www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Claret and Blue Army Affiliates with the Villa Trust.

4 posters

Go down

Claret and Blue Army Affiliates with the Villa Trust.  Empty Claret and Blue Army Affiliates with the Villa Trust.

Post by GadgetMan Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:30 am

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know we're now an official affiliate to the Villa Trust. We see these as a positive step in not only growing and evolving the forum, whilst being able to get behind a recognised organisation representing fans views. We as a site will retain ALL independance, however we see it as an opportunity to feedback any ideas/suggestions/observations you guys may have with them.

Hopefully everyone read the Trust statement the other night. It was clear, articulate, reasonable and concise. The club needs to be made accountable and only a strong Trust with fan memberships and affiliates can really achieve that. So we hope this will be a good move for us.

Given that, this is the thread to discuss the Trust and maybe look at what else they need to be doing to represent ALL fans. No doubt though, as a collective voice we're stronger. So let us know and I'll personally make sure ALL comments are feed back to the Trust.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Claret and Blue Army Affiliates with the Villa Trust.  Empty Re: Claret and Blue Army Affiliates with the Villa Trust.

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:25 pm

The Trust needs our support, but it needs to develop a clearer personality before it can become really effective. There needs to be designated spokesperson/s who will become recognisable over a period of time, because at the moment the AVST is a faceless background organisation.

I don't want to see a high profile "busy body" action group, but it needs to develop a recognisable and respected "face" which we can identify with.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Claret and Blue Army Affiliates with the Villa Trust.  Empty Re: Claret and Blue Army Affiliates with the Villa Trust.

Post by GadgetMan Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:02 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:The Trust needs our support, but it needs to develop a clearer personality before it can become really effective. There needs to be designated spokesperson/s who will become recognisable over a period of time, because at the moment the AVST is a faceless background organisation.

I don't want to see a high profile "busy body" action group, but it needs to develop a recognisable and respected "face" which we can identify with.

They've taken big strides over the last few months in appointing new directors and several recognisable patrons. Andy Gray, Jonny Gould, Shaun Teale, Ian Taylor (I think) and some real 'business minded' knowledge to the organisation and I think that showed with the recent statement. In days gone by, that may possibly not have been said. They want more fan groups to get involved and help drive their 'agenda' based around representing what WE as fans want said/done. So I see it as a two way street, yes they need to do all the things you've said, however groups/forums etc need to be inputting into their wishes and ideas into the Trust to then take forward. Affiliation is a good start to that process.

I've personally felt for years we need a strong Trust with many members if we want the club to listen. Imagine an organisation with 40k Villa fans speaking up and demanding change. Much easier to do with large numbers. There are some great examples of successful Trusts within football. Our own trust ran an excellent 'Safe Standing' campaign and are presently behind the '20 is plenty' for tickets campaign. All great campaigns that could make a big difference to the wider football issues.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:18 pm

There has to be a balance between fans expectations and realism. The Supporters Trust by communicating a clear, well thought out, realistic expectation and time scales to meet those expectations can only be a good thing if those in the Trust are experienced and respected professionals.
Whether we like it or not Football and Aston Villa is a Corporate entity that is run by by Corporate speaking individuals. If we as supporters can have a bridge between our world and the the multi billion speak of Corporate football then we can all move forward. Many supporters just don't understand the corporate psycho babble and those such as Taylor and Hodgson can be our interpreters.
We all want the same thing, a successfull Aston Villa, built upon it's historic foundations and traditions and all supporters groups and individuals will be a lot happier if there is a clear process of two way communication, engagement and recognition from the corporate entity.
We all come here proffering our opinions and know best how to put the world and Aston Villa right, by the law of averages one of us will have the magic bullett and solution to our continued demise.
It struck me that we could have a fans collective, (Federation of International Supporters Trusts - FIST) to give UEFA, FIFA the FA a good fisting. Bayern Munich fans protesting at ticket prices at Arsenal, Man City being sanctioned by UEFA for booing the UEFA Corporate theme tune, Blatter and FIFA in general, together as supporters we are strong and it is our money that they depend upon to drive their business.
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:37 pm

I think the trust are better now than they have been in the past. They obviously released the statement RE Sherwood in the week and there was also the snap polls around in the dying days of Lambert's reign. A trust, by it's nature, can't be too radical as it has to reflect the views of the majority without offending too many. In that context I think they're improved if not perfect. Also good to see them getting involved in things like 'twenty's plenty' and safe standing campaigns.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down