www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Nightmare is nearly over... Arsenal V Aston Villa

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Nightmare is nearly over... Arsenal V Aston Villa Empty The Nightmare is nearly over... Arsenal V Aston Villa

Post by Sandie Thu May 12, 2016 3:31 pm

So this season is almost over and we're only 90 minutes from the end of the nightmare. No more Black, hopefully no more Lerner and with luck no more Bacuna, Lescott or Richardson.

I have a funny feeling about this game. I think we might get something from it. I know, I know...
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

The Nightmare is nearly over... Arsenal V Aston Villa Empty Re: The Nightmare is nearly over... Arsenal V Aston Villa

Post by villabromsgrove Thu May 12, 2016 4:03 pm

I genuinely can't wait until 5pm on Sunday so that we can consign this whole sorry season to the deepest bin.

We know approximately the players that Black will pick, so it will be predictable and it wont be a stellar performance. Arsenal on the other hand will be desperate to pick up all three points in case Spurs slip up against Newcastle. Can you imagine the Gunners fans reaction if Spurs lose and we somehow get something out of the game? Wenger would have some explaining to do.

Arsenal 3 - Villa 1.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

The Nightmare is nearly over... Arsenal V Aston Villa Empty Re: The Nightmare is nearly over... Arsenal V Aston Villa

Post by Sandie Thu May 12, 2016 4:29 pm

It's not as much down to anything Black will do that I think we'll get something. It's down to the dark mood around Arsenal. This season is probably their best opportunity in years to grab the title and instead they've ended up behind Spurs and Leicester. I think our players might take some confidence from their draw last weekend too mad as it seems.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Obnoxious Lion Thu May 12, 2016 5:00 pm

I agree Sandie I also think we will get something from this game, it's been nearly 10 years since Lerner brought us back in August 2006 and ironically his first game in charge was Arsenal at the brand new Emirates stadium, it ended 1-1 on the day.......Let's just hope we can get a similar result and Lerner announces the official goodbye statement and pray that he has kept his word.
Going for a DRAW.
Obnoxious Lion
Obnoxious Lion
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu May 12, 2016 5:17 pm

Obnoxious Lion wrote:I agree Sandie I also think we will get something from this game, it's been nearly 10 years since Lerner brought us back in August 2006 and ironically his first game in charge was Arsenal at the brand new Emirates stadium, it ended 1-1 on the day.......Let's just hope we  can get a similar result and Lerner announces the official goodbye statement and pray that he has kept his word.
Going for a DRAW.

I was about to post that OL (good to see you post by the way) Lerner started his reign against Arsenal and will very likely end it against them. I can't see past a drubbing to be honest. I think Arsenal will want to finish as strongly as possible and we'll offer little resistance if they score early. I'd like to think Black might play a few youngsters (Grealish, Lyden, Hepburn Murphy) but the likelihood is he won't. So 4-0 Arsenal, unless we somehow avoid conceding in the first half.

Can't wait for it to be over now and for our new future to start with whoever it is that's buying us The Nightmare is nearly over... Arsenal V Aston Villa 205019816
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri May 13, 2016 2:46 pm

The pundits are predicting 3-0/4-0 Arsenal, Why not play some skilful young players Eric? There's nothing to lose.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun May 15, 2016 2:52 am

Just think, in fourteen hours this shitstain of a season will be finished.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun May 15, 2016 10:46 am

It will be a real positive to be able to draw a line under an awful season. There has been a total inevitability about our relegation for perhaps 75% or more of this season, so I'm not upset, in fact I can't wait for us to begin the rebuilding process.

That starts next week.

The match today against Arsenal is an irrelevance for us, although it's important to our opponents. Let's hope the fans have a good day out and we end our long tenure in the Premier League with our supporter's reputation further enhanced.

It will probably be a repeat of last year"s Cup Final, so I'll say 4-0 although win lose or draw I'm not actually bothered. Let's get it over with.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun May 15, 2016 1:51 pm

Let's enjoy/endure our last game in the EPL for a while. We'll miss this league and I'm not sure we will know just how much until it all kicks off again next season and we have to put up with some second rate (IMO) punditry and coverage of the Championship. It's terrible.....lets get back to our rightful place asap. UTV!!

Another tepid defeat beckons. I'm sure Black will stick to the tried, tested and failed formula and we'll see a comfortable win for Arsenal.

Hope the away fans have a good old party and send us off with a little style off the pitch!!

Then into the small matter of the sale of the club...
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun May 15, 2016 2:02 pm

The Nightmare is nearly over... Arsenal V Aston Villa Team11

Meh.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun May 15, 2016 2:05 pm

Thank goodness this is Black's last game. Another side picked to not lose that WILL lose. Deary me, no surprises though. Today is all about the fans again.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun May 15, 2016 2:08 pm

Exactly what we've come to expect from Black. Obviously if Hutton and Clark were fit they'd be starting instead of Lyden and Toner. Hey ho, let's get it over with.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun May 15, 2016 2:29 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Exactly what we've come to expect from Black. Obviously if Hutton and Clark were fit they'd be starting instead of Lyden and Toner. Hey ho, let's get it over with.

Exactly what we would expect sums up Black's reign.

I'm looking at it this way, this will bring about the end of the season and that's what needs to happen in order to get sold and do all the things needed to get us prepared for next season. Let the fun commence.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun May 15, 2016 2:50 pm

GadgetMan wrote:I'm looking at it this way, this will bring about the end of the season and that's what needs to happen in order to get sold and do all the things needed to get us prepared for next season. Let the fun commence.

Aye, the nightmare will be over soon.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun May 15, 2016 3:06 pm

1-0 already.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next