www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tottenham Hotspur V Aston Villa : Monday 2nd November at 8PM

+2
villabromsgrove
Sandie
6 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

What do we expect against Spurs?

Tottenham Hotspur V Aston Villa : Monday 2nd November at 8PM - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Tottenham Hotspur V Aston Villa : Monday 2nd November at 8PM - Page 2 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
Tottenham Hotspur V Aston Villa : Monday 2nd November at 8PM - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Tottenham Hotspur V Aston Villa : Monday 2nd November at 8PM - Page 2 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
Tottenham Hotspur V Aston Villa : Monday 2nd November at 8PM - Page 2 I_vote_lcap33%Tottenham Hotspur V Aston Villa : Monday 2nd November at 8PM - Page 2 Empty 33% 
[ 2 ]
Tottenham Hotspur V Aston Villa : Monday 2nd November at 8PM - Page 2 I_vote_lcap17%Tottenham Hotspur V Aston Villa : Monday 2nd November at 8PM - Page 2 Empty 17% 
[ 1 ]
Tottenham Hotspur V Aston Villa : Monday 2nd November at 8PM - Page 2 I_vote_lcap17%Tottenham Hotspur V Aston Villa : Monday 2nd November at 8PM - Page 2 Empty 17% 
[ 1 ]
Tottenham Hotspur V Aston Villa : Monday 2nd November at 8PM - Page 2 I_vote_lcap33%Tottenham Hotspur V Aston Villa : Monday 2nd November at 8PM - Page 2 Empty 33% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

Tottenham Hotspur V Aston Villa : Monday 2nd November at 8PM - Page 2 Empty Re: Tottenham Hotspur V Aston Villa : Monday 2nd November at 8PM

Post by Sandie Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:02 pm

Some (unhappy) stats.

• Tottenham have lost just one of their last 13 Premier League games against Aston Villa (W9 D3), although that defeat came last time out (0-1 at home in April 2015).
  • At White Hart Lane, Villa have enjoyed just one win in their last six league games, losing four and drawing one.
  • The Villans have bagged a total of just two goals on their last six league trips to White Hart Lane to face Spurs.
  • Aston Villa had a player sent off in both meetings with Spurs last season (Christian Benteke at Villa Park, Carlos Sanchez at White Hart Lane).
  • Tottenham Hotspur are unbeaten in their last nine PL games (W4 D5) and remain the only side unbeaten since the opening matchday (when they lost to Manchester United).
  • The Villans are enduring the longest current losing streak of any Premier League side, failing to pick up a single point in their last six games.
  • Indeed, Villa have lost eight of their 10 Premier League games in 2015-16; becoming only the 10th side to lose 8+ of their opening 10 PL matches in a season. Of the previous nine, five were relegated at the end of the campaign.
  • Spurs hitman Harry Kane has bagged four goals in his last four Premier League games after netting just twice in his previous 14 appearances in the competition.
  • Kane scored with three of his four shots against Bournemouth, having netted with just one of his previous 32 shots (incl. blocked) in the competition in 2015-16.
  • Jordan Amavi has embarked on 58 dribbles in the Premier League this season, the third-highest total overall and 26 more than any other defender.

Looking at those I have to think that we have to break all these unfortunate runs (winless in 9, poor record at Spurs etc) some time. We probably won't, mind.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Tottenham Hotspur V Aston Villa : Monday 2nd November at 8PM - Page 2 Empty Re: Tottenham Hotspur V Aston Villa : Monday 2nd November at 8PM

Post by South London Villan Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:09 pm

Just came across this site, quite usefull stats and trends including referee's.

http://www.footcharts.co.uk/index.cfm?task=basics_goals
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:54 pm

MacDonald on Veretout

Kevin MacDonald has hailed Jordan Veretout's glorious vision on the football - but urged the summer recruit to start imposing himself more.

MacDonald revealed that Veretout's impact has been somewhat subdued in claret and blue so far because of "little niggles" which have hampered his progress.

But the caretaker boss has been heartened by the 22-year-old's performances in training this past week.

MacDonald has backed the midfielder to come good and thinks it's only a matter of time before supporters start seeing the best of him.

He said: "Jordan is a wonderful passer of the ball.

"But he keeps picking up little niggles. It's not bad enough he can't play or train but I think that might be affecting him a bit.

"He also has a young family - his wife has just had a baby.

"He started off wonderfully and had a little dip but watching him in training these last few days I think he is coming back again.

"He will get better. And he is looking to impose himself in training games.

"Now he has to do that over a period of time. If he does that, he will be a very, very good player."

MacDonald believes Veretout can be an artist in the middle of the park for Villa in the coming years.

He wants the Frenchman to have the same impact in games as Tottenham legend Glenn Hoddle.

He added: "I want to see him creating more chances with his passing.

