www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transfer Deadline Day with CABA One thread for all discussion for the day.

+9
Kimbo
Chris Harte
avfcff1982
danclare82
GadgetMan
South London Villan
Jimmycarr
Stratfordvilla
Jim Villan
13 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Transfer Deadline Day with CABA One thread for all discussion for the day.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Transfer Deadline Day with CABA One thread for all discussion for the day.

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:00 pm

Remy's wasting his time at the Chelsea player farm. Haven't they currently got twelve players or possibly more by now out on loan? There should be a UEFA rule to stop clubs stock piling otherwise unwanted players, just to take them off the market and maybe make some cash on some of them at the same time. Perhaps allow loans for under 21's development, then only 2 adult player loans per season out as well as in.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Transfer Deadline Day with CABA One thread for all discussion for the day.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Transfer Deadline Day with CABA One thread for all discussion for the day.

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:03 pm

Welcome Joleon .... please don't turn into an old man over night! We need two good seasons out of you. Transfer Deadline Day with CABA One thread for all discussion for the day.  - Page 6 205019816
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:04 pm

Transfer Deadline Day with CABA One thread for all discussion for the day.  - Page 6 Image10
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:06 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Remy's wasting his time at the Chelsea player farm. Haven't they currently got twelve players or possibly more by now out on loan? There should be a UEFA rule to stop clubs stock piling otherwise unwanted players, just to take them off the market and maybe make some cash on some of them at the same time. Perhaps allow loans for under 21's development, then only 2 adult player loans per season out as well as in.

One of their players signed a new contract today and then went straight out on loan. Forget who?!

Oh clubs have until 6pm to register initial paperwork and then allowed between 6pm and 8pm to complete. So it could go on until then.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:07 pm

Very happy with Lescott signing. One more piece of the jigsaw to go. Will we get it / him
danclare82
danclare82
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:08 pm

I had forgot that Remy was at Chelsea.

Welcome Joleon. Hopefully he'll tighten up the defence.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcff1982 Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:10 pm

Gotta be pleased with Lescott signing, a no brainer for our defence.

Can't see any surprises jumping up before the end of the deadline now.
avfcff1982
avfcff1982
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:19 pm

Looks like that may be it folks. Unless we pull off a last min loan deal (don't need extensive medicals) Remy is the only rumour. Adebayor sadly looks dead (the deal, not him ha) That's a tenner potentially lost by me, I won't care should we add an experienced striker. Should we not, I can't help but feel disappointed. I know I should be happy with the window, I do however think at this stage we've missed the boat and MAY regret in not getting a proven striker.

1 hr 40mins and counting for something to break.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:19 pm

Something not really mentioned about Lescott is that he knows and has played with Micah Richards before. That'll hopefully benefit us as we'll have two guys who will be accustomed to one another, know each other's strengths and weakness and will be on the same wavelength from the off. I think Lescott and Richards have probably played alongside each other as centre halves for City, that's assuming we don't put Richards at full back.

I have doubts about Lescott but it certainly makes sense from that perspective.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:20 pm

Watford have signed Obbi Oulare on a five year deal. I would be surprised if they aren't able to cash in on him in two or three years time and make really big profit, having had Benteke type service from him when he settles into the Premier League. I would have loved Villa to have done this deal. He's one for the future and is a superb coup for Watford.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:24 pm

I think it's clear that Adebayor didn't want to come to Villa because of our location and our recent league history. He was desperate to go to West Ham' because he could have played football and continued to earn his huge money without putting himself out and making an effort.

He's evidently sat on his settee waiting for a call according to SKY.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:24 pm

Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:51 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:I think it's clear that Adebayor didn't want to come to Villa because of our location and our recent league history. He was desperate to go to West Ham' because he could have played football and continued to earn his huge money without putting himself out and making an effort.

He's evidently sat on his settee waiting for a call according to SKY.

That was a bit stupid by Sky, that whole few mins about the phone call was pure cheese!! If it was the Midlands guy that had made the call he'd have said the same. He's a mercenary and would of gone to the highest bidder ultimately. They chose to run with the WHU angle as they've been saying all day he spoke to Bilic last night. If he did and WHU wanted him and him them, he'd be there now and not on his sofa. Probably didn't even speak to him haha!!

I know he was happy to come to Villa, so location wasn't an issue, a preference perhaps, but not why he didn't/hasn't joined Villa. Villa had a chance last night to go in for him and were encouraged too. So quite what happened we may never know?!

Edit: I should have added, imo and as far as I know etc etc and that doesn't make it fact!! Maybe Tim can tell us why he didn't pursue the deal when/if asked?
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:15 pm

I think Levy is the problem, he wants his cake and he wants to eat it.
If the rumours are true regarding Berahino and Spurs offer, part payments etc, the same with Adebayor and monies owing due to contractual obligations then Levy will have to suffer the consequences, and so will the Baggies.
So much for Levy being a top negotiator who always gets the best deal.
South London Villan
South London Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:25 pm

South London Villan wrote:I think Levy is the problem, he wants his cake and he wants to eat it.
If the rumours are true regarding Berahino and Spurs offer, part payments etc, the same with Adebayor and monies owing due to contractual obligations then Levy will have to suffer the consequences, and so will the Baggies.
So much for Levy being a top negotiator who always gets the best deal.
I occasionally browse Spurs fans forums and they are not happy with Levy.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next