www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transfer Deadline Day with CABA One thread for all discussion for the day.

+9
Kimbo
Chris Harte
avfcff1982
danclare82
GadgetMan
South London Villan
Jimmycarr
Stratfordvilla
Jim Villan
13 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Transfer Deadline Day with CABA One thread for all discussion for the day.  - Page 7 Empty Re: Transfer Deadline Day with CABA One thread for all discussion for the day.

Post by South London Villan Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:27 pm

Adebayor wants £5 million to leave Spurs and Levy wont pay.
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Transfer Deadline Day with CABA One thread for all discussion for the day.  - Page 7 Empty Re: Transfer Deadline Day with CABA One thread for all discussion for the day.

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:32 pm

South London Villan wrote:Adebayor wants £5 million to leave Spurs and Levy wont pay.
That's more than Ady will earn in wages from Spurs in the remaining ten months of his career. If true that's crazy!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimbo Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:40 pm

I really thought we'd get a striker in today, even on loan. Bit disappointed. Not devastated or panicking, but disappointed and a little concerned.
Kimbo
Kimbo
Private
Private

http://www.basementnoise.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:48 pm

I'll start shaking my head in just over 10 minutes time.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:07 pm

Paperwork for Ilori signed just in time apparantly...

Surprised to see Bennett going to Bournemouth on loan. A higher level than I'd expect. Is it with a view to a permanent move?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafs1201 Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:10 pm

Forget all the early transfer activity as that was using the Benteke & snake money, now look at the outlay by Lerner himself against what's coming in from the TV money, absolutely pathetic by Lerner, we are crying out for someone to come in and replace Benteke's goals and we've got nobody capable of doing that, Gabby, Ayew, Gestede will be lucky to get 15 between them all season, the teams that we'll be fighting with against relegation have all added firepower to their squads, I've no doubt that Lerner wouldn't back Sherwood to get a £12-15M striker and once again he's proved himself to be the main problem at AVFC.

RANT OVER...now off to put the toys back in the pram lol.
Leafs1201
Leafs1201
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Harte Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:24 pm

I simply cannot get excited about Lescott.

I already wasn't keen on him and now that a Baggie at work has told me he was on £70k p/w (I'm sceptical of this, but it brought his likely wage into focus for me) I'm even less keen.

If I'm meant to feel grateful that a Villa "fan" has signed for us when he's old, slow and almost knackered then I'm not.

Chris Harte
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafs1201 Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:31 pm

If it's a choice between an old and slow and experienced  Lescott or error prone Clark/Baker (I know he's gone out on loan) then I'm all over Lescott tbh.

Last edited by Leafs1201 on Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Leafs1201
Leafs1201
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:32 pm

I think Lescott is/was a good experienced CB. Whether his legs will carry him through two seasons at Villa is debatable, but the experience he will bring to training and defensive coaching, could help us stop making so many fundamental errors. If that happens then he will earn his considerable wages.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:36 pm

I'm pleased for Baker that he's going to play regular football with Bristol City. If he can stay fit he can become a formidable CB. I know a lot of fans don't rate Nathan, but he's one of my favourites.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:38 pm

Welcome to the Villa Illori. Let's see if you can finally get a Premier game under your belt!

Last edited by villabromsgrove on Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimbo Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:40 pm

Sandie wrote:Paperwork for Ilori signed just in time apparantly...

Surprised to see Bennett going to Bournemouth on loan. A higher level than I'd expect. Is it with a view to a permanent move?

No bud, he's signed an extension with us as well.
Kimbo
Kimbo
Private
Private

http://www.basementnoise.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:44 pm

What do we think of Randy Lerner's financial input this transfer window with a fraction of our TV money? Some sources are quoting a net spent of eight million pounds, but that includes transfer that were quoted in pounds instead of euros. I make it a net spend of approx. four million or less, which in my opinion is derisory for a Premier club that has once again cut it's wage bill.

Opinions guys?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafs1201 Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:54 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:What do we think of Randy Lerner's financial input this transfer window with a fraction of our TV money? Some sources are quoting a net spent of eight million pounds, but that includes transfer that were quoted in pounds instead of euros. I make it a net spend of approx. four million or less, which in my opinion is derisory for a Premier club that has once again cut it's wage bill.

Opinions guys?

See my post above VB, absolute pathetic spend from his own pocket and although we've strengthened the squad considerably what's worrying me massively is where the goals are coming from.
Leafs1201
Leafs1201
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:08 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:I'm pleased for Baker that he's going to play regular football with Bristol City. If he can stay fit he can become a formidable CB. I know a lot of fans don't rate Nathan, but he's one of my favourites.

I like Baker too. He's a wholehearted player. Mind, I seem to be one of the few who still rates Clark, so what do I know?

Kimbo wrote:
Sandie wrote:Paperwork for Ilori signed just in time apparantly...

No bud, he's signed an extension with us as well.

Surprised by that. Guess Tim sees something in him. I think he might be better suited to playing further forward than left back, to be honest.

villabromsgrove wrote:What do we think of Randy Lerner's financial input this transfer window with a fraction of our TV money? Some sources are quoting a net spent of eight million pounds, but that includes transfer that were quoted in pounds instead of euros. I make it a net spend of approx. four million or less, which in my opinion is derisory for a Premier club that has once again cut it's wage bill.

Opinions guys?

He still wants to sell. And that explains why he's not interested in investing too much and wants to keep the balance sheet looking appealing. I can't help but wonder if our willingness to fund the demands of Adebayor or someone else were affected by not being able to offload big earners like N'Zogbia, Richardson and Senderos?

What marks out of 10 would we give them? I'd go for 7/10. We've brought some promising players in but not really solved the question of where the goals are going to come from, Sinclair aside, and even his recent record could have as much to do with being up against some poor teams whilst on a hot streak. And many of the players we've brought in are gambles, they might not all come off as we expect.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next