www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sherwood SACKED

+8
Sandie
GadgetMan
villabromsgrove
Morddred
avfcff1982
gdav
Liberty
Chris Harte
12 posters

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Should Sherwood be sacked as Villa Manager?

Sherwood SACKED - Page 18 I_vote_lcap82%Sherwood SACKED - Page 18 Empty 82% 
[ 9 ]
Sherwood SACKED - Page 18 I_vote_lcap18%Sherwood SACKED - Page 18 Empty 18% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 11

Sherwood SACKED - Page 18 Empty Re: Sherwood SACKED

Post by GadgetMan Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:24 pm

Tim Sherwood breaks silence on Aston Villa FC - Official sacking
STATEMENT:
"I am very disappointed that I will not be able to carry on in my role as manager of Aston Villa. I knew when I took on the role that it would be a big challenge, but it proved to be one I greatly enjoyed and I know I have learned a lot from this experience. Obviously, the initial priority was to stay in the Premier League, but beating Liverpool in the FA Cup semi at Wembley and then leading the team out for the Final was an achievement and experience that I will treasure for the rest of my career.
"I'd like to thank my coaching staff and the staff throughout the club for their dedication, the Villa fans for their passionate support and the players, who gave everything during my time at the club. I wish the club all the best for the rest of the season and indeed for the future."
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:28 pm

That's a nice statement (through gritted teeth no doubt) and it says "now can I have my 2 million pounds compensation please, as I haven't slagged off the club".
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:30 pm

I see he's got a new job already. Very Happy
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:40 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:That's a nice statement (through gritted teeth no doubt) and it says "now can I have my 2 million pounds compensation please, as I haven't slagged off the club".

Thought he'd take the money and keep quiet, probably best all round to be honest. Best he stays away from any cameras for a while. A pre-prepared statement is very different to a microphone and live questions. I'd be delightfully nice about Lerner for a bit of cash Very Happy
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:40 pm

Sandie wrote:I see he's got a new job already. Very Happy

Haha!! very funny!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:27 pm

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:29 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34728650

I bet Sherwood will be installed there before long. Considering how badly they've been ran the past few lines he'd fit right in.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:05 am

Sandie wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34728650

I bet Sherwood will be installed there before long. Considering how badly they've been ran the past few lines he'd fit right in.
Wouldn't he want to bring in Ramsey as his assistant? Very Happy
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:09 am

Sandie wrote:http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/aston-villa-sack-tim-sherwood-a-victory-for-business-over-entertainment-a6710466.html

They miss out that this season Sherwood's Villa had been about as exciting as root canal work.
I think the author of this piece has not watched Villa since the Liverpool semi final last season. He seems to believe that Sherwood was good at his job, except for winning matches of course.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:24 pm

Hilarious if they do (QPR) give Sherwood the job and he immediately employs Ramsay as his assistant. He'll have to work under a DOF (les Ferdinand too) ha!

A perfect match I'd say. A a bigger mess of a club than us. He can go on and prove how great he is now, it's probably his level in truth. I wonder whether Ramsay as his assistant here Would have made any difference at all?
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:29 pm

GadgetMan wrote:Hilarious if they do (QPR) give Sherwood the job and he immediately employs Ramsay as his assistant. He'll have to work under a DOF (les Ferdinand too) ha!

A perfect match I'd say. A a bigger mess of a club than us. He can go on and prove how great he is now, it's probably his level in truth. I wonder whether Ramsay as his assistant here Would have made any difference at all?
Ramsey may have improved the coaching, but he wouldn't have had any impact on Sherwood's arrogance, and that was a major problem.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:54 pm

GadgetMan wrote:Hilarious if they do (QPR) give Sherwood the job and he immediately employs Ramsay as his assistant. He'll have to work under a DOF (les Ferdinand too) ha!

And they've got Neil Warnock in as a consultant or something like that. Would be a recipe for disaster.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:00 pm

Sandie wrote:

And they've got Neil Warnock in as a consultant or something like that. Would be a recipe for disaster.

Kind of why I want to see ot happen. Al his media pals can stop digging at villa then and painting him out as the ultimate victim in this and see him for what he really is a very very average coach that has a bit of swagger and blagged his way into two top jobs (albeit, neither were for long)
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:57 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3309065/Tim-Sherwood-admits-owner-Randy-Lerner-final-say-signings-Aston-Villa.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Tim Sherwood has revealed that he did not have the 'final say' on signing players during his time in charge of Aston Villa.

Sherwood was sacked as manager last month after six defeats in a row had left Villa stranded in the Premier League relegation zone.

And the 46-year-old has now given a revealing insight into how transfers at the club were decided by a committee with owner Randy Lerner having the final say.

Sherwood told beIN Sports: 'There was a committee, which I was part of — so I had a say in the players I wanted to bring into the football club.

'We ended up signing 12 players, although there was a lot more players given to the committee than 12, and we ended up with what we ended up with.

'I believe that those players in time will be good players for the football club, but when you bring in a lot of players from other countries that have not played and experienced the Premier League before, the competitive nature of it, it is going to take time.

'I certainly had a say, but the final say? It was more of a combined collective decision and ultimately the man who puts his hand in his pocket is the one who has to make that decision.

'Randy Lerner has spent an awful lot of his money at that football club for a long, long period of time.'

New boss Remi Garde takes charge of his first game on Sunday as bottom-of-the-table Villa host leaders Manchester City.

Garde admitted earlier this week that he has spoken to Lerner and chief executive Tom Fox about their January transfer plans.

He said: 'We had this kind of discussion, but for the moment this is not the priority. I'm not silly, I know that in January it's a transfer window and until then I will have the time to evaluate the players.

'We will also have the time to win games. We would have played 10 games by then and I think if we need something the owner will be behind me.'

I find it curious he's saying Lerner had the final say, unless it was 'X is too expensive and won't have enough of a resale value' which, to be honest, is perfectly normal for the owner to do.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:13 pm

He's already giving his image a bit of a makeover .... nuffink to do wiv me guvnor!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next