www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sherwood SACKED

+8
Sandie
GadgetMan
villabromsgrove
Morddred
avfcff1982
gdav
Liberty
Chris Harte
12 posters

Page 7 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Go down

Should Sherwood be sacked as Villa Manager?

Sherwood SACKED - Page 7 I_vote_lcap82%Sherwood SACKED - Page 7 Empty 82% 
[ 9 ]
Sherwood SACKED - Page 7 I_vote_lcap18%Sherwood SACKED - Page 7 Empty 18% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 11

Sherwood SACKED - Page 7 Empty Re: Sherwood SACKED

Post by GadgetMan Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:42 pm

Sandie wrote:There's no question in my mind that Lerner is the big problem at the club. He's the reason for the malaise the club has suffered ever since O'Neill walked out. The reason we bob around the lower reaches of the league and have come to be pretty poorly run. I don't think he's going to go easy, he needs to find a buyer first and get over the fact that the other members of the family trust want him to get rid of his toy. Sherwood is, however, the immediate issue. He's not getting results and the club might stand a better chance of staying in the division under a more experienced manager.

I think he'll be thinking very carefully about how to protect his reputation, possibly even thinking to his next job in management. In a way this club, with it's long standing problems, could be spun as the wrong job for him at this time and there would be no shame in that for him. What there will be shame in is if people remember him for his 'I don't know my best team' comments and tactical ineptitude so far.

What is telling is that the criticism in the articles has revolved around a 'recruitment team' (Paddy Reilly and Henrik Almstadt) who doubtlessly make an easier target than Fox or Lerner who obviously have the power to hire and fire.

It will be interesting to know just what remit Almstadt has and how close he was when both were at Arsenal. When things are good, I'm sure He and Tim work on a similat level and both report to Fox, I wonder whether Fox is seeking feedback on Sherwoods performance from his two 'performance analysts'?
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:41 pm

You'd like to think so, surely they will be able to identify what's been going wrong. Indeed, these stories about club strategy might be Sherwood trying to have his say back after that.

villabromsgrove wrote:Sky are reporting that Sunderland are in talks with Sam Allardyce, and hope to make him their manager over the weekend. His sole target will be to keep them in the Premier League.

My feeling is that the two North East clubs will get their shit together before us. Sunderland bringing in Fat Sam and Newcastle having an easier run of games will see to that. Tim needs to pull things together (as he's obviously going to remain in-situ for a few games yet) PDQ.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:00 pm

I disagree with it but this is an interesting read: http://avillafan.com/site/20185/should-sherwood-be-sacked/

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:23 pm

Sandie wrote:I disagree with it but this is an interesting read: http://avillafan.com/site/20185/should-sherwood-be-sacked/

If you read the bit about the author, it's hard to give this piece any credence. He's a 17 lad from Devon who's only seen Villa play once this season and that was against Man City! (really scratch ) He's also keen to watch us more this season now that we're playing good football! clown

I don't mind how young Villa bloggers are, but knowing what you're talking about is a minimum requirement surely.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:02 pm

He had me until he said "If for some odd reason Tim is sacked" Now we can all differ on if he should get sacked, but I think none of us would see it as 'odd' if he was....would we?

I like the sentiment though and as a piece I admire the positivity. I kind of hope when he says I've only seen them once this season he means 'live' at VP or else he's in for a shock when he does see us next as it's certainly not attractive football Sherwood SACKED - Page 7 4228407797
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:37 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:If you read the bit about the author, it's hard to give this piece any credence. He's a 17 lad from Devon who's only seen Villa play once this season and that was against Man City! (really scratch ) He's also keen to watch us more this season now that we're playing good football! clown

I'm not sure the bio is up to date, that said, I can't quite remember the last time we played good football!

I thought it would be nice for us to read a different take, from someone with a pro-Sherwood point of view. Have to admit though, I started to scratch my head at the bit where he said Sherwood should get three seasons. I assume that means results depending!

