www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transfer Deadline Day with CABA One thread for all discussion for the day.

+9
Kimbo
Chris Harte
avfcff1982
danclare82
GadgetMan
South London Villan
Jimmycarr
Stratfordvilla
Jim Villan
13 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Transfer Deadline Day with CABA One thread for all discussion for the day.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer Deadline Day with CABA One thread for all discussion for the day.

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:52 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:The Sky reporter at BodyMoor Heath has just mentioned the Ilori link.

Has anyone else noticed that other clubs have positioned the Sky reporter to show off their ground or training facilities. Villa have put Mark Benstead in the middle of a featureless field. Will we ever get our PR right?

Ps: I blame Tommy Jordan, remember him?

It's the little things isn't it?! Get him next to a sign and look after him. We don't like the press do we.

Tommy Jordan? Go on VB explain.
He's our Head of Communications yet nobodies ever heard of him. He was employed on the recommendation of Paul Lambert, even though he had only previously been a sports journalist in Glasgow, and he started his Villa job on the same day that Paul Lambert was sacked. You couldn't make it up could you! Transfer Deadline Day with CABA One thread for all discussion for the day.  - Page 4 3640643743
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Transfer Deadline Day with CABA One thread for all discussion for the day.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer Deadline Day with CABA One thread for all discussion for the day.

Post by Sandie Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:04 pm

Wasn't the previous Head of Comms some old mate of O'Neill's, too?

Baker's gone to Bristol City. Hopefully he'll get some good experience there.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:11 pm

RE Austin: I imagine that he's on a fair old wedge at QPR (considering their attitude to financial fair play) so maybe wage demands are playing a part in why nobody's signed him yet?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:13 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:The Sky reporter at BodyMoor Heath has just mentioned the Ilori link.

Has anyone else noticed that other clubs have positioned the Sky reporter to show off their ground or training facilities. Villa have put Mark Benstead in the middle of a featureless field. Will we ever get our PR right?

Ps: I blame Tommy Jordan, remember him?

It's the little things isn't it?! Get him next to a sign and look after him. We don't like the press do we.

Tommy Jordan? Go on VB explain.
He's our Head of Communications yet nobodies ever heard of him. He was employed on the recommendation of Paul Lambert, even though he had only previously been a sports journalist in Glasgow, and he started his Villa job on the same day that Paul Lambert was sacked. You couldn't make it up could you! Transfer Deadline Day with CABA One thread for all discussion for the day.  - Page 4 3640643743

Ah ok, I was told Lambert appointed the media guy, didn't know his name though and that says a lot. Fortunately for the club Tim is a PR dream or else we'd struggle more than we already do PR wise.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:16 pm

Sandie wrote:Wasn't the previous Head of Comms some old mate of O'Neill's, too?

Baker's gone to Bristol City. Hopefully he'll get some good experience there.

Yep Doogan was appointed by MON. Useless too. How long before villa go down the Newcastle route and only allow certain papers to report on them? Still can't believe that approach given how much clubs are given by the TV companies.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:18 pm

Matija Sarkic from Anderlecht signed. Under 18 GK
danclare82
danclare82
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcff1982 Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:22 pm

danclare82 wrote:Matija Sarkic from Anderlecht signed. Under 18 GK

Just seen a picture of him on AVFC Official, you can tell he's a keeper, his hands are massive shot stoppers.
avfcff1982
avfcff1982
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:24 pm

avfcff1982 wrote:

Just seen a picture of him on AVFC Official, you can tell he's a keeper, his hands are massive shot stoppers.
Doesn't look very tall though. How tall is TS?
danclare82
danclare82
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:29 pm

danclare82 wrote:
avfcff1982 wrote:

Sherwood is tall. 6ft 2/3 so he's tall enough at 18
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:32 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
danclare82 wrote:
avfcff1982 wrote:

Sherwood is tall. 6ft 2/3 so he's tall enough at 18
That'll do. Welcome to villa!
danclare82
danclare82
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:46 pm

Very quiet on Andros townsend. wonder whether someone will take him. I would be very happy if we did.
danclare82
danclare82
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:04 pm

danclare82 wrote:Very quiet on Andros townsend. wonder whether someone will take him. I would be very happy if we did.

Could end up somewhere on loan I guess. Not sure it will be us. I wouldn't mind him, but with Adama do we need him?

Any more rumours?
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:09 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
danclare82 wrote:Very quiet on Andros townsend. wonder whether someone will take him. I would be very happy if we did.

Could end up somewhere on loan I guess. Not sure it will be us. I wouldn't mind him, but with Adama do we need him?

Any more rumours?
If we had CNZ of books i'd say yes would be good competition on right between those 2 with JG and SS on left. I like him and think under TS he will end up with us if he stays at spurs this window.
Apart from the normal Ade, Berba, gayle rumours with Iilori thrown in not heard anything else.
danclare82
danclare82
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:16 pm

Any one else think this is a daft way to do multi million pound deals?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:18 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Any one else think this is a daft way to do multi million pound deals?
I don't understand why they leave it so late. De Gea deal should of been done along time ago and now because it was left till deadline it's gone pete tong. Crazy
danclare82
danclare82
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next