www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transfer Deadline Day with CABA One thread for all discussion for the day.

+9
Kimbo
Chris Harte
avfcff1982
danclare82
GadgetMan
South London Villan
Jimmycarr
Stratfordvilla
Jim Villan
13 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Transfer Deadline Day with CABA One thread for all discussion for the day.  Empty Transfer Deadline Day with CABA One thread for all discussion for the day.

Post by GadgetMan Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:08 am

As the headline says, let's use this thread for just the day for all chat (let's face it, most of it will be centred around transfers) So be it rumours, gossip, Villa, not Vila, it can all go in here. Let's have a bit of fun with it Transfer Deadline Day with CABA One thread for all discussion for the day.  1181516461

It's 5am and we're open......(I possibly may go back to bed  Transfer Deadline Day with CABA One thread for all discussion for the day.  3640643743

Happy Deadline Day.....

Let's have keep all the rumours, sightings of players at airports,
Training grounds, in fact any gossip for the next 13 hours in here.

Predictions?! I'm feeling optimistic, so 3 in and 3 out (Timothy pushing the message that we need to finish what we've started to RL and TF)

Lescott, Adebayor (loan) and a surprise name IN (possibly loan too)

Nzogbia, Richardson and Baker on loan.

Over to you, what do you reckon will happen today? As wildly optimistic as me or going for less in order to not get your hopes up? Transfer Deadline Day with CABA One thread for all discussion for the day.  2182316234 Transfer Deadline Day with CABA One thread for all discussion for the day.  2107990806 Transfer Deadline Day with CABA One thread for all discussion for the day.  4228407797

Last edited by GadgetMan on Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Transfer Deadline Day with CABA One thread for all discussion for the day.  Empty Re: Transfer Deadline Day with CABA One thread for all discussion for the day.

Post by Jim Villan Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:20 am

I'm a bit gutted if West Ham sign Adebayor as I definately think he's got a lot to offer, If that happens I guess its a case of Geography being against us.

Rumours of Berbatov incoming- whats everyones thoughts- Trying to look at this positively, he is different to our other strikers and can link up with out technical midfielders..............barrel and scraping come to mind. Always thought that Berbatov was a wonderful player to watch, very gifted and very lazy also. Surely at 35 hes over the hill, although he's never partiiculary had pace........?
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Transfer Deadline Day with CABA One thread for all discussion for the day.  Empty Re: Transfer Deadline Day with CABA One thread for all discussion for the day.

Post by Jimmycarr Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:30 am

SSN just saying Palade have rejected "stupid bid" from us for Dwight Gayle. Presume it'll be Berbatov and Lescott for us then, would be happy with that, throw in a GK and I'm more than happy!
Jimmycarr
Jimmycarr
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:37 am

I'll be VERY surprised if we sign Berbatov VERY.

I still think we're in for Adebayor. Don't get the Dwight Gayle link? Think he's a red Herring whilst we go quietly for someone else. Possibly to put pressure on another club/player.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmycarr Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:40 am

Sounds like you're worried about that tenner mate Wink have a feeling/kinda hope we'll sign someone way out of left field that has been on no ones radar whatsoever. Only reason I mentioned Berba is seemingly he was spotted being collected from Brum airport by Petrov this morning, take that all with a pinch of salt though.
Jimmycarr
Jimmycarr
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Stratfordvilla Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:40 am

Think Berbatov would be ok, not inspiring, but as JV said he was never reliant on pace so his age is less of a concern. We need a cf more than any other position, if we don't get one in it could be a difficult few months. Ade will go to London. Austin still available!

Stratfordvilla
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:04 am

Jimmycarr wrote:Sounds like you're worried about that tenner mate Wink have a feeling/kinda hope we'll sign someone way out of left field that has been on no ones radar whatsoever. Only reason I mentioned Berba is seemingly he was spotted being collected from Brum airport by Petrov this morning, take that all with a pinch of salt though.

Nah still think Ade could be heading to us. As of last night we were in pole position. Let's see. Last day is nuts, so anything could happen. A left field signing wouldn't surprise me.

What's with Gayle? If weve bid a silly amount, why today? I don't buy it and I don't rate him either. He's a palace reject, we need to aim higher than that. Same with Berbatov, best days long long gone. I'll support anyone we sign, however not impressed by either of these two.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:07 am

Sky reporting WHU SIGN Alex Song. Hasn't that already happened? Typical sky bigging up their deadline day.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmycarr Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:10 am

Austin is not going to happen, that's my gut feeling, Lescott is as good as done and dusted, Ade or Berba not a clue and anyone else is just pulling names out of a hat but we 100% need a striker and every man and their dog knows that.
Thank god my hols kick off at half 6, will need it after all this!
Jimmycarr
Jimmycarr
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:24 am

Jimmycarr wrote:Austin is not going to happen, that's my gut feeling, Lescott is as good as done and dusted, Ade or Berba not a clue and anyone else is just pulling names out of a hat but we 100% need a striker and every man and their dog knows that.
Thank god my hols kick off at half 6, will need it after all this!

If Austin happens I'll be amazed. Lescott we can tick off as done. Just leaves a striker. For me Gayle or Berbatov isn't the answer, expect a few twist and turns before 6pm haha!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:25 am

I guess today is the day that we find out whether Lerner has learnt anything about the requirements of playing and staying in the Premier League?

You need to make a suitable bid and offer proper wages to a striker and CB Randy .... it's not rocket science!

The alternative is to play at least half a season with second choice strikers, who may well not score enough goals to keep us away from the relegation zone, and carry on with a dodgy defence that will give away goals, which our current strikers maybe unable to replace quickly enough.

I think that just about covers it. Very Happy
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:33 am

Sky Sports News now using FM database to compare players. Brilliant haha!!!

If West Ham are to sign Ade, it will have to be a perm deal as they have two loans with Jenkinson and Moses.

Watched SSN for last hour and a half. No mention of Berbatov
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:35 am

villabromsgrove wrote:I guess today is the day that we find out whether Lerner has learnt anything about the requirements of playing and staying in the Premier League?

You need to make a suitable bid and offer proper wages to a striker and CB Randy .... it's not rocket science!

The alternative is to play at least half a season with second choice strikers, who may well not score enough goals to keep us away from the relegation zone, and carry on with a dodgy defence that will give away goals, which our current strikers maybe unable to replace quickly enough.

I think that just about covers it. Very Happy

My views on Lerner are not for this thread. I'll say this. Lerner has very little intention of spending any of his own cash, so expect the latter or loans IMO!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:36 am

Whatever you have to say guys, say it on this one thread today. If you're wearing your lucky Villa boxers, we want to hear about it here! Transfer Deadline Day with CABA One thread for all discussion for the day.  205019816
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Villan Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:36 am

I'm utterly baffled by the fact that nobody has bid the required amount for Austin, in a transfer window thats more important than ever due to TV revenue increases, you would have thought, buying somebody who scored the amount of goals he did last season, that it would be a no brainer. It just amazes me! STRANGE surely he will move somewhere today. If its not Villa which im sure it wont be I will be very bitter.
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next