www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off.

+15
Jim Villan
Morddred
South London Villan
Sandie
stevieg179avfc
haden18
villabromsgrove
gdav
Chris Harte
Obnoxious Lion
Leafs1201
ejs1111
Jimmycarr
Liberty
lukevilla
19 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Can we beat Palace?

Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. - Page 6 I_vote_lcap67%Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. - Page 6 Empty 67% 
[ 8 ]
Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. - Page 6 I_vote_lcap25%Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. - Page 6 Empty 25% 
[ 3 ]
Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. - Page 6 I_vote_lcap8%Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. - Page 6 Empty 8% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 12

Poll closed

Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. - Page 6 Empty Re: Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off.

Post by Morddred Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:46 pm

Disappointment tempered with the hope that we are bedding a new team. Wish he would drop Gabby for a few seasons and move on.
Morddred
Morddred
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. - Page 6 Empty Re: Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off.

Post by Jim Villan Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:33 pm

Todays match showed us that this team is very much a work in progress and that as fans we are going to have to have patience, a Tedious cliche I know! As fans we've the luxury of hindsight, unfortunately something that Tim sherwood doesn't when he picks his team etc. He just like the fans is learning about the players in real time, for now is going to be very much a case of trial and error.

Positives of today:
We looked pretty solid in the first half, albeit we were playing 3 central midfi
Adama Traore- what an exciting player this lad is going to be, he looks like he has th eability to translate those you tube bets bits into  premierleague performances and if he does, we will have one if the most potent wingers in the league!
Micha richards continuing to look good in the centre of defence
Jack Grealish showing inate ease on the ball, leading to goal scoring oportunities

Negatives:
Playing 3 central midfielders slowing our play up too much and suffocating the space, rendering Gabby and Gestede's partnership total ineffective, this will only work if we play expansively and direct imo.
Experienced players contributing to soft goals  - Clarke, Bacuna, Guzan (continued weak distribution, putting pressure on defines )
Sinclair Ayew lack of action despite gabby's weak showing.

Last edited by Jim Villan on Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Poor Grammar)
Jim Villan
Jim Villan
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:44 pm

Jim Villan wrote:Todays match showed us that this team is very much a work in progress and that as fans we are going to have to have patience, a Tedious cliche I know! As fans we've the luxury of hindsight, unfortunately something that Tim sherwood doesnt when he picks his team etc. He just like the fans is learning about the players in real time, for now is going to be very much a case of trial and error.

Positives of today:
We looked pretty solid in the first half albeit we were playing 3 central midfi
Adama Traore- what an exciting player this lad is going to be he looks like he has th eability to translate those you tube bets bits into  premierleague performances and if he does we will have one if the most potent wingers in the league!
Micha richards continuing to look good in the centre of defense
Jack Grealish showing his inate ease on the ball leading to goal scoring oportunities

Negatives:
Playing 3 central midfielders slowing our play up too and suffocating the space, rendering Gabby and Gestede's partnership total ineffective this will only work if we play expansively imo.
Experienced players contributing to soft goals  - Clarke Guzan Bacuna (indeciveness and poor decisions on distribution) Bacuna
Sinclair Ayew lack of action despite gabby's weak showing.

Great first post that JV Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. - Page 6 205019816 Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. - Page 6 4288271622 Welcome, you can stick around if you speak such sense haha!! Couldn't disagree with any of it..
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcff1982 Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:50 pm

Always a disappointment to lose, but as said previously in the thread, Sherwood is still getting to know his players, for him, it's like driving a car into a tornado, and hoping you come out the other side ok

I'm positive he'll get it right, there are now some classy looking players in the side, the signs were there yesterday, he'll get things wrong as he's still learning, but ultimately, he will be The Man for Villa. Time and patience needed from us. UTV

avfcff1982
avfcff1982
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:58 pm

avfcff1982 wrote:Always a disappointment to lose, but as said previously in the thread, Sherwood is still getting to know his players, for him, it's like driving a car into a tornado, and hoping you come out the other side ok

