www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our hopes of promotion...

4 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Our hopes of promotion... - Page 3 Empty Re: Our hopes of promotion...

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:08 pm

Sandie wrote:I agree Jim that we've wasted two months with RDM and the residue of RDM has also left Steve Bruce with a number of problems. I have no doubt that had Bruce been able to get his own players in we wouldn't be playing as limply as we are now. Look at Bruce on a touchline and he's as unhappy with our performances as we are. I think standards will increase once the manager has brought in his own players over the January window. We've basically had two wasted months (the RDM period) and then two months of damage limitation (the early Bruce period). The remaining half of the season should hopefully be better.
I agree with what you say about Steve Bruce being as unhappy with our performance as we are. That's why I have no qualms in criticising us even though we're scraping wins. Bruce knows that we have to raise our game. Hopefully the players he signs in the January transfer window will assist us in this.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:22 pm

I think promotion depends on us having "the right kind of players". We haven't got it right yet.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:28 pm

We have 12 more points to play for this month and we're already a third of the way through the transfer window, with just a loan keeper incoming so far. We need to get better players in asap!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:11 pm

We are now ten points behind Sheffield Wednesday in sixth place. We have to win this evening to avoid being cut adrift of the playoffs.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Harte Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:54 pm

Our hopes of promotion.... have gone up in smoke.

Let's get used to this division. It ain't so bad. Most of our away games are on the box.

And who wants to risk yo-yo-ing anyway.

Lalalalalalala......

Chris Harte
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:59 pm

I wish I could accept that we've blown it. It would be less stressful.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:29 pm

It wasn't that long ago that we were broadly on target to possibly make a late charge into the playoffs. The last few games have completely destroyed that momentum we had. I think with a few new additions we can build momentum again but these players aren't going to be brought in overnight, nor are they going to hit the ground running. If we could have had a source of goals, any source of goals to fill in for Kodjia we could have got away with it until new players came in the rest of the window. Instead Bruce turned to Gabby F****** Agbonlahor.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Harte Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:09 pm

Sandie wrote: Instead Bruce turned to Gabby F****** Agbonlahor.
This is what I would quantify as somewhere between 60 - 75% of the problem.

Chris Harte
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:10 pm

Our players must be getting fed up with repeatedly being blamed for playing poorly. It's not their fault that every week they keep coming up against eleven players who pull on the shirt and are prepared to play for it 100% as a unit .... It's just not fair!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:29 pm

We've known our players are piss poor for months. I can't really bring myself to be angry at them about it. I can, however, be angry about the club doing nothing so far to fix it. In fact, by selling Gestede our squad is even weaker than it was before the window opened.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:52 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38663851

I think this is a reasonable prediction although it doesn't take into account the variables which in our case may be Lansbury, Hourihane, Bree and a number 9.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:39 pm

I think after the last few games we've blown it. There are four teams already in the top six (Newcastle, Brighton, Leeds and Reading) that I think are almost guaranteed to finish the season there. I'd say Derby will be a team who will break into the playoffs but there's then two more teams in the play off positions plus Barnsley, Fulham, Norwich, Preston and Blues between us and them at this point. Bearing in mind we can't win every game and that new players will take time to gel we've left ourselves too much to do.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:23 pm

Sandie wrote:I think after the last few games we've blown it. There are four teams already in the top six (Newcastle, Brighton, Leeds and Reading) that I think are almost guaranteed to finish the season there. I'd say Derby will be a team who will break into the playoffs but there's then two more teams in the play off positions plus Barnsley, Fulham, Norwich, Preston and Blues between us and them at this point. Bearing in mind we can't win every game and that new players will take time to gel we've left ourselves too much to do.
I don't have any promotion expectations at all, but if we get enough missing pieces signed in the next few days we could finish the season on a high.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Harte Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:45 pm

I'd like an undefeated home record. That'd be some consolation for not going up.

Do our collective minds know when Villa last went undefeated at home in a season?

Chris Harte
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:33 am

I've had a troll of the stats Chris and I can't find anything on an undefeated season. I think we would probably need to remain unbeaten home and away for the rest of the season to get promoted now!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next