www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aston Villa V West Ham: Saturday 26th December at 3PM

3 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What will happen on Boxing Day?

Aston Villa V West Ham: Saturday 26th December at 3PM I_vote_lcap50%Aston Villa V West Ham: Saturday 26th December at 3PM Empty 50% 
[ 1 ]
Aston Villa V West Ham: Saturday 26th December at 3PM I_vote_lcap0%Aston Villa V West Ham: Saturday 26th December at 3PM Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
Aston Villa V West Ham: Saturday 26th December at 3PM I_vote_lcap50%Aston Villa V West Ham: Saturday 26th December at 3PM Empty 50% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 2

Poll closed

Aston Villa V West Ham: Saturday 26th December at 3PM Empty Aston Villa V West Ham: Saturday 26th December at 3PM

Post by Sandie Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:06 pm

One of the things I enjoy about the festive season is that there's a lot of football to break up the festivities, though maybe this year might be an exception...

This season's festive fixture comes against those bunch of Cockney Kit Stealers West Ham the team that all non-Midlands Villa fans must suffer the indignity of being told they support when someone spots a Claret & Blue shirt. West Ham started this season like a train and were receiving plaudits from pundits. They've tailed off in recent weeks and are now in 8th probably as a consequence of an injury to the gifted Payet. They're winless in their last seven including three 0-0 draws on the trot (and the game before that was 1-1) so they're due a win nearly as much as we are.

So what do we expect to happen? Over to you...
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa V West Ham: Saturday 26th December at 3PM Empty Re: Aston Villa V West Ham: Saturday 26th December at 3PM

Post by Sandie Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:09 pm

If we continue with the kind of tactics we have shown so far I can't see anything other than a 1-0 defeat.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa V West Ham: Saturday 26th December at 3PM Empty Re: Aston Villa V West Ham: Saturday 26th December at 3PM

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:17 pm

Carroll, Lanzini and Enner Valencia might be fit again for them on boxing day. They will make a difference to their injury hit squad.

This match is more about what we do. How we set up and how near 100% we reach in our desire to stick the ball in the back of their net.

I don't trust Villa to rise to the occasion any more .... just once would make a very nice Christmas present. Aston Villa V West Ham: Saturday 26th December at 3PM 205019816
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:22 pm

If Remi Garde has finally got the message and plays "shit or bust football" we can win this 2 or 3-1. Why do I think we'll see more of the same and get turned over because of our own lack of belief.

I'm going for a narrow loss. Scrub that, it'll be a stuttering draw .... oh boll*cks it's Christmas .... Villa to win by a hatful! Aston Villa V West Ham: Saturday 26th December at 3PM 3640643743
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:29 pm

West Ham have shown in the last few games that they can be defensively resolute even when shorn of some of their brightest attacking players. We are still a million miles away from having that in our team. Even on Saturday evening where we looked much improved defensively we still had a moment of madness when Colocini was left unmarked and scored. Without changing things we are condemned to continue giving away stupid goals and only be able to score goals ourselves either by accident or moment of inspiration rather than by design.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:43 pm

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:56 pm

He's a very good footballer. I would have loved us to have signed him.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:41 am

Is it just two days before our second win of the season?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:25 pm

We will win this one, I'm convinced. I don't think it will be with a 'shit or bust' approach, but I think we'll win 2-0. I think we may see the side that finished the game v Newcastle.

Rumours are that Gabby and Gil are off, so the only attacking addition we might see is Grealish, but for who? I wouldn't drop any of the midfield 4 for him on his form this season and that is Garde's problem, he hardly has people banging on the door in brilliant form to bring in, there all pretty poor.

I think the confidence gained from getting a result against the Toon will hopefully spur us on. I do hope the VP crowd don't start grunting and huffing after about 3/4 mins if we haven't scored. I've said for years our own expectancy has been part of the problem at VP, now don't get me wrong, we have loyal, ardent fans, but we are very critical and demanding and you can visibly see the players wilt under it. That said I think the crowd see the importance of this and will cheer the lads home to a much needed win. Come on you LIONS!!!!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:22 am

villabromsgrove wrote:Is it just two days before our second win of the season?

The law of averages suggests we have to win again sometime...
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:53 am

Sandie wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:Is it just two days before our second win of the season?

The law of averages suggests we have to win again sometime...
....... our win average is so low that our next win is due some time next year.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:36 pm

Arnautovic, Bojan, Shakiri and Afellay. Man U cannot handle these guys, even though Shakiri doesn't do anything at all when he's off the ball .... Remi are you watching?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:41 pm

Yep we need to be on the front foot from the whistle and really get at them without any silly mistakes at the other end. My concern is it's still the same set of players that have looked inept under both Garde and Sherwood and until we get some fresh blood in we may not see significant change (let's hope those signings are lined up then)

We should at the very least press hard, run until we can't run anymore and go out to win. The VP crowd have a important part to play too. Kudos for spending the time and cash to go, however if you're going to do that, let's sing our hearts out and not grunt and moan t the first misplaced pass, as it does filter through to the players. Yes in an ideal world the team should be there to fire the crowd up and get them off thier feet, however we're all in this together now. Time to really back the team.

I've seen comparisons as to how we need to be like Leicester, Watford and Bournemouth etc, well with the risk of being controversial our fans need to be like them too!! Come on boys we're in this together, put all that has gone to one side (let's moan, protest or whatever if we're down) for now let's encourage, sing and will the lads on, it can make a difference.

I started writing this in the Remi Garde thread as he does need to set us up to attack and go for the win today, however the rest also applies and more appropriate for in here (I think)

COME ON VILLA, Let's have some fight. Should we go down, let's do it with a big fight and busting a gut.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:45 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Arnautovic, Bojan, Shakiri and Afellay. Man U cannot handle these guys, even though Shakiri doesn't do anything at all when he's off the ball .... Remi are you watching?

Sadly VB are lot aren't in the same class at those mentioned, at the moment anyway. Jack and Gil (see what I did there) also do little off the ball, thing is there also nowhere near as good on the ball) that could be confidence, but I'm not convinced. Neither can last 90 mins. That's what we need today (whatever the set of players) a whole 90 mins display is required to win this. Do that and we may have a chance today and beyond
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:00 pm

Team as expected for me.

Aston Villa V West Ham: Saturday 26th December at 3PM Image10
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next