www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aston Villa V West Ham: Saturday 26th December at 3PM

3 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What will happen on Boxing Day?

Aston Villa V West Ham: Saturday 26th December at 3PM - Page 3 I_vote_lcap50%Aston Villa V West Ham: Saturday 26th December at 3PM - Page 3 Empty 50% 
[ 1 ]
Aston Villa V West Ham: Saturday 26th December at 3PM - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Aston Villa V West Ham: Saturday 26th December at 3PM - Page 3 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
Aston Villa V West Ham: Saturday 26th December at 3PM - Page 3 I_vote_lcap50%Aston Villa V West Ham: Saturday 26th December at 3PM - Page 3 Empty 50% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 2

Poll closed

Aston Villa V West Ham: Saturday 26th December at 3PM - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa V West Ham: Saturday 26th December at 3PM

Post by Sandie Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:32 pm

Have now. And I agree, coolly rather than poorly I think.

(definitely has nothing to do with me going deaf in one ear and mishearing commentary)
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa V West Ham: Saturday 26th December at 3PM - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa V West Ham: Saturday 26th December at 3PM

Post by GadgetMan Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:36 pm

S
Sandie wrote:Have now. And I agree, coolly rather than poorly I think.

(definitely has nothing to do with me going deaf in one ear and mishearing commentary)

Haha! Aston Villa V West Ham: Saturday 26th December at 3PM - Page 3 3640643743 Adama now? Last 10 or so to run?
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:57 pm

Sadly wasn't to be. I'm not going to criticise that performace. It gave us what we've asked for (apart from 3 precious points) We're getting better each week, that was nearly a 90 min performance. It may well not be quick enough, but change is happening.

Unlucky boys. You left it all on the pitch and I'll never knock that. One or two (or more) just simply aren't good enough, not their fault, just how it is.

Let's hope reinforcements come and come quickly. I haven't given up hope yet. UTV

PS it's Boxing Day and continue to enjoy the festivities guys. Aston Villa V West Ham: Saturday 26th December at 3PM - Page 3 4288271622 Aston Villa V West Ham: Saturday 26th December at 3PM - Page 3 2614569260
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:04 pm

Best performance of this season? Not really much competition and it's the first game I can think of that we almost sustained a performance. Just a shame that it proved to be another game that ticked past where we didn't get enough from it.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:06 pm

Positives were improving fitness and greater desire. Second half we played the ball on the floor more due to Gil's influence and looked more dangerous attacking the box.

Negatives .... Safety first team selection, three man defence, and old bad habits ie passing sideways and backwards after we scored the penalty for ten minutes.

Did any one else notice that West Ham immediately dropped deeper when Adama Traore came on? He changes our options as soon as we involve him.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:15 pm

At the risk of annoying you guys further, I'll keep banging my usual drum. Remi's refusal to pick a more attacking line up has cost us the chance of another two points today. Swansea's win means we need four wins with none of the bottom teams picking up another win, just to climb out of the bottom three!

We are in even more trouble tonight, and our manager stubbornly refuses to be more positive.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:20 pm

No, I agree. Just think that we played well today. Not sure what, for example, Westwood brings to the table over a more attacking player.

I was asking myself in the second half, 'Just how good would Ayew and Veretout would be in a decent team?'.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum