www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Norwich City V Aston Villa Tuesday 13th December 19:45

3 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Midweek magic or midweek misery?

Norwich City V Aston Villa Tuesday 13th December 19:45 - Page 3 I_vote_lcap50%Norwich City V Aston Villa Tuesday 13th December 19:45 - Page 3 Empty 50% 
[ 1 ]
Norwich City V Aston Villa Tuesday 13th December 19:45 - Page 3 I_vote_lcap50%Norwich City V Aston Villa Tuesday 13th December 19:45 - Page 3 Empty 50% 
[ 1 ]
Norwich City V Aston Villa Tuesday 13th December 19:45 - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Norwich City V Aston Villa Tuesday 13th December 19:45 - Page 3 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2

Norwich City V Aston Villa Tuesday 13th December 19:45 - Page 3 Empty Re: Norwich City V Aston Villa Tuesday 13th December 19:45

Post by Sandie Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:06 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Sandie, we knew the result as soon as we saw the team selection. Why do we go away to a team who have lost six out of the last seven games and make it easy for them? That wasn't just a bad day at the office, it was completely mental. We seem to have created yet another old boys club, where if you're a member then choose a comfy armchair and put your feet up.

Bruce has got too many mates .... he needs to start making a few enemies!

Spot on. I knew from the off that the decision to reintegrate Gabby was a big mistake. It wasn't all just about past crimes but the fact that it had became obvious that he was no longer and never could be the player that he once was. We often felt that RDM was very much a soft touch but he had a solid stance on Agbonlahor. Hopefully the scales have fallen tonight. I'd much rather see someone like RHM get chances.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Norwich City V Aston Villa Tuesday 13th December 19:45 - Page 3 Empty Re: Norwich City V Aston Villa Tuesday 13th December 19:45

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:36 pm

Bruce has done what most managers do when they take over a team. He's made it clear that he will judge players on what they do for him, not on what's happened previously.

Sadly this may work with other clubs but it won't work with Villa. We have a number of players who shouldn't be near the first team, but they are actually still playing and are continuing to repeat all the negatives that put us in the sh*t in the first place. Bruce should have analysed videos and reports from the last few months before he took over, to learn what every Villa fan already knows.

It's never too late, but time has been wasted.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:12 am

The anger and frustration indicated by both him and Doctor Tony suggests that there will almost certainly be some changes.

I'd not be surprised to see Tshibola come in from the cold. Maybe Bacuna back in the side as well.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:04 pm

Bruce should also be angry at himself and his assistant for getting things so obviously wrong. Mistakes are acceptable only if they're learn't from and not repeated.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:14 pm

Indeed. We got our selection incredibly wrong and then waited far, far too long to make changes.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:31 pm

Sandie wrote:Indeed. We got our selection incredibly wrong and then waited far, far too long to make changes.
Bruce needs to take charge of the training sessions again. Calderwood may be an excellent coach, but we have to get back to what we were doing before he joined us until we sign a decent midfield.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:09 pm

I hadn't considered that what we had been doing in training has changed with the addition of a new coach. It's a possible explanation but my feeling is that things are still down to the personnel on the pitch.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:23 pm

Sandie wrote:I hadn't considered that what we had been doing in training has changed with the addition of a new coach. It's a possible explanation but my feeling is that things are still down to the personnel on the pitch.
The team selection is a major contributor to our woes, but we have definitely changed our tactical approach since Calderwood's arrival.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3