"It's not necessarily about being further up the pitch. Glenn Hoddle didn't have to run up and down the pitch. But he was the most wonderful passer this country had in a long, long time.

"It's not about being a holding midfielder or an attacking midfielder - Jordan needs to be a midfielder who gets on the ball more than anybody else in the team."

All sounds very positive, might we see him in this game?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcff1982 Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:22 pm

Veretout to start, GOOD, so I'm going for a very, very, very, optimistic 2 - 2. Gabby to start, and miss a sitter, goals from Gestede and Ayew who comes on from the bench to save us from defeat.

I hope I am not a false prophet, or is that profit?
avfcff1982
avfcff1982
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:41 am

With Garde on board, no doubt watching in the stand and probably meeting the players today anyone else think we'll see our players busting a gut to impress?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:38 pm

Sandie wrote:With Garde on board, no doubt watching in the stand and probably meeting the players today anyone else think we'll see our players busting a gut to impress?
I'm sure they will. Let's hope the right guys start this match.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Harte Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:28 pm

I'm not confident about tonight.

And as much as we have (will have) a manager who can supposedly get the best out of the French players, who's going to get the best out of the dodgy American goalkeeper who's struggling to catch a cold, the past-it central-defender who's a fan and presumably thinks he's doing us a favour being at B6, the potential wonder kid who seems to be almost perpetually injured...?

Chris Harte
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:56 pm

If Garde can't sort out this bunch of players, then it's not sortable, and we'll have to go right back to basics when we're in the Championship.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:57 pm

I've cooked a pre match meal, which is a big pot of marinated pork and beef in a homemade tikka masala sauce, all fresh ingredients, and my own version of egg fried rice (basmati rice, finely chopped garlic, onion, olive oil, salt and pepper, with a couple of free range eggs stirred in) which is so much better than takeaway rice. Naan bread and poppadoms of course.

The beers are cooling in the fridge so all we need is a real performance from Villa to make it a great night. UP THE VILLA! Tottenham Hotspur V Aston Villa : Monday 2nd November at 8PM - Page 2 205019816
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:08 pm

Any one else starting to get excited about Villa again?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:16 pm

I am, looking forward to see what Garde does with the side. Our season starts here as, I believe, KMac has already said. Obviously the French revolution starts at the weekend and not tonight but still fancy us to get something.

Your evening sounds great, I'm planning on having a nice relaxing bath pre-match so I'm chilled and refreshed for tonight's events at White Hart Lane.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcff1982 Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:31 pm

Tonight's pre match meal will consist of, onions, garlic, French mustard and a bage... begat...... a bread stick thingy.

Also have to admit that I'm getting the excitement factor back knowing Garde is now the man, he wont work miracles, but I am convinced he will fix the playing side of the club, with a winning mentality, not straight away, but a few games down the line, and we will survive.

I hope the supporters will be patient during the settling in period, there are quite a few who don't want him in charge, fair enough, but we are in a dire mess of crap, which calls for 100% support, a cliche I know, but it's true, so UTV and onward and upwards Tottenham Hotspur V Aston Villa : Monday 2nd November at 8PM - Page 2 205019816
avfcff1982
avfcff1982
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:41 pm

avfcff1982 wrote:Tonight's pre match meal will consist of, onions, garlic, French mustard and a bage... begat...... a bread stick thingy.

Also have to admit that I'm getting the excitement factor back knowing Garde is now the man, he wont work miracles, but I am convinced he will fix the playing side of the club, with a winning mentality, not straight away, but a few games down the line, and we will survive.

I hope the supporters will be patient during the settling in period, there are quite a few who don't want him in charge, fair enough, but we are in a dire mess of crap, which calls for 100% support, a cliche I know, but it's true, so UTV and onward and upwards Tottenham Hotspur V Aston Villa : Monday 2nd November at 8PM - Page 2 205019816
Best post on here for a while avfcff1982, I can feel the excitement building.

Nail on head post! Tottenham Hotspur V Aston Villa : Monday 2nd November at 8PM - Page 2 205019816
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:49 pm

Garde was evidently due to fly into Birmingham this morning but was delayed by fog. He's now flying from Lyon to Luton in a private jet and will be driven to WHL for the match.

Is this the start of something big .... or am I dreaming?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:50 pm

avfcff1982 wrote:I hope the supporters will be patient during the settling in period, there are quite a few who don't want him in charge, fair enough, but we are in a dire mess of crap, which calls for 100% support, a cliche I know, but it's true, so UTV and onward and upwards Tottenham Hotspur V Aston Villa : Monday 2nd November at 8PM - Page 2 205019816

Definitely. Garde and the players won't get out of this without us. Seen a lot of negativity elsewhere at this appointment and quite frankly if I read another 'surrender' joke I'll lose my temper badly but I think our fans will give him backing in the stands and I suspect he will give us something to cheer very quickly.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next