www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AVFC Players senior through to U21s and beyond

3 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

AVFC Players senior through to U21s and beyond - Page 3 Empty Re: AVFC Players senior through to U21s and beyond

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:37 pm

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-striker-jonathan-kodjia-12916005

Kodjia gets a one game ban, so he can still try to get his twentieth goal of the season. He misses the derby though .... Silly boy!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

AVFC Players senior through to U21s and beyond - Page 3 Empty Re: AVFC Players senior through to U21s and beyond

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:25 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39660196

Best wishes to Ugo for a swift recovery.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:28 pm

Get well soon Ugo.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:45 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-striker-jonathan-kodjia-12916005

Kodjia gets a one game ban, so he can still try to get his twentieth goal of the season. He misses the derby though .... Silly boy!

I don't understand this at all. Either it's no ban or a three game ban for violent conduct? A one game ban just seems to be a sop to people pointing out that the ref missed the initial incident that Kodjia's kick was a retaliation to whilst simultaneously protecting the referee. The standard of refereeing in this division is desperately poor.

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:04 am

It should have been a yellow card for both players and a severe talking to. Poor refereeing and poor administrative interpretation of the law.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:39 am

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10844711/ugo-ehiogu-dies-aged-44-after-collapsing-at-tottenhams-training-ground

I'm sat here shocked and stunned. Life is so precious and yet sometimes so unfair. How can a man who was as superbly fit as Ugo, die at such a young age? My heart goes out to his family for their sudden and devastating loss.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:39 am

The tribute to Ugo yesterday was very well done by both Villa and Blues fans.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:45 pm

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gabby-agbonlahor-aston-villa-contract-12943071

June 2018!

This is too long already .... what the hell is SB doing dangling a contract extension in front of him ?!**!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:35 pm

I simply can't believe that he's still with the club, he came in useful on Sunday but two goals in over two years tell a tale of a player who has gone stale with us.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:15 am

Needing an over the hill 'has been' to come on and change a game for us, shows that we are no nearer solving our team problems.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:17 pm

I've been thinking about our playing squad. If you look at individual player's previous ability before they joined Villa, then we've got some decent players. If you add those out on loan in to the equation we have a more than useful squad. With a couple of quality additions we can go forward into next season in the Championship with the tools to do the promotion job.

But .... and there's always a big but with my opinions at the moment .... We have to rely on Steve Bruce getting the best out of these players as a team and a squad.

I've seen nothing to convince me that he and his coaching staff can change our style and philosophy, and I would be amazed if we start next season much more positively than our present apology for football.

Gil and Veretout have given up on Villa, but could we get the best out of them with the right management team and system of play?

I guess what I'm asking is .... Is it easier and more productive to change the manager (again) instead of continuing to change players ad hoc? Or do we keep Bruce in situ and accept more of the same, or at best a slight improvement on the current status quo?

Will a slight improvement get us promoted? I fear not.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:06 pm

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-citys-fate-aston-villas-12954167

This is a story about a discarded Villa player who only played for Villa first team 5 times. Jonathon Hogg has played 108 times for Huddersfield, has played 39 times for them this season despite a dangerous neck injury. He was captain when they secured their play off place against Wolves the other night.

I was a big fan of Hogg's when I used to follow the reserves. His attitude and 90 minute energy levels should have made him a fixture in a struggling Villa squad. As usual we adopted the "our home grown players aren't up to it" approach and got rid of him. It's been one of Villa's often repeated failings over the years.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:43 pm

Just how much money have we blown on midfielders whilst sinking below Hoggy's current club?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:57 am

We have regularly displayed a small club opinion of ourselves in regard to home grown players. "They're ours so they can't be as good as other club's players". We've had some good prospects in the past and we simply haven't wanted to trust them. As you say Sandie, it's cost us a fortune.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue May 02, 2017 3:44 pm

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next