www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off.

+15
Jim Villan
Morddred
South London Villan
Sandie
stevieg179avfc
haden18
villabromsgrove
gdav
Chris Harte
Obnoxious Lion
Leafs1201
ejs1111
Jimmycarr
Liberty
lukevilla
19 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Can we beat Palace?

Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. I_vote_lcap67%Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. Empty 67% 
[ 8 ]
Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. I_vote_lcap25%Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. Empty 25% 
[ 3 ]
Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. I_vote_lcap8%Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. Empty 8% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 12

Poll closed

Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. Empty Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off.

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:12 am

It's an intriguing match. Palace are a good team, with some dangerous players, and Villa are a team bursting with young lads who are going to be excellent footballers for the Villa. Are they ready yet? Are they a team? Are they now fit enough after double training sessions.

This Villa team could do anything, and probably will over the next few matches. Pieces of gobsmacking brilliance mixed in with misunderstandings and glaring mistakes. So how do we predict tomorrow?

We can win this one and we can easily lose it, so what's it going to be?

I'm going for an inaugural celebration win for the Claret and Blue Army!

What do you think?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. Empty Re: Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off.

Post by haden18 Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:14 pm

I can never go against villa, so i'm going for the win, but it has to be 2-1. Palace will definitely score at their ground!
haden18
haden18
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. Empty Re: Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off.

Post by GadgetMan Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:16 pm

haden18 wrote:I can never go against villa, so i'm going for the win, but it has to be 2-1. Palace will definitely score at their ground!

Welcome Haden18 I'm the same when it comes to any poll or bet, I can't back the other team, even on FM I hate seeing Villa lose haha! We will need to be far more potent than the first two games to come away with anything. Gestede to start?
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimbo Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:19 pm

Welcome Haden!

I've got a policy this season of having a bet on us to win 3-2 in every game, eventually it will pay off... hopefully Very Happy

In all seriousness I never feel overly confident in our defence but I do feel with everyone fit that we'll score goals - and I'm still half-expecting a striker to arrive before the window shuts. I'm not convinced this 1-0/0-1 pattern will be a long-term thing.

So yeah, 3-2 Villa... Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. 205019816
Kimbo
Kimbo
Private
Private

http://www.basementnoise.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by haden18 Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:21 pm

Cheers Gadget! Yeah when it comes to gambling I either back villa or stay the hell away! He has to start for me, but I'm not sure about the formation. Everyone automatically says, away from home lets pack the midfield, but I feel like a Gana/Westy 2, with Grealish Gabby and Sinclair behind Gestede could work. Gana runs like no other so should be able to shut down some bursts from Palace. Let Grealish float and ask Sinclair and Gabby to double up on wingers when Palace explode out?
haden18
haden18
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:22 pm

It's strange isn't it that Palace who were just a small team in the south London suburbs, are now the bookies favourites for tomorrow's match. We need to start to re establish ourselves as one of the 'big teams' so we start tomorrow. I'll echo your 2-1 scoreline Haden, and add a welcome to the Claret and Blue army. Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. 4288271622

PS: You're outnumbered by Mods at the moment, but that will soon change. Very Happy
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by haden18 Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:23 pm

Thanks Kimbo! Hahaha yeah you'll get a bit back after you've lost twice that amount Wink I still expect a striker, Diao from Lazio? The defence im getting there with, Guzan still worries me especially with kicking. Amavi will get up to speed and has looked solid going forward, and most of the time defensively. Its only the right back that worries me, and we've got him for another 5! Lol, i want him to be good, i like the lad, but where is his position!?
haden18
haden18
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by haden18 Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:24 pm

Yeah bromsgrove i expected as much for a little while haha, anyway, you're only the guys behind it, we're all villans! Good choice btw Wink Thanks for the welcome!
haden18
haden18
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:02 pm

haden18 wrote:Yeah bromsgrove i expected as much for a little while haha, anyway, you're only the guys behind it, we're all villans! Good choice btw Wink Thanks for the welcome!

Kind and wise words. We recognise our members will make this forum great!! We are all part of the Claret and Blue army Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. 205019816

As for Palace, they really are a strong side. Pains me to say it, but Pardew has done a great job so far.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by haden18 Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:13 pm

He has indeed. However, i think last weeks match was poor in terms of creativity for both sides, but i feel like we more than matched united everywhere else, we just need a final ball.
haden18
haden18
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:17 pm

I'm hoping Yannick Bolasie will have his mind on a big move, rather than putting it all in to tomorrow's match. Things like that can make a difference.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by haden18 Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:26 pm

Very true, need him to have an off day. Btw, is there any system to "1up" a comment? Give it a like, thumbs up etc?
haden18
haden18
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:34 pm

haden18 wrote:Very true, need him to have an off day. Btw, is there any system to "1up" a comment? Give it a like, thumbs up etc?

Yes there will be, still working on the layout before activating it. The hosts can be a little restrictive, so we didn't want to let that hold up the launch. Will be added though Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. 4288271622
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:19 pm

haden18 wrote:Very true, need him to have an off day. Btw, is there any system to "1up" a comment? Give it a like, thumbs up etc?

How's that for a fast turnaround? We have a like button Very Happy
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:22 pm

Villa to win! hope grealish and gil play!

lukevilla
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next