www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leicester v Aston Villa : Sunday 13th September @ King Power Stadium 4pm kick off.

+5
Liberty
GadgetMan
Morddred
Sandie
villabromsgrove
9 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

King Power or Villa Power?

Leicester v Aston Villa : Sunday 13th September @ King Power Stadium 4pm kick off.  - Page 11 I_vote_lcap44%Leicester v Aston Villa : Sunday 13th September @ King Power Stadium 4pm kick off.  - Page 11 Empty 44% 
[ 4 ]
Leicester v Aston Villa : Sunday 13th September @ King Power Stadium 4pm kick off.  - Page 11 I_vote_lcap33%Leicester v Aston Villa : Sunday 13th September @ King Power Stadium 4pm kick off.  - Page 11 Empty 33% 
[ 3 ]
Leicester v Aston Villa : Sunday 13th September @ King Power Stadium 4pm kick off.  - Page 11 I_vote_lcap22%Leicester v Aston Villa : Sunday 13th September @ King Power Stadium 4pm kick off.  - Page 11 Empty 22% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

Leicester v Aston Villa : Sunday 13th September @ King Power Stadium 4pm kick off.  - Page 11 Empty Re: Leicester v Aston Villa : Sunday 13th September @ King Power Stadium 4pm kick off.

Post by South London Villan Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:57 pm

Yes.
The issue again is adapting to a tactical change.
Tim felt that by bringing on Ayew at 2 - 0 up he would get a bit of game time and experience.
By moving Mahrez in to the middle changed the game and showed what a good job Amavi was doing on him.
We should have gone to 5 at the back, 4 in the middle and Rudy on his own up front.
Leicester chased everything, squeezed play by playing a high line and we persisted with a diamond.
Guzan should have done a lot better for the 3rd. He needs to command the area, he played the man and not the ball, he came out to punch thd ball, wrong choice.
We are way too static, not enough movement giving our pkayers options to pass to and we are too static defending, we get passed around.
Our players always get pulled up for minor niggles by the officials, we lack the gamesmanship part of the game.
We will lose our next 2 games. We are too predictable and susceptible to tactical changes. Palace and Leicester played with the same intensity, so will everyone else.
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Leicester v Aston Villa : Sunday 13th September @ King Power Stadium 4pm kick off.  - Page 11 Empty Re: Leicester v Aston Villa : Sunday 13th September @ King Power Stadium 4pm kick off.

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:04 pm

Sandie wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:A fit Adama, Gana and Veretout will improve us, but there are some very worrying signs.

What's going on with Veretout? He hasn't featured since United. Poor trainer? Sherwood not rate him?

I'd have thought Gil was behind in the pecking order but got a game today. Not that I'm disappointed. I really like Gil!
Tim has a fixation with Westwood/Sanchez, he seem's unable to understand that neither will score or assist regularly because it's not part of their game. So that's at least one position wasted each match. It should be one or the other not both, or preferably drop then both. Play Gana and Vertout (when Gana's fit).
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:34 pm

I wonder if this ability and knowledge of how to adapt is something that Tim will be able to pick up? At the end of the day, we can arguably point to this costing us against Palace, Sunderland and today and this was against three very experienced premiership managers in Pardew, Advocat and Ranieri. Tim's only had half a season with each of Spurs and us.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:42 pm

Timmy's take:

On how the game changed…

The first goal gives them the momentum and unfortunately we couldn't wrestle it back off them.

The only way you wrestle momentum off a team is by keeping the ball off them. We just kept giving it back to them. Not good enough!

We turned it over stupidly.

I am gutted. We need to stop letting in soft goals. They didn't have to work too hard for their goals.

On those conceded goals…

The first goal was a killer because that gives them the lift. It always is.

The first one is the most important. It was a calamity after that.

The goals we conceded were shocking.

We scored good goals but unfortunately it counts for nothing.

On Leicester's changes…

Leicester had to change because we were outplaying them.

But the game was gone. It was finished.

With 30 minutes left, 2-0 up, the game should be dead and buried.

But we made unforced errors and it has cost us the game.

It was individual errors, which we need to stop happening.

On bringing off Carles Gil…

I had to. I was going to make the substitution before he scored as he was struggling with that injury.

You make changes - sometimes they work for you, sometimes they don't.

