www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Southampton V Aston Villa: Saturday 5th December at 3PM

3 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What will happen at St. Mary's?

Southampton V Aston Villa: Saturday 5th December at 3PM I_vote_lcap0%Southampton V Aston Villa: Saturday 5th December at 3PM Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
Southampton V Aston Villa: Saturday 5th December at 3PM I_vote_lcap0%Southampton V Aston Villa: Saturday 5th December at 3PM Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
Southampton V Aston Villa: Saturday 5th December at 3PM I_vote_lcap100%Southampton V Aston Villa: Saturday 5th December at 3PM Empty 100% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 3

Poll closed

Southampton V Aston Villa: Saturday 5th December at 3PM Empty Southampton V Aston Villa: Saturday 5th December at 3PM

Post by Sandie Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:28 am

So after yet another Saturday of disappointment we brace ourselves for the next trip on the Villa rollercoaster (currently plumbing the depths). Can we end our 13 game (unlucky for some, especially us) winless run or does more woe beckon?

In this game we will head to the South and face Southampton who are becoming the poster childs of the league. 'Oh look at them! They are so well run' people keep saying and they are right. They are pretty much the antithesis of Randy Lerner's Aston Villa. They're 10th in the league but can easily reel in the teams close above them and challenge for Europe. So not exactly easy opposition and not something that people would use that age old misnomer (for AVFC) 'winnable game' for. In case you've forgotten (and to increase the dread you will be feeling in the pit of your stomach) St Mary's was the venue for the match that arguably started us digging the hole we've dug for ourselves when we lost there 6-1 last season.

On the other hand, surely not even we can keep on not winning? We have to win another game some time, don't we. Something has to change for our team and if it does this game may not be a foregone conclusion. We may once again demonstrate the organization we had against Man City. The manager will no doubt be trying to change things as well. Southampton also have a league cup game to contend with on Wednesday, perhaps a long slog including extra-time, penalties and injuries could help us and tire them out.

Over to the pre-match chat...
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Southampton V Aston Villa: Saturday 5th December at 3PM Empty Re: Southampton V Aston Villa: Saturday 5th December at 3PM

Post by Sandie Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:30 am

Having got the match preview over with, I have to be honest and say I'm expecting them to tear us a new arsehole. Sad

4-0.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Southampton V Aston Villa: Saturday 5th December at 3PM Empty Re: Southampton V Aston Villa: Saturday 5th December at 3PM

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:33 pm

I loved the passionate way you've set up the match Sandie .... and then that burst of realism in your own prediction. It made me laugh, but it shouldn't have really should it?

We're going to lose again, so anything less than a new arsehole will be a let off.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:42 pm

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:45 pm

It will be interesting to see if Garde realises that you have to keep a deep solid back line against Southampton. They've taken advantage of our defensive indiscipline whenever we've played them recently.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:50 pm

They've taken one hell of a beating tonight from Klippety Klopp's Liverpool.

Will they be demoralised or will they (more likely) be giving us a bit of a backlash?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:24 pm

Sandie wrote:They've taken one hell of a beating tonight from Klippety Klopp's Liverpool.

Will they be demoralised or will they (more likely) be giving us a bit of a backlash?
I would think we'll see the real Southampton on Saturday. I would rather they'd won 6-1 tonight and got a little complacent.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:14 am

Just heard Clark is suspended and Richards might be out so this will do no good to an already porous defence. Okore is back to full fitness but Crespo and Ilori aren't so looks like Okore and Lescott should Richards not make it.

Gabby is back though...
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Harte Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:00 pm

Sandie wrote:Gabby is back though...
So we'll be playing with ten men from the start, then?

There will be a backlash from the bumming they had last night. 6-0.

Chris Harte
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:03 pm

Chris Harte wrote:
Sandie wrote:Gabby is back though...
So we'll be playing with ten men from the start, then?

He was meant to be fit last week but didn't appear so we can live in hope that he continues not to play. That said, with each passing week and comment about him being back fit the worry is there.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:35 pm

I would love to see a flash of Gabby at his very best .... not going to happen again is it?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:37 pm

Merse says we will lose 2-1. That's a ringing endorsement from him, because he thinks we're totally useless.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:41 pm

I usually wait for Lawro's prediction. You can bet, whatever he says, he'll have it wrong.

villabromsgrove wrote:I would love to see a flash of Gabby at his very best .... not going to happen again is it?

Maybe a new manager and the direness of our situation will flick a switch and bring back the Gabby of 2009?

Maybe NASA will find out that the moon really is made of cheese too.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:47 pm

Maybe. Southampton V Aston Villa: Saturday 5th December at 3PM 3640643743
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:57 am

Tomorrow will tell us how much Garde has learnt about our defensive problems.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next