www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AVFC Players senior through to U21s and beyond

3 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

AVFC Players senior through to U21s and beyond - Page 6 Empty Re: AVFC Players senior through to U21s and beyond

Post by Sandie Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:53 pm

Might we see Elmo on the wing rather than right back? Glenn Whelan also in today, am I being unfair in finding that very underwhelming?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

AVFC Players senior through to U21s and beyond - Page 6 Empty Re: AVFC Players senior through to U21s and beyond

Post by Sandie Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:05 pm

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:08 pm

Sandie wrote:Might we see Elmo on the wing rather than right back? Glenn Whelan also in today, am I being unfair in finding that very underwhelming?
Elmo on the wing in front of Hutton I think. They'll be tripping over each other at the oppositions corner flag.

Whelan will add grit, but he isn't one for the future. In fact not one of our four signings will have any sell on financial value whatsoever. Other teams are buying and improving younger players and will try to capitalise on it. We are desperately trying to give away our most talented young footballers, so that we can play with Dad's Army in claret and blue.

I've just seen your latest post Sandie .... make that 5 players with no sell on value (although Samba does come free) and he will fit in nicely with the Warmington on sea platoon of the Villa home guard under Captain Bruce. AVFC Players senior through to U21s and beyond - Page 6 3640643743
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:53 pm

Tish out on a season long loan to MK Dons.

A player we never really got much of a chance to see.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:27 pm

He is a going to be a good Championship player. We never seem to put our faith in our young signings, and they never get to play themselves into the team.

Have a good season Tish.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:30 pm

The kids have just beaten Tamworth 4-0. I'm not going to get excited because we do not value, nurture and reward our own young players. Since Gabby made the transition all those years ago who have we taken from a youth player to a nailed on long term first team player?

O'Hare, Doyle Hayes, Davis, Hepburn Murphy, Mitchell Clark all looked good tonight evidently, but what's the betting that our fear of youth, and our current penchant for old heads and even older legs will block the development of some very promising players yet again?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:10 pm

I'm really liking the look of Doyle-Hayes from his outings in pre-season, was also impressed by Keinan Davis last season against Brighton. Would like to think that the conscious move to bring in old heads would be to bring those players on. Why am I not holding my breath?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:39 pm

Onomah has been confirmed. Straight into Saturday's team?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:57 pm

This boy looks like he can play a bit: https://youtu.be/7dW6R-jmu1w

Doesn't seem much like a Grealish replacement but more like the type of player I thought we were getting when Lansbury signed. He looks strong with a decent burst of pace and a good eye for a pass.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:13 pm

He has very decent composure for such a young footballer his weight of pass seems very accurate and his passing style seems progressive. Could prove a very decent addition
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:55 pm

What must Hourihane be thinking? Bacuna started instead of him, and then both Green and Onamah came on in the second half while he sat on the bench. Mind boggling!

Our best set piece taker, assister and potential midfield goalscorer is now 4th choice .... get a grip Steve!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:13 pm

Can see him getting moved on before the end of the month. Why on earth did Bruce sign him when it's so obvious he doesn't fit Bruce's tactics?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:52 pm

Sandie wrote:Can see him getting moved on before the end of the month. Why on earth did Bruce sign him when it's so obvious he doesn't fit Bruce's tactics?
I think it's becoming clear that Round and Wyness bought Hourihane. It seems that Bruce doesn't have any use for Hourihane's style of football, which is disappointing.

Wyness indicated that he knew we had to play "attractive attacking football" in order to score the 80 plus goals that we need to get promoted this season. Dr. Tony tweeted after the match that there was something worrying that he though we had sorted, which re appeared yesterday and needs dealing with. Does that mean that Bruce is at odds with the owner and senior management over our negative playing style, or are we talking about the players not taking chances?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:50 pm

I don't think it is the playing style that DR T was referring to, as he confirmed in a separate tweet that he was adamant that tactically we hadn't tried to intentionally defend a 1-0 lead. I think he is referring to the lack of mental toughness, clearly being the better side but not being mentally strong enough to go on to win games in a comfortable manner. Included in that is being able to convert chances when he says they felt like they addressed the issues, he would be referring to the fact that bringing players such as Terry and Whelan they would have brought much more focus to the group so that they shouldn't have long periods where they effectively stop playing. Between 35 and 69 mins, we didn't have a single shot on target. How can that be when we had dominated so much in the first half? He would have felt like I would, that with Terry in the side that Terry's influence would guard against us not caving in once a team has a few attacks against us.
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:03 pm

Jim Villan wrote:I don't think it is the playing style that DR T was referring to, as he confirmed in a separate tweet that he was adamant that tactically we hadn't tried to intentionally defend a 1-0 lead. I think he is referring to the lack of mental toughness,  clearly being the better side but not being mentally strong enough to go on to win games in a comfortable manner. Included in that is being able to convert chances when he says they felt like they addressed the issues, he would be referring to the fact that bringing players such as Terry and Whelan they would have brought much more focus to the group so that they shouldn't have long periods where they effectively stop playing. Between 35 and 69 mins, we didn't have a single shot on target. How can that be when we had dominated so much in the first half? He would have felt like I would, that with Terry in the side that Terry's influence would guard against us not caving in once a team has a few attacks against us.
I actually saw Bruce push Bacuna back along side Whelan at the half hour mark. His vocals were impressive and his gestures were unmistakeable.

I believe that he allowed the players to keep pressing after the first goal, but when we hadn't added to our lead by thirty minutes he started to look really agitated and reverted "to "what we have we hold" mode. It kills us every time, but Bruce doesn't seem able to help himself. What is worse is that after the match he acts as if it's the player's collective decision to drop deep and try and see the game out, and nothing to do with him!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next