I'm not sure if they were the reasons the game got away from us. People can draw their own conclusion.

On positives…

From first viewing, I think we played some good stuff at times.

There was good play - but a lot of bad play in that last half an hour.

I'm always negative when we lose but I'm still realistic enough to know that we are making strides in the right direction.

But if you're not picking up points then no-one believes you.

If people watch the game they'll know that things are going in the right direction.

For me it's all about winning football matches and we haven't won another one today.

On Jack Grealish…

I'm delighted for Jack to see him score but it's little consolation for me.

He was delighted, which is good, but it seems a long, long time ago now.

On his own emotions…

I have never felt this bad ever.

I am bitterly disappointed for everyone associated with the club.

We had a game won. I am devastated the way it's panned out there.

At this level, when you're in total control of a football match for an hour and you're getting the rewards for it, which we did with the two goals, to then throw it away - I'm lost for words really.

You get what you deserve in this game and if you make silly errors and give goals to the opposition then they get momentum and you're going to get beat and that's what happened.

On the upcoming games…

We have to go again. We have two big derbies coming up and we will make sure we are right for them.

I hope we're not going to have to hear 'We have to go again' again on a regular basis...
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:54 pm

If I can bring myself to look at the positives then I would have to say that Jack's goal is a monkey off his back and it will help his confidence. Carles Gil should have done enough to start more regularly after his contribution today. Gana, Adama and Jordan Veretout will come in and improve our ability to keep and use the ball more technically, hopefully giving some type of service to our currently non existent strikers. Finally Ilori could well play at right back as his two competitors are looking to make his selection easier than it should be.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:00 pm

What's going on with Crespo's injury? I didn't think it was that bad. He might be another option though in his one pre-season outing he had the look of being the right sided Tony Moon.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:07 pm

Sandie wrote:What's going on with Crespo's injury? I didn't think it was that bad. He might be another option though in his one pre-season outing he had the look of being the right sided Tony Moon.
Crespo was a strange signing. You don't get a lot for less than half a million, so I guess he becomes versatile defensive cover if we have a run of injuries.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:56 am

Sherwood says players have got to cut out silly errors! What about the manager's silly errors?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:45 am

I cant believe I am still angry about this result after a decent nights kip!

I can accept Tim being a novice Manager but I wish he would please own up to his mistakes, I can sum up that game in one paragraph " A game of two halves, two great goals and two crap substitution's"!

I just cant believe he didn't shore up the game 2-0 up with 20 mins to go, surely Veretout, Clark and Hutton if he had to make the subs was a much better option than replacing strikers with strikers?

on a positive note Jack & Carles goals were pretty awesome! and the first half display actually got me excited of the things to come when this side will eventually gel !
And its much better than the drivel we had to endure under lambore

Liberty
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:52 am

Liberty wrote:I cant believe I am still angry about this result after a decent nights kip!

I can accept Tim being a novice Manager but I wish he would please own up to his mistakes, I can sum up that game in one paragraph " A game of two halves, two great goals and two crap substitution's"!

I just cant believe he didn't shore up the game 2-0 up with 20 mins to go, surely Veretout, Clark and Hutton if he had to make the subs was a much better option than replacing strikers with strikers?

on a positive note Jack & Carles goals were pretty awesome! and the first half display actually got me excited of the things to come when this side will eventually gel !
And its much better than the drivel we had to endure under lambore
There were some good signs for the future but you're right, Leicester didn't beat us we through it away through management brain fade.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:31 pm

Yesterday was just another kick in the knackers in the very long run of kicks to the knackers that Villa fans have endured for the last 5 years. I Couldnt be more dissapointed by the second half performance yesterday with the exception of Gills stunning finish. I think everybody has touched upon relevant points as to what went wrong, no doubt the substitutions were questionable and were poor decisions. If it was me I would have made a change within 10 mins of the restart even before we scored the second goal as we had become massively exposed down our right as Gill was a mismatch against shlupp's powerful driving bursts. I would have taken one of gabby or sinclair off and put Veretout out on the left and tucked gill into a more central position to help hold posession and given instruction for grealish to stay on the left wing to hold back their right side.

