www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aston Villa v Sunderland .... 7.45pm Tuesday 21st November.

2 posters

Go down

Aston Villa v Sunderland .... 7.45pm Tuesday 21st November. Empty Aston Villa v Sunderland .... 7.45pm Tuesday 21st November.

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:13 pm

Which Villa will turn up tonight?

The swashbuckling confident one, or the "Sunderland are a big club" brigade?

I know this has to be three points to Villa against the worst team in the league, but I don't have confidence in our ability to convince ourselves that we're the better team, and then play like that for 90 minutes.

What's it going to be guys?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v Sunderland .... 7.45pm Tuesday 21st November. Empty Re: Aston Villa v Sunderland .... 7.45pm Tuesday 21st November.

Post by Sandie Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:17 pm

Aston Villa v Sunderland .... 7.45pm Tuesday 21st November. Dplva410

Unchanged by the likes of things.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v Sunderland .... 7.45pm Tuesday 21st November. Empty Re: Aston Villa v Sunderland .... 7.45pm Tuesday 21st November.

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:05 pm

Hmm, definite defensive old heads set up. No O'Hare on the bench .... I wonder if he's injured or if his youth is against him?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:43 pm

We're winning 1-0 after an early tap in by Adomah but our football is very poor according to commentary. Two bad teams playing rubbish, but Villa are ahead even though we're being possessionally dominated at home!

Where's your pride lads? Aston Villa v Sunderland .... 7.45pm Tuesday 21st November. 205019816
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:03 pm

2-0 up. Looks like a routine win against a poor side lacking in confidence.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:16 pm

We won because Sunderland were awful. It wasn't because we were good. Three points (or at least one for not losing) seems to be all Bruce is interested in, and we have to hope that it's enough to get us through this very long season. There was no coaching associated with what we did at VP this evening.

Tonight's Villa display will only get us points while the opposition is as bad as Sunderland. I'm happy with the win .... but nothing else.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:27 am

I want to see signs that we're being coached properly, but I'm seeing no improvement, no increased competency. We're struggling through to wins and fair enough the table doesn't care whether it was three good points or three rubbish points. The problem is that the way we bumble through games we're only ever a mistake away from chucking points down the drain! This isn't how I hoped we'd play this season.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down