www.theclaretandbluearmy.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off.

+15
Jim Villan
Morddred
South London Villan
Sandie
stevieg179avfc
haden18
villabromsgrove
gdav
Chris Harte
Obnoxious Lion
Leafs1201
ejs1111
Jimmycarr
Liberty
lukevilla
19 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Can we beat Palace?

Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap67%Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. - Page 3 Empty 67% 
[ 8 ]
Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap25%Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. - Page 3 Empty 25% 
[ 3 ]
Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap8%Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. - Page 3 Empty 8% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 12

Poll closed

Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. - Page 3 Empty Re: Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off.

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:48 am

It's a really important match today. Palace have some good players but they're still a team we should be targeting for points.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. - Page 3 Empty Re: Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off.

Post by Jimmycarr Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:58 am

Would we be happy with a good performance and a draw today? Team looked really good up to a point against ManU just lacked that final third finishing, how can we address it today.
Jimmycarr
Jimmycarr
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:04 am

A point would be a small step in the right direction.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:20 am

If we can keep showing signs of progress, a sign that our new players are starting to gel and form a real understanding, that will be a if plus Point. So that and a draw would be pleasing today. Anything more would be superb. Come on you lions!!!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Morddred Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:45 am

This is one I would love to see us win, obviously, it would mean we are capable of competing with the mid table teams as opposed to the ones fighting relegation.
One question though, what is more important today the points or the performance?
Morddred
Morddred
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:59 am

Fergal wrote:This is one I would love to see us win, obviously, it would mean we are capable of competing with the mid table teams as opposed to the ones fighting relegation.  
One question though, what is more important today the points or the performance?

Good question. I'm tempted to say the perfor,Andre but then wins greed confidence and even this early on points are crucial. I want both ha! I guess I'd be happy with a smash and grab win over a fluid, cracking display but a defeat. It's close though at this stage. I just think confidence from wins will see the team gelling quicker and ultimately prove more beneficial long term. You?
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by ejs1111 Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:17 pm

I'm confident of a 2-1 victory today. Palace is better away from home when they can play counter attacking footy. Our side has just as much pace as theirs, if not more, which will be something they are not used to. And I've also read reports that Bol was injured or something and might not play? Is that true? Obviously that would greatly help our cause.
Frankly I think our young team doesn't know which games it's supposed to win and not supposed to... Which is great. They are the fearless LIONS!
I'm expecting Jack to break into the 1st 11 today to add creativity to the attack. I'm also thinking TS might change formation to pack the midfield. I'm hoping he goes 442 diamond with Jack at the point. Then perhaps a target man like Gestede can be one of the two ST up front to receive crosses from Amavi and Bacuna.
Since we play with offensive minded FBs I'm a big fan of the 442 <> since it allows us to pack the midfield and use am attacking midfielder... Plus it gives us two strikers to play off the center backs
UTV!!!

ejs1111
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:33 pm

ejs1111 wrote:I'm confident of a 2-1 victory today. Palace is better away from home when they can play counter attacking footy. Our side has just as much pace as theirs, if not more, which will be something they are not used to. And I've also read reports that Bol was injured or something and might not play? Is that true? Obviously that would greatly help our cause.
Frankly I think our young team doesn't know which games it's supposed to win and not supposed to... Which is great. They are the fearless LIONS!
I'm expecting Jack to break into the 1st 11 today to add creativity to the attack. I'm also thinking TS might change formation to pack the midfield. I'm hoping he goes 442 diamond with Jack at the point. Then perhaps a target man like Gestede can be one of the two ST up front to receive crosses from Amavi and Bacuna.
Since we play with offensive minded FBs I'm a big fan of the 442 <> since it allows us to pack the midfield and use am attacking midfielder... Plus it gives us two strikers to play off the center backs
UTV!!!

Good post. I'm also a fan of two proper strikers and I think Ayew would thrive in a more central role. I fully expect Gabby to still play and possibly Jack to come in for Sinclair. Would also love to see Adama on the bench to go at a tired defence for the last 20mins. I'm not buying his recent comments. He's known for playing youth and lauded Jack as a 'one off' yesterday, so I can't see him shoving Adama with the Developmental Squad. A bit of poker by our Tim?
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:47 pm

Think Tim is trying to play down expectations with Traore. There's been a lot of hype around him so Tim will want to calm that down so expectations and pressure doesn't weigh on him.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafs1201 Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:16 pm

Fergal wrote:This is one I would love to see us win, obviously, it would mean we are capable of competing with the mid table teams as opposed to the ones fighting relegation.  

Whilst we all want to see a good performance, for me it's always points over performance after all it's points that help you climb the table, how many times have teams put in good performances and got nothing out of the game and vice versa putting in a poor performance but nicking a draw or even a win, funny old game football ain't it.
Leafs1201
Leafs1201
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:29 pm

Leafs1201 wrote:

Whilst we all want to see a good performance, for me it's always points over performance after all it's points that help you climb the table, how many times have teams put in good performances and got nothing out of the game and vice versa putting in a poor performance but nicking a draw or even a win, funny old game football ain't it.
I think Sherwood has answered the question. He's put out a team with three defensive midfielders. I know points are important, but sometimes we have to back ourselves to be better than the opposition, and play to our strengths .... let them worry about us.
villabromsgrove
villabromsgrove
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Obnoxious Lion Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:44 pm

Three changes from last week.

Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. - Page 3 Untitl10

Like the line up, just hope Sanchez stay's awake.
Obnoxious Lion
Obnoxious Lion
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:57 pm

Obnoxious Lion wrote:Three changes from last week.

Match day thread: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa .... Selhurst Park Sat August 22nd 3:00pm kick off. - Page 3 Untitl10

Like the line up, just hope Sanchez stay's awake.

Looked good in his brief cameo v mufc needs to do that again. Looking forward to seeing Rudy today. Come on you lions!!!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:03 pm

Gabby still starting? FFS!

Starting to think he's got some blackmail photos.
Sandie
Sandie
Admin and Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:09 pm

Sandie wrote:Gabby still starting? FFS!

Starting to think he's got some blackmail photos.

Ha ha! I thought that with Weimann and Lambert. I'm hoping once Adama and Ayew are up to speed he won't be picked or needed anymore. One can hope.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next