We are getting exposed all to easily down the flanks, Crystal palace exposed this in a big way as did leicester yesterday. This is because were not playing wide players who are comfortable in keeping width and we are playing two fullbacks that are essentially wingbacks and they're not coping. I think we have the players to put this right but as a group they need to toughen up regardless. The lack of character shown by all of midfielders and attacking unit when the chips were down yesterday was embarrassing. For what its worth I though Leicester were terrific but were was the effort or the bravery amongst our players when the chips were down. Where was the attitude to win at all costs, I saw it in Micah Richards but that was about it!

Then that brings us to Sherwoods decision making. Yesterday he tried to bring on two strikers to put us back on the front foot but this in hindsight was nieve, it was clear that Leic had the bit between their teeth by then and what we needed to do was to plug the gaps. His selection of both Westward and Sanchez is questionable. Westward simply isnt athlectic enough or string enough to hold the position in the middle of the park imo. He doesnt seem to get close to players,a nd then we have sanchez who to say hasnt adjusted to the pace of the premierleague is the understatement of the century.

Play Gueye and Vertout in the middle with Treore and Grealish on the wings with Gill tucked in behind Siclair upfront and replace bacuna with ilore. Then as long as sherwood can use his substitutions more astituely, we might have half a chance.
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:40 pm

Jim Villan wrote:Yesterday was just another kick in the knackers in the very long run of kicks to the knackers that Villa fans have endured for the last 5 years. I Couldnt be more dissapointed by the second half performance yesterday with the exception of Gills stunning finish. I think everybody has touched upon relevant points as to what went wrong, no doubt the substitutions were questionable and were poor decisions. If it was me I would have made a change within 10 mins of the restart even before we scored the second goal as we had become massively exposed down our right as Gill was a mismatch against shlupp's powerful driving bursts. I would have taken one of gabby or sinclair off and put Veretout out on the left and tucked gill into a more central position to help hold posession and given instruction for grealish to stay on the left wing to hold back their right side.

We are getting exposed all to easily down the flanks, Crystal palace exposed this in a big way as did leicester yesterday. This is because were not playing wide players who are comfortable in keeping width and we are playing two fullbacks that are essentially wingbacks and they're not coping. I think we have the players to put this right but as a group they need to toughen up regardless. The lack of character shown by all of midfielders and attacking unit when the chips were down yesterday was embarrassing. For what its worth I though Leicester were terrific but were was the effort or the bravery amongst our players when the chips were down. Where was the attitude to win at all costs, I saw it in Micah Richards but that was about it!

Then that brings us to Sherwoods decision making. Yesterday he tried to bring on two strikers to put us back on the front foot but this in hindsight was nieve, it was clear that Leic had the bit between their teeth by then and what we needed to do was to plug the gaps. His selection of both Westward and Sanchez is questionable. Westward simply isnt athlectic enough or string enough to hold the position in the middle of the park imo. He doesnt seem to get close to players,a nd then we have sanchez who to say hasnt adjusted to the pace of the premierleague is the understatement of the century.

Play Gueye and Vertout in the middle with Treore and Grealish on the wings with Gill tucked in behind Siclair upfront and replace bacuna with ilore. Then as long as sherwood can use his substitutions more astituely, we might have half a chance.
I'll go with that team Jim. Leicester v Aston Villa : Sunday 13th September @ King Power Stadium 4pm kick off.  - Page 11 4288271622
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Morddred Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:45 pm

I have to wonder just how good this squad and manager are. Take a squad that just scrapes relegation, sell the two best players in the squad and buy 11 players with a net spend of £9 million. Is that the way to build a premiership squad? Given that the team fell apart after the substitutions you have to question the managers ability to tactically manage changes. Plan A was working brilliantly, plan B went to hell.
Time will tell I suppose.
Morddred
Morddred
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:49 pm

Now you see Tim, now you don't:
https://vine.co/v/eFDTUYWrxwa
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:53 pm

Liberty wrote:I can accept Tim being a novice Manager but I wish he would please own up to his mistakes, I can sum up that game in one paragraph " A game of two halves, two great goals and two crap substitution's"!

I think it's not that important that he publicly owns up to it. What I do hope is that he has privately seen the problem and has learned a lesson.

Jim Villan wrote:Play Gueye and Vertout in the middle with Treore and Grealish on the wings with Gill tucked in behind Siclair upfront and replace bacuna with ilore. Then as long as sherwood can use his substitutions more astituely, we might have half a chance.

Have to admit that I like the sound of that side. Make it so Tim!
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next