www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer 2015 Transfer Window

+13
The Bald Eagle
Joelleen
lukevilla
Kimbo
Sandie
Leafs1201
Jim Villan
gdav
Liberty
Stratfordvilla
South London Villan
Morddred
stevieg179avfc
17 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Summer 2015 Transfer Window Empty Summer 2015 Transfer Window

Post by GadgetMan Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:35 pm

This thread will stay open until the window closes. We'll also be having a Deadline Day Special (Yellow Tie optional) Get involved.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Summer 2015 Transfer Window Empty Re: Summer 2015 Transfer Window

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:05 pm

Lescott and Keita have been rumoured, also a keeper from Malaga. Do you think we'll sign any more players in the next ten days?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimbo Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:39 pm

I do. The Adebayor situation makes me think there is still more business to be done in that area of the field, and I do feel like a defender may well come in - possibly an older head, which is no bad thing; even if they're not starting every week, the right player could be priceless in the dressing room and on the training pitch. Which, incidentally, is why I wanted us to sign Cambiasso, but, oh well!
Kimbo
Kimbo
Private
Private

http://www.basementnoise.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:45 pm

Kimbo wrote:I do. The Adebayor situation makes me think there is still more business to be done in that area of the field, and I do feel like a defender may well come in - possibly an older head, which is no bad thing; even if they're not starting every week, the right player could be priceless in the dressing room and on the training pitch. Which, incidentally, is why I wanted us to sign Cambiasso, but, oh well!
Cambiasso would have been good for us, but the moment that I read that he wasn't sure whether he wanted to play or coach this season the alarm bells started ringing. A fully committed Cambiasso yes .... unsure Cambiasso no.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:14 pm

I'm convinced we will get both Adebayor and Lescott, they will add considerable EPL experience to our squad.

What else do we need?
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg179avfc Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:45 pm

I think today proved we still need a goal scorer with premiership quality. I hate to say but gabby is faltering far too much now Sad . There are quite a few strikers out there who I think could make an impact....looking at the way Austin plays does reminds me very much of Holte end hero Withe!..... he does lack pace and skill however he scores goals which we need so bad.... as for pace well I think Adama has enough for everyone judging on his cameo!! Can anyone else think of anyone who is a goal scorer and would fit into the team well?? Summer 2015 Transfer Window 205019816
stevieg179avfc
stevieg179avfc
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:18 pm

stevieg179avfc wrote:I think today proved we still need a goal scorer with premiership quality. I hate to say but gabby is faltering far too much now Sad . There are quite a few strikers out there who I think could make an impact....looking at the way Austin plays does reminds me very much of Holte end hero Withe!..... he does lack pace and skill however he scores goals which we need so bad.... as for pace well I think Adama has enough for everyone judging on his cameo!! Can anyone else think of anyone who is a goal scorer and would fit into the team well?? Summer 2015 Transfer Window 205019816

I'd love Austin, however I still think Adebayor will come (on Loan) and he will fit the 4-3-2-1 System TS seems to want to play IF it's the EA that Tim got playing before. If not, there is that Lazio striker we are linked with? Would love Afobe, but he won't be sold, maybe we could sweeten the deal by offering them a few people on Loan?

We need another option for RB and possibly a CB, what else?
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:19 pm

We need an out and out goal scorer but then so do a number of teams, and there aren't enough to go round. Although strikers should be queueing up to join Villa after that cameo by Adama. A fox in the box would fill his boots! Summer 2015 Transfer Window 205019816
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:04 am

What do we think about Sherwood saying that we've got to sell to generate the funds to buy? Is he telling porkies again to make it easier to do deals, or has Randy still not learned that you can't ALMOST get the job done, and fail to get the last couple of pieces of the jigsaw.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:19 am

I think Sherwood will definitely try to bring in a CB. You could argue that all three goals that we've conceded this season were from defensive errors.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:46 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:I think Sherwood will definitely try to bring in a CB. You could argue that all three goals that we've conceded this season were from defensive errors.

Lescott would be perfect for the CB spot and I wouldn't be surprised if we get a striker (Adebayor is my guess) and a GK or RB from Malaga, we've had both TS and scouts there in recent weeks.

Re funds, we've actually spent 1/2m NET so RL hasn't really invested (I guess he's allowed the money made to be invested, but I don't see the two as the same thing, he's very much a man that doesn't want to spend anymore of his cash) I think we will utilise the loan market for two players and possibly purchase one seeing a net spend of 10m.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:05 pm

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/aston-villa/transfers/verein/405/saison_id/2015

Take a look at this link. Generally considered reliable re fees. We have a net spend of 200k. Time to dig into your pockets Lerner!!!

Edit: Taking into account Genk's sell on fee was about 4.5m, We've spent nearly 5m
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:11 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:I think Sherwood will definitely try to bring in a CB. You could argue that all three goals that we've conceded this season were from defensive errors.

Lescott would be perfect for the CB spot and I wouldn't be surprised if we get a striker (Adebayor is my guess) and a GK or RB from Malaga, we've had both TS and scouts there in recent weeks.

Re funds, we've actually spent 1/2m NET so RL hasn't really invested (I guess he's allowed the money made to be invested, but I don't see the two as the same thing, he's very much a man that doesn't want to spend anymore of his cash) I think we will utilise the loan market for two players and possibly purchase one seeing a net spend of 10m.
You're probably right, but it's a shame that Lerner seems incapable of understanding that we need to spend 14/15 million approx on a player to get a nailed on first team starter. Newcastle, West Ham even West Brom know this along with other mid table clubs. We're close to being a good team, Someone like Charlie Austin would just be a common sense buy, not an extravagance.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimbo Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:39 pm

A centre-back and a centre-forward are absolutely needed IMO. Ideally they'll also be experienced, and Premier League ready. For me I'd like Okore with a new CB, and to move Richards to RB, but for reasons that I see no justification of, it isn't happening, so I'll give up hoping there.
Kimbo
Kimbo
Private
Private

http://www.basementnoise.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:04 pm

The Adebayor thing is interesting, it went very quiet amid claims that he was trying to force a move to another club or something. Sherwood then said it was off the table but we might go back in for him. Wouldn't be surprised if he was brought in though I think it depends on how keen he is to get games. He might be happy just to pick up a paycheck at Spurs.

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next