www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aston Villa V Newcastle Match Thread

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Aston Villa V Newcastle Match Thread Empty Aston Villa V Newcastle Match Thread

Post by Sandie Tue May 03, 2016 6:41 pm

So this coming Saturday will see the last chance to witness Premier League football at Villa Park for at least the next year. It will be a sad day.

We will be playing Newcastle. If we lose, it will mean we've lost to every single team in the Premier League at least once. Yes. That's a shocking stat. Losing will also mean that Newcastle will improve their hopes of remaining in the league. In fact, it might even be enough to save them full stop. And after their recent bitterness that just won't do. To paraphrase one of their past messiahs, I'd love it if we beat them. However, we won't. I'm predicting a meek surrender and a 4-0 Newcastle win to heap yet more embarrassment on the club.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa V Newcastle Match Thread Empty Re: Aston Villa V Newcastle Match Thread

Post by GadgetMan Tue May 03, 2016 7:31 pm

I can't bring myself to think of another home humiliation and at the hands of Newcastle no less. So I will think with my heart on this one (it's been awhile) Picture a scenario whereby the VP faithful adopt the attitude of the away fans and there's a party atmosphere (in place of the recent toxic one) and this spurs on our delicate little flowers to finally put in a 90 minute shift and secure all three points, in a tight, but passionate affair.

A 2-1 win and a victory off the pitch too where we're able to 'give a little' to the Newcastle lot (who will no doubt remind us that we're already down) whilst hopefully doing enough damage to drag them down with us, or at the very least, not fall further on our swords against a 'Toon Army' desperate to see us crying into our Scarves.

Let's go down singing and cheering and show the 'Toon' what a big club actually looks like Aston Villa V Newcastle Match Thread 205019816

In reality, we'll probably get stuffed and this lot will deservedly break our all time losing streak to howls of laughter and taunts from the Newcastle fans. A man can dream.....right?!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa V Newcastle Match Thread Empty Re: Aston Villa V Newcastle Match Thread

Post by Sandie Tue May 03, 2016 8:00 pm

I really wish for that 'dream'. Make the last VP PL game for the time being one where we go out with style. Have the players finally give supporters something small to cheer.

Sadly, our players couldn't beat an egg...
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue May 03, 2016 8:26 pm

Sandie wrote:I really wish for that 'dream'. Make the last VP PL game for the time being one where we go out with style. Have the players finally give supporters something small to cheer.

Sadly, our players couldn't beat an egg...

Yes, this is indeed the case and we'll no doubt serve up more of the same, urrggh!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed May 04, 2016 11:30 am

Our last home game under the disastrous ownership of Randy Lerner should be a carnival affair. Fans should forget the match that's happening on the pitch and just party in the stands for 90 minutes. There should be congas in the aisles and round the concourses, renditions of "auld langs syne" and Chumbawamba's "I get knocked down but I get up again" every five minutes, and general mad celebration of the fact that the Lerner era is over.

villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Wed May 04, 2016 2:47 pm

I'm not cracking open the champagne until his departure is officially confirmed. That said, I think we, as a fanbase, need to bow out of the PL gracefully. We have done this so far. No grown men crying. Let's laugh at ourselves rather than that.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu May 05, 2016 11:09 am

I don't see Black doing much different, so I'm going for us beating ourselves yet again by the odd goal or two.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu May 05, 2016 2:56 pm

Of course, the last time we relegated Newcastle they in effect beat themselves too. It was 1-0 thanks to an own goal. All things considered, wouldn't it be delicious if there was a repeat?
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu May 05, 2016 3:20 pm

Sandie wrote:Of course, the last time we relegated Newcastle they in effect beat themselves too. It was 1-0 thanks to an own goal. All things considered, wouldn't it be delicious if there was a repeat?

Either that or the ball bouncing in off one of our 'On 74 beach balls/Balloons' even funnier. I'd like for us to end our season at VP on a 'high' and at least beat Newcastle and have a fun and party atmosphere. We deserve at least that...surely?!

We have no LB, so I wonder what the errr 'adventurous' Mr Black will do? probably play Hutton there I'd imagine. I'd promote a U21 personally like Sulliman.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Thu May 05, 2016 3:41 pm

Lewis Kinsella is meant to be good. Think he's still with us? I'd give him a go. I saw the Brum Mail suggesting that Black might play Bacuna there. Townsend V Bacuna? God help us.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu May 05, 2016 6:08 pm

Sandie wrote:Lewis Kinsella is meant to be good. Think he's still with us? I'd give him a go. I saw the Brum Mail suggesting that Black might play Bacuna there. Townsend V Bacuna? God help us.

Hell no to Bacuna, but very likely. Yeah Kinsella is a good lad, I think Sulliman is better, but actually his preferred position is CB whereas Kinsella plays LB for the U21's so a good shout. Probably put Toner there and bring in Richards and stick with the 3 CB's so something like this

Bunn

Richards Lescott Clark

Bacuna                             Toner

Westwood Gana Sanchez

Gestede Ayew
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri May 06, 2016 11:07 am

Black, the man who doesn't want to be here, will pick another team that we don't want to watch. We deserve to lose.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri May 06, 2016 3:20 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Black, the man who doesn't want to be here, will pick another team that we don't want to watch. We deserve to lose.

Yep, we really do, but I'm going to hope with all hope that we don't. I'm prepared to be let down AGAIN guys.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat May 07, 2016 2:02 pm

I've just realised we're playing a match today .... seriously! I've been pottering around in the garden and I hadn't given a thought to Villa.

Get the club sold Randy!
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat May 07, 2016 2:04 pm

Aston Villa V Newcastle Match Thread Argh10

Subs: Guzan, Richards, Adama, Gil, Hepburn-Murphy, Lyden, Grealish.

Bacuna left back? Arggggggggghhhhhhh!
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next