www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aston Villa V Leicester City: Saturday 16th January at 5:30PM

3 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

What will happen against Leicester?

Aston Villa V Leicester City: Saturday 16th January at 5:30PM - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%Aston Villa V Leicester City: Saturday 16th January at 5:30PM - Page 4 Empty 0% 
[ 0 ]
Aston Villa V Leicester City: Saturday 16th January at 5:30PM - Page 4 I_vote_lcap50%Aston Villa V Leicester City: Saturday 16th January at 5:30PM - Page 4 Empty 50% 
[ 1 ]
Aston Villa V Leicester City: Saturday 16th January at 5:30PM - Page 4 I_vote_lcap50%Aston Villa V Leicester City: Saturday 16th January at 5:30PM - Page 4 Empty 50% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 2

Poll closed

Aston Villa V Leicester City: Saturday 16th January at 5:30PM - Page 4 Empty Re: Aston Villa V Leicester City: Saturday 16th January at 5:30PM

Post by Sandie Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:36 pm

Back on to the game, I think it was a decent point considering the opposition (though they had far from a vintage performance) and some of the refereeing decisions. We need wins but that point and the manner of it should improve confidence. I still think this team lacks an identity but maybe we'll see more of it as the January window progresses and confidence grows.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa V Leicester City: Saturday 16th January at 5:30PM - Page 4 Empty Re: Aston Villa V Leicester City: Saturday 16th January at 5:30PM

Post by Sandie Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:02 pm

Lot of pundits talking about Gestede as if he's the answer to our problems. Obviously they've not been watching us much (if it all). Gestede is an option we can deploy but god help us if he's the answer.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:27 am

Sandie wrote:Back on to the game, I think it was a decent point considering the opposition (though they had far from a vintage performance) and some of the refereeing decisions. We need wins but that point and the manner of it should improve confidence. I still think this team lacks an identity but maybe we'll see more of it as the January window progresses and confidence grows.
Leicester are top of the league and we made them look second best .... Palace are 8th and we outplayed them (in my opinion).

This is the team that Lerner/Fox has written off, and is now thinking of rebuilding in the Championship. Austin signed for Southampton for 4 million, and we weren't interested in bidding. Why? Wages! Lerner has destroyed Villa through his obsession with wages, and it continues.

We needn't suffer the catastrophic results of relegation, but we will because we have nobody but our first team coach who knows anything about football.

Frustrating isn't it.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:35 pm

We need to be able to score more than the odd lucky goal. A striker has to be our major priority, along with a quality winger.

We also need to bring our own referee to games like Leicester did!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:52 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:This is the team that Lerner/Fox has written off, and is now thinking of rebuilding in the Championship. Austin signed for Southampton for 4 million, and we weren't interested in bidding. Why? Wages! Lerner has destroyed Villa through his obsession with wages, and it continues.

We needn't suffer the catastrophic results of relegation, but we will because we have nobody but our first team coach who knows anything about football.

Frustrating isn't it.

It is. The players and manager have got the corpse twisting but my feeling is that if we are to do a Lazarus these guys will be doing it in spite of Lerner and Fox.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4