I'm positive he'll get it right, there are now some classy looking players in the side, the signs were there yesterday, he'll get things wrong as he's still learning, but ultimately, he will be The Man for Villa. Time and patience needed from us. UTV

Sensible post that and very true indeed. He's just finding the right formula and combination. Can't wait to see Grealish, Gill and Traore with a clever striker linking with them. Can't stop thinking about Adama's pace and acceleration from a standing start yesterday, he's going to be lethal used correctly. Lots to look forward too and I don't think we're done yet in the transfer window.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:59 am

The first two games for me were very poor, but against Palace I thought we did well, and some definite positives to take. They may have stepped it up in the second half but we could of got a point.
I think our obvious problem is personnel, certain players need to be dropped. If we can get a few goals from open play against County it could encourage the team against Sunderland. We cant afford to lose to the teams that will likely be around us.

Amar
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:13 am

Amar wrote:The first two games for me were very poor, but against Palace I thought we did well, and some definite positives to take.  They may have stepped it up in the second half but we could of got a point.
I think our obvious problem is personnel, certain players need to be dropped.  If we can get a few goals from open play against County it could encourage the team against Sunderland.  We cant afford to lose to the teams that will likely be around us.
We have to beat Sunderland at home. It's our first 'must win' game of the season. We can do it with the right team selection.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:19 am

villabromsgrove wrote:
Amar wrote:The first two games for me were very poor, but against Palace I thought we did well, and some definite positives to take.  They may have stepped it up in the second half but we could of got a point.
I think our obvious problem is personnel, certain players need to be dropped.  If we can get a few goals from open play against County it could encourage the team against Sunderland.  We cant afford to lose to the teams that will likely be around us.
We have to beat Sunderland at home. It's our first 'must win' game of the season. We can do it with the right team selection.

Hows it going Bromsgrove.

Its odd to think 3 games in we have such an important game. Team selection - I would drop Gabby and Bacuna.

Amar
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:39 am

Amar wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:

Hows it going Bromsgrove.

Its odd to think 3 games in we have such an important game.  Team selection  - I would drop Gabby and Bacuna.
It's going well Amar Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. - Page 6 4288271622 .I agree with you about dropping Gabby, he's been woeful so far. I'm not sure about Bacuna's position as I think right back duties may change when Adama is fully fit, because we won't need to rely on a wing back to get forward and get crosses in, but I'd keep Bacuna there for now. I think we need to change our reliance on playing three defensive centre midfielders. It didn't work last season and it's not working now. Veretout needs to play imo, the only way he's going to get up to the pace of the Premiership is to play regularly, and he must be more creative than any of our current midfield three.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:48 am

[/quote]
It's going well Amar Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. - Page 6 4288271622 .I agree with you about dropping Gabby, he's been woeful so far. I'm not sure about Bacuna's position as I think right back duties may change when Adama is fully fit, because we won't need to rely on a wing back to get forward and get crosses in, but I'd keep Bacuna there for now. I think we need to change our reliance on playing three defensive centre midfielders. It didn't work last season and it's not working now. Veretout needs to play imo, the only way he's going to get up to the pace of the Premiership is to play regularly, and he must be more creative than any of our current midfield three.[/quote]

Problem with Bacuna is he isnt a right back so is being asked to play out of position, guess thats not his fault but the mistakes he makes are.
Central midfield has been a problem for years. Well known Twitter fact is I cant stand Westwood, think he is rubbish. Id play Snachez and Gueye in the middle, and either try out Veretout or use Gil as the creativity/passer.

