 2-2 perhaps 3-3 or will we be tighter with the two new defenders? Hmmmm!

I'll stick with a draw, but I wouldn't be totally surprised to see us turn it on and a few things click!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:51 pm

Anybody think we might see Ilori come straight into the team?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:18 pm

Sandie wrote:Anybody think we might see Ilori come straight into the team?
I hadn't thought of that! If Hutton plays he'll take a lot of possession up the right hand side with absolutely no end product. It should be Bacuna because he links up and occasionally assists, but Tiago Ilori is an exciting alternative. Leicester v Aston Villa : Sunday 13th September @ King Power Stadium 4pm kick off.  4288271622
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:30 pm

Gueye has picked up a hamstring injury. He's having a scan to see how serious it is. We will miss him in the next couple of games.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:04 pm

Im sitting on the fence on this one as my heart tells me it will be a good Villa win, but my head is telling me we havent got a hope in Hell!!

entertaining 2-2 draw it is then!

Liberty
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:25 pm

I'm going for a 4-3 loss as I'm a glass half empty guy in the hope I'm proved wrong.
gdav
gdav
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:07 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Gueye has picked up a hamstring injury. He's having a scan to see how serious it is. We will miss him in the next couple of games.

Might help us in a way. It'll force Sherwood to move away from his three defensive midfielder system. I also feel that Sanchez and Gueye can be very similar players at times so we'll have someone who can do the job. I know of the three it's probably Westwood who people rate less but I think he's a bit different from the other two in the kind of defensive player he is. I expect Veretout will be the one to come in.

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:21 pm

Sandie wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:Gueye has picked up a hamstring injury. He's having a scan to see how serious it is. We will miss him in the next couple of games.

Might help us in a way. It'll force Sherwood to move away from his three defensive midfielder system. I also feel that Sanchez and Gueye can be very similar players at times so we'll have someone who can do the job. I know of the three it's probably Westwood who people rate less but I think he's a bit different from the other two in the kind of defensive player he is. I expect Veretout will be the one to come in.

I would leave out both Westwood and Sanchez and play Gueye and Veretout, if Gueye was fit. We need to change the stifling centre mid performance that causes us to starve our strikers.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:16 pm

I can see us winning this one,  Lescott to come in, solidifying our defense, we will keep a clean sheet and with the quick players that we will have in the team it will be a smash and grab!

Predicted starting X1

Guzan

Hutton    Richards      Lescott     Amavi

Traore      Vertout      sanchez     Grealish

Gestede   Sinclair
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:35 pm

Jim Villan wrote:I can see us winning this one,  Lescott to come in, solidifying our defense, we will keep a clean sheet and with the quick players that we will have in the team it will be a smash and grab!

Predicted starting X1

Guzan

Hutton    Richards      Lescott     Amavi

Traore      Vertout      sanchez     Grealish

Gestede   Sinclair
I like your team JV, except I'd start Bacuna instead of Hutton and then bring on Ilori for the last twenty minutes.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:50 pm

That looks a decent side, bit of everything in it. I reckon Sherwood will play Westwood, though.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next