www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off.

+15
Jim Villan
Morddred
South London Villan
Sandie
stevieg179avfc
haden18
villabromsgrove
gdav
Chris Harte
Obnoxious Lion
Leafs1201
ejs1111
Jimmycarr
Liberty
lukevilla
19 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Can we beat Palace?

Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap67%Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. - Page 2 Empty 67% 
[ 8 ]
Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap25%Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. - Page 2 Empty 25% 
[ 3 ]
Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap8%Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. - Page 2 Empty 8% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 12

Poll closed

Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. - Page 2 Empty Re: Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off.

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:26 pm

lukevilla wrote:Villa to win!  hope grealish and gil play!
Welcome to CABA Luke. I like your positivity about Grealish and Gil. Sherwood says they can play together so let's see if they share the pitch and the ball tomorrow. Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. - Page 2 2614569260
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. - Page 2 Empty Re: Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off.

Post by Kimbo Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:37 pm

haden18 wrote:Thanks Kimbo! Hahaha yeah you'll get a bit back after you've lost twice that amount Wink I still expect a striker, Diao from Lazio? The defence im getting there with, Guzan still worries me especially with kicking. Amavi will get up to speed and has looked solid going forward, and most of the time defensively. Its only the right back that worries me, and we've got him for another 5! Lol, i want him to be good, i like the lad, but where is his position!?

Well! It's usually around 40/1, so I'm thinking 38 league games, if it happens just once I'm in a whopping £2 profit Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. - Page 2 3640643743

Still need to decide what to do about cup games though.... scratch

I completely agree on Bacuna. He's a likeable lad and can never be faulted for effort, but I just don't think he's good enough to be playing every week. Squad player? Absolutely. Regular? Not for me. Jack of all trades, master of none, as they say.
Kimbo
Kimbo
Private
Private

http://www.basementnoise.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by haden18 Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:20 pm

Hahaha top notch effort gadget!!

Positivity is key kimbo Wink

Summed bacuna up perfectly!
haden18
haden18
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg179avfc Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:42 pm

I`ve got a sneaky feeling of 2-0 to Villa. Palace haven't got the best defensive midfield in the Prem so I see Gueye and veretout Getting a bit more of the ball and breaking then down at will....I hope!! Scorers... Gueye and yes Ayew for his first of many!
stevieg179avfc
stevieg179avfc
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg179avfc Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:43 pm

Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. - Page 2 205019816 Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. - Page 2 3688355091 Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. - Page 2 205019816
stevieg179avfc
stevieg179avfc
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmycarr Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:02 pm

Would love to see Traore get some game time but doesn't look too likely the way TS has been chatting in the past couple of days, Grealish and Gil will hopefully run them ragged though.
Jimmycarr
Jimmycarr
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:05 pm

Afternoon all, would love to see a Villa win but I'm opting for a draw and really hoping to see Gil again!! Very Happy

Liberty
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:07 pm

Liberty wrote:Afternoon all, would love to see a Villa win but I'm opting for a draw and really hoping to see Gil again!! Very Happy
Good to have you with us Liberty. Feel free (did you see what I did there? Very Happy ) to wander around and keep on posting. Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. - Page 2 4288271622
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:11 pm

Nice pun!! just kept my company name as I do for everything! and I will have a wander thanks for the welcome bud

Liberty
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimbo Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:23 pm

Not sure Adama will be involved in this, even on the bench - I fancy him on the right, Grealish on the left and Gil in the middle against Notts County though.
Kimbo
Kimbo
Private
Private

http://www.basementnoise.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:31 pm

Think this will be a difficult game but for some reason am convinced we'll win it.

I think Palace are one of a number of teams (including ourselves) who've had a good summer (they've brought in a cracking player in Cabaye) and will likely be contesting the midtable places clear of relegation.

My one hope is that Gabby will lose his place. He may be loyal, he may have been a terrific player for us under MoN but I think his day has gone. The 2015 edition of Gabby no longer gets the goals or assists that a team like us needs from a forward. Hopefully with Gestede increasing in fitness and getting used to the higher level and with Gil, Grealish and Traore all in contention he won't be starting tomorrow. Regardless, with Traore in and those other two closer to fitness it'll be interesting to see what team we lineup with.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:17 pm

Jimmycarr wrote:Would love to see Traore get some game time but doesn't look too likely the way TS has been chatting in the past couple of days, Grealish and Gil will hopefully run them ragged though.

I'm hoping TS is calling people's bluff a little and just downplaying his potential to take pressure off the lad. He said when he signed he has a part to play now and for the future. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he is in the squad tomorrow
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:19 pm

Sandie wrote:Think this will be a difficult game but for some reason am convinced we'll win it.

I think Palace are one of a number of teams (including ourselves) who've had a good summer (they've brought in a cracking player in Cabaye) and will likely be contesting the midtable places clear of relegation.

My one hope is that Gabby will lose his place. He may be loyal, he may have been a terrific player for us under MoN but I think his day has gone. The 2015 edition of Gabby no longer gets the goals or assists that a team like us needs from a forward. Hopefully with Gestede increasing in fitness and getting used to the higher level and with Gil, Grealish and Traore all in contention he won't be starting tomorrow. Regardless, with Traore in and those other two closer to fitness it'll be interesting to see what team we lineup with.

We finally have real competition for places, when was the last time Gabby's place was actually seriously at threat? Long may it continue!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmycarr Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:45 pm

Do you really think Gabbys place is in threat GM? I'm more of the opninion/hooeful that's he's an impact sub at best, I inow we don't have a lot of choice up front but just think he doesn't bring enough to warrant a starting spot.
Jimmycarr
Jimmycarr
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Obnoxious Lion Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:15 pm

Loving all the positivity on here, 6 wins and 2 draws, I've gone for a 3-1 win with PP £5@40/1, you just know it's gonna happen. Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. - Page 2 2182316234
Obnoxious Lion
Obnoxious Lion
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next