Amar
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:01 am

It's going well Amar Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. - Page 6 4288271622 .I agree with you about dropping Gabby, he's been woeful so far. I'm not sure about Bacuna's position as I think right back duties may change when Adama is fully fit, because we won't need to rely on a wing back to get forward and get crosses in, but I'd keep Bacuna there for now. I think we need to change our reliance on playing three defensive centre midfielders. It didn't work last season and it's not working now. Veretout needs to play imo, the only way he's going to get up to the pace of the Premiership is to play regularly, and he must be more creative than any of our current midfield three.[/quote]

Problem with Bacuna is he isnt a right back so is being asked to play out of position, guess thats not his fault but the mistakes he makes are.
Central midfield has been a problem for years. Well known Twitter fact is I cant stand Westwood, think he is rubbish.  Id play Snachez and Gueye in the middle, and either try out Veretout or use Gil as the creativity/passer.[/quote]I also agree with you about Westwood. The trouble is Sherwood thinks he's brilliant, and I can't see him being dropped! Westwood does the simple things reasonably well. The five yard passes and recycling the ball, and that means that his stats always look good at the end of a match.

Sherwood should try sitting in the stands and get the view we have of Westwood. I see a fairly competent player who doesn't like a 50/50 tackle and does the safe thing all the time. He can't hit a corner properly, and yet he takes them all the time, he's uninspiring and doesn't contribute to match wins. A waste of 1/11th of our team for me. Why does TS love him so much?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:02 am

villabromsgrove wrote:It's going well Amar Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. - Page 6 4288271622 .I agree with you about dropping Gabby, he's been woeful so far. I'm not sure about Bacuna's position as I think right back duties may change when Adama is fully fit, because we won't need to rely on a wing back to get forward and get crosses in, but I'd keep Bacuna there for now. I think we need to change our reliance on playing three defensive centre midfielders. It didn't work last season and it's not working now. Veretout needs to play imo, the only way he's going to get up to the pace of the Premiership is to play regularly, and he must be more creative than any of our current midfield three.

Central midfield has been a problem for years. Well known Twitter fact is I cant stand Westwood, think he is rubbish.  Id play Snachez and Gueye in the middle, and either try out Veretout or use Gil as the creativity/passer.[/quote]

I also agree with you about Westwood. The trouble is Sherwood thinks he's brilliant, and I can't see him being dropped! Westwood does the simple things reasonably well. The five yard passes and recycling the ball, and that means that his stats always look good at the end of a match.

Sherwood should try sitting in the stands and get the view we have of Westwood. I see a fairly competent player who doesn't like a 50/50 tackle and does the safe thing all the time. He can't hit a corner properly, and yet he takes them all the time, he's uninspiring and doesn't contribute to match wins. A waste of 1/11th of our team for me. Why does TS love him so much?
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:13 am

villabromsgrove wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:It's going well Amar Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. - Page 6 4288271622 .I agree with you about dropping Gabby, he's been woeful so far. I'm not sure about Bacuna's position as I think right back duties may change when Adama is fully fit, because we won't need to rely on a wing back to get forward and get crosses in, but I'd keep Bacuna there for now. I think we need to change our reliance on playing three defensive centre midfielders. It didn't work last season and it's not working now. Veretout needs to play imo, the only way he's going to get up to the pace of the Premiership is to play regularly, and he must be more creative than any of our current midfield three.

Central midfield has been a problem for years. Well known Twitter fact is I cant stand Westwood, think he is rubbish.  Id play Snachez and Gueye in the middle, and either try out Veretout or use Gil as the creativity/passer.

I also agree with you about Westwood. The trouble is Sherwood thinks he's brilliant, and I can't see him being dropped! Westwood does the simple things reasonably well. The five yard passes and recycling the ball, and that means that his stats always look good at the end of a match.

Sherwood should try sitting in the stands and get the view we have of Westwood. I see a fairly competent player who doesn't like a 50/50 tackle and does the safe thing all the time. He can't hit a corner properly, and yet he takes them all the time, he's uninspiring and doesn't contribute to match wins. A waste of 1/11th of our team for me. Why does TS love him so much?[/quote]

I couldn't have put it any better myself. I agree with all of that, him and Gabby are a waste of a team space that could go to someone else. Westwood is a Championship player. Its embarrasing when an opposition player just shrugs him off the ball.

Amar
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:15 am

Amar, you and I should manage Villa we'd soon sort them out! Very Happy
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:18 am

Haha first Villa then world domination

Amar
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next