www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bristol City V Aston Villa: Saturday 27th August 15:00

+2
Jim Villan
Sandie
6 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Predictions for the game against Bristol City

Bristol City V Aston Villa: Saturday 27th August 15:00 - Page 6 I_vote_lcap100%Bristol City V Aston Villa: Saturday 27th August 15:00 - Page 6 Empty 100% 
[ 5 ]
Bristol City V Aston Villa: Saturday 27th August 15:00 - Page 6 I_vote_lcap0%Bristol City V Aston Villa: Saturday 27th August 15:00 - Page 6 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
Bristol City V Aston Villa: Saturday 27th August 15:00 - Page 6 I_vote_lcap0%Bristol City V Aston Villa: Saturday 27th August 15:00 - Page 6 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Bristol City V Aston Villa: Saturday 27th August 15:00 - Page 6 Empty Re: Bristol City V Aston Villa: Saturday 27th August 15:00

Post by Sandie Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:35 am

South London Villan wrote:The issue is a mental one, whilst the players are different the mindset is the same.

My opinion is that We are Aston Villa, with that comes a heap of history that makes the players think that they have a god given right to win because they have made it, playing for a big club that can afford to pay the wages of other people's dreams. Problem is the other teams see us as a big scalp and exploit our weaknesses.

I think that's definitely part of it. Somebody else here (sorry I've forgotten who it was) made the point in pre-season that there are a couple of players, in Hutton, Bacuna and Westwood, who have been with us throughout this horrible period we've had. They've not played in successful, or lets be honest, even mediocre Villa sides. Much as we'll have seen this tradition of losing traction in games then collapsing after we concede time and again so have these players. How can they play with confidence after that? I can't even watch this team with confidence unless they were 4-0 up, so god knows what these demoralised players can do. Their lack of confidence probably even transmits to the other players. We need to get a sports psychologist or something. Get into their heads.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6