Allardyce confirmed as Sunderland boss, so that's one possible replacement we can chalk off.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:06 pm

I was a bit hard on the lad, but his opinion is so far away from the reality of our season so far (in my opinion).
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:58 pm

I think how we view the reality of this season depends on whether we view Tim Sherwood as someone who's learning to be a manager or a blagger/charlatan who is fortunate to have been handed management opportunities at two big clubs. I was in the first camp before Stoke but have moved, somewhat, towards the second since.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:13 pm

I think I still sit in the "He's learning to be a football manager camp" however he definitely has his own interests firmly in the forefront and more importantly we don't need someone who's' learning, we need the real deal. A professional, not his apprentice.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:22 pm

Ps Smart appoitment by Sunderland. Sam will do well there and I think they will be safe this season, which spells bad news for us, as I fear we may be relying on 3 worse teams than ourselves unless we make the change at some point. Ancelotti please. Come on Randy, if ever there was a time to speculate to accumulate, it is now. With all the TV money at stake, you can't as a 'seller' avoid to drop out of the EPL. Go and get a manager with pedigree and pay him/convince him to turn this once great club around.

Who knows you might actually sell us in the process...
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:34 pm

GadgetMan wrote:I think I still sit in the "He's learning to be a football manager camp" however he definitely has his own interests firmly in the forefront and more importantly we don't need someone who's' learning, we need the real deal. A professional, not his apprentice.  
I think you and Sandie are both right in your descriptions of Sherwood. The one thing that I'm certain of is that Tim Sherwood's loyalty is to himself not the club. How often do we here him mention what "Tim Sherwood" can do, or what TS needs, and how many times have you heard him mention Aston Villa?

TS is a lucky guy to have persuaded Tom Fox that he was the real deal, when he had nothing to back up his self belief. Now that the self belief is leaking away, we're left with a hollow shell of a manager.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:37 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:I think I still sit in the "He's learning to be a football manager camp" however he definitely has his own interests firmly in the forefront and more importantly we don't need someone who's' learning, we need the real deal. A professional, not his apprentice.  
I think you and Sandie are both right in your descriptions of Sherwood. The one thing that I'm certain of is that Tim Sherwood's loyalty is to himself not the club. How often do we here him mention what "Tim Sherwood" can do, or what TS needs, and how many times have you heard him mention Aston Villa?

TS is a lucky guy to have persuaded Tom Fox that he was the real deal, when he had nothing to back up his self belief. Now that the self belief is leaking away, we're left with a hollow shell of a manager.

Pretty much sums it up VB. His biggest asset appears to be his own self belief, now he's lost that, he offers very little. Let's hope he gets it back pretty soon or Fox realises what we already know and gets rid.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:02 pm

GadgetMan wrote:Ps Smart appoitment by Sunderland. Sam will do well there and I think they will be safe this season, which spells bad news for us, as I fear we may be relying on 3 worse teams than ourselves unless we make the change at some point. Ancelotti please. Come on Randy, if ever there was a time to speculate to accumulate, it is now. With all the TV money at stake, you can't as a 'seller' avoid to drop out of the EPL. Go and get a manager with pedigree and pay him/convince him to turn this once great club around.

Who knows you might actually sell us in the process...

In Summer, I started to think that he was taking a 'speculate to accumulate' approach. Lots of players being brought in, Sherwood blustering about 'no more relegation battles' and I started to think this was in order to make the club a more attractive prospect for a sale but our business fizzled out and I don't have to say how badly this season has gone so far. Looking at us now, I don't think anyone could find it an attractive purchase and any prospective purchaser will no doubt have ran to the hills. There is no doubt in my mind that Lerner will be starting to panic about his investment. He wants out and he'll want a decent price, but he's not going to that as things stand and will take a massive hit if we get relegated.

There are actually not many poor teams in the league this season so I can't see all three of ourselves, Newcastle or Sunderland getting out of it which is very worrying indeed.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:41 pm

gdav
gdav
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:42 pm

I'd say leaking stories of how it's not his squad might of bitten him in the arse.
gdav
gdav
